The Game Awards analysis and the “Xbox Tax”

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Death Stranding with 82 metascore and only selling around 3 million units on PS4 getting many nominations and awards during The Video Game Award back then is certainly a question that should be asked.
Question what exactly? DS is one of best gaming experience I ever had.
So GOTY is so minor for it.

Death Stranding is Kojima at best in game design.
Innovative, unique, addictive, etc.

If you like it then it is really in a special place.

PS. It sold way more than 3 million on PS4.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Death Stranding with 82 metascore and only selling around 3 million units on PS4 getting many nominations and awards during The Video Game Award back then is certainly a question that should be asked.
Question what? People actually enjoyed that game and just because it wasnt your cup of tea, that dont mean there is a conspiracy.

If we look at the consensus of sites that chose Death Stranding as their game of the year.

Death Stranding - 118 GOTY awards
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 94 GOTY awards
Seikiro - 85 GOTY awards
Control - 36 GOTY awards
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - 22 GOTY awards

As you can see multiple outlets enjoyed the game and named it their game of the year. There is no questions needed because there's not conspiracies.

Death Stranding was outsold and outscored by Luigi's Mansion 3 but thr blind panels at TGA were paid by Geoff to vote for DS instead of LM3.

LM3 - 13 million units(Most copies were sold at full price)

DS - 5 million units(PC/PS4 - Most were sold at discounted price)

Your beloved Luigi's Mansion on got only 1 GOTY award that year so you bringing up it sold more than Death Stranding so it deserved it more dont hold any weight because the gaming outlet majority thought otherwise.

Source:
GOTY 2019

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Xbox fan calls for Geoff Keighley to get "Will Smith'd". In other words inciting violence, because Starfield was not nominated.

Game journalists are certified cowards so maybe now that they're being threatened with violence they'll wise up, the yellow chairs aren't worth it to be sycophants for micro-psycho-soft

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Xbox fanboys defending turdfield

Joe Biden Clown GIF by Election 2020

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023

Xbox fan calls for Geoff Keighley to get "Will Smith'd". In other words inciting violence, because Starfield was not nominated.

I just noticed that the female cohost has a big ass spider-man themed PS5 and limited edition statue right behind her. So why is she mad it got nominated and Starfield didn’t? Both of them is weird and I don’t know why anyone watches them.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I just noticed that the female cohost has a big ass spider-man themed PS5 and limited edition statue right behind her. So why is she mad it got nominated and Starfield didn’t? Both of them is weird and I don’t know why anyone watches them.
EDIT: Spelling.

Because they're pretending to be neutral. Furthermore, most of these astroturfers don't actually play games. Their Xbox profiles have a a thousand or 2 gamerscore. They barely turn their consoles on. One of them claimed to be a major Halo fan and shilled for the latest one, only to be discovered she doesn't actually play halo or pretty much anything. Her excuse was that "she watched her boyfriend play it".

These people are just PR talking heads, they don't understand, follow or care about the gaming industry.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They are acting, they drive engagement by constantly stirring up drama

Becau8se they're pretending to be neutral. Furthermore, most o these astroturfers donm;t actually play games. Their Xbox profiles have a a thousand or 2 gamerscore. They barely turn their consoles one. One of them claimed to be a major Halo fan and shilled for the latest one, only to be discovered she doesn't actually play halo or pretty much anything. Her excuse was that "she watched her boyfriend play it".

These people are just PR talking heads, they don;t understand, follow or care about the gaming industry.
Exactly, these people are youtubers, not gamers. Their livelihood depends on the clicks, and the clicks only come when they're rocking the boat.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

Because they're pretending to be neutral. Furthermore, most o these astroturfers don't actually play games. Their Xbox profiles have a a thousand or 2 gamerscore. They barely turn their consoles on. One of them claimed to be a major Halo fan and shilled for the latest one, only to be discovered she doesn't actually play halo or pretty much anything. Her excuse was that "she watched her boyfriend play it".

These people are just PR talking heads, they don't understand, follow or care about the gaming industry.
Spot on, the guys Xbox gamer tag profile is public, he hasn’t even reached level 20 on Starfield, hasn’t beaten it, and he hasn’t touched it in WEEKS.

Why does he want a game that he gave up on to be nominated for GOTY? He’s just another Phil lover and PlayStation hater, not a real gamer

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023

Because they're pretending to be neutral. Furthermore, most o these astroturfers don't actually play games. Their Xbox profiles have a a thousand or 2 gamerscore. They barely turn their consoles on. One of them claimed to be a major Halo fan and shilled for the latest one, only to be discovered she doesn't actually play halo or pretty much anything. Her excuse was that "she watched her boyfriend play it".

I saw on twitter this guy has little hours in Starfield and 16 days of playtime in Roblox. Fucking Fraud. we got too many frauds in the gaming community. I guess this is the one community that is easy to infiltrate because of the sheep mentality of a certain fan base. I’m just glad that I don’t give a fuck about anybody opinion or seek validation in any of my gaming purchases. I know what I will like without someone telling me what I should enjoy.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Question what? People actually enjoyed that game and just because it wasnt your cup of tea, that dont mean there is a conspiracy.

If we look at the consensus of sites that chose Death Stranding as their game of the year.

Death Stranding - 118 GOTY awards
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 94 GOTY awards
Seikiro - 85 GOTY awards
Control - 36 GOTY awards
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - 22 GOTY awards

As you can see multiple outlets enjoyed the game and named it their game of the year. There is no questions needed because there's not conspiracies.

Your beloved Luigi's Mansion on got only 1 GOTY award that year so you bringing up it sold more than Death Stranding so it deserved it more dont hold any weight because the gaming outlet majority thought otherwise.

Source:
GOTY 2019
Yeap...

It was the GOTY choose by most outlets... and even receive a lot of user/fans GOTY awards.
I have no ideia why it is even put in question?

I mean is Starfield being choose by any outlet as GOTY? Except for XboxERA like I doubt it.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Yeap...

It was the GOTY choose by most outlets... and even receive a lot of user/fans GOTY awards.
I have no ideia why it is even put in question?

I mean is Starfield being choose by any outlet as GOTY? Except for XboxERA like I doubt it.
I wonder how the narrative will change if Starfield isn't the majority choice for all the outlets' overall Game of the Year. Does the media have a bias against Xbox? The media dont know what a good game is?

The numbers are available, but in general, consumers tend not to prefer Xbox products for gaming. The company's revenue does not come from engagements, so they have two options: either find growth in the ecosystem by releasing compelling products or go third party with all the companies they acquired and hope for the best.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Here's another reason why the gaming community dont take the Xbox fanbase seriously.

He proposed a solution to add more content creators who are biased towards Xbox games to the game awards panel. This is seen as a way to provide Xbox games with a fairer chance of winning awards. Also, he compared this solution to the "Oscar so white" complaints from a few years ago. Critics argue that the real issue may be the lack of quality and mainstream appeal of Xbox games, rather than a conspiracy against them. It is suggested that perhaps the gaming population simply does not find Xbox games attractive.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Here's another reason why the gaming community dont take the Xbox fanbase seriously.

He proposed a solution to add more content creators who are biased towards Xbox games to the game awards panel. This is seen as a way to provide Xbox games with a fairer chance of winning awards. Also, he compared this solution to the "Oscar so white" complaints from a few years ago. Critics argue that the real issue may be the lack of quality and mainstream appeal of Xbox games, rather than a conspiracy against them. It is suggested that perhaps the gaming population simply does not find Xbox games attractive.

I add led my opinion to it.

I mean the whole Xbox community supports these “quality” releases from MS.
There is nothing that can be done… MS will continue doing it.

And real gamers not buying it.

I just wonder if you are a Xbox one player you probably have no ideia what is high quality game is for years.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

Ah yes, let's add a gang of biased Xbox fanboys to the panel that will ensure that PlayStation won't get a fair shake and that everything will go to Xbox, lmao. Fanboy podcasts are one of the worst things social media has given us.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I add led my opinion to it.

I mean the whole Xbox community supports these “quality” releases from MS.
There is nothing that can be done… MS will continue doing it.

And real gamers not buying it.

I just wonder if you are a Xbox one player you probably have no ideia what is high quality game is for years.

If you feed someone shit for years they dont care to treat themselves nor have the taste for fine dining.