The Game Awards analysis and the “Xbox Tax”

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Ah yes, let's add a gang of biased Xbox fanboys to the panel that will ensure that PlayStation won't get a fair shake and that everything will go to Xbox, lmao. Fanboy podcasts are one of the worst things social media has given us.
I can think of worse situations than what we have today in the gaming community. Social media has given a platform to frauds who spread misinformation and tarnish any potential intelligent discussions. It has become difficult to have meaningful conversations because people blindly believe whatever their favorite influencer tells them. The amount of misinformation on social media is crazy and kills the enjoyment of having discussion about this hobby.

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
I think the main issue is here is that Microsoft's output is so far behind the two other console makers, that what the average Xbox fan describes as "the extra mile" is actually what happens everyday at Nintendo or Sony studios.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Why pander to creeps? Tell them to fuck off. If they push it to something more, get the cops involved, lock a few of them up and send a message to the rest of the morons.

• thisistheway
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

Dude has clearly gotten a lot of angry DMs, lmao.

Well we know Starfield wasn't #6 in the GOTY voting
Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

Reactions: Johnic

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Why pander to creeps? Tell them to fuck off. If they push it to something more, get the cops involved, lock a few of them up and send a message to the rest of the morons.
Because these creeps are backed by one of the biggest companies on the planet. He knows that if he speaks up, he loses his job and will be getting death threats for the rest of his life.

People talk about radicalisation of people that live in a perpetual state of war when the internet is full of potential little terrorists that have their feelings affected when their console maker doesn't make the headlines.

It's quite frankly impressive.

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
Question what? People actually enjoyed that game and just because it wasnt your cup of tea, that dont mean there is a conspiracy.

If we look at the consensus of sites that chose Death Stranding as their game of the year.

Death Stranding - 118 GOTY awards
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 94 GOTY awards
Seikiro - 85 GOTY awards
Control - 36 GOTY awards
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - 22 GOTY awards

As you can see multiple outlets enjoyed the game and named it their game of the year. There is no questions needed because there's not conspiracies.

Your beloved Luigi's Mansion on got only 1 GOTY award that year so you bringing up it sold more than Death Stranding so it deserved it more dont hold any weight because the gaming outlet majority thought otherwise.

Source:
GOTY 2019
118 goty awards when most of those websites were bloggers with low followers lol. It's kinda pointless at the end similar to youtube views for sales metric.

Sales numbers at a full price and metascore are the most important metric to determine the game quality instead of bloggers and fake gaming shill websites.

13 million units at full price > 5 million units at discounted price.

86 metascore > 82 metascore

Death Stranding
IMG-20231119-232457.jpg

LM3
IMG-20231119-232558.jpg

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I add led my opinion to it.

I mean the whole Xbox community supports these “quality” releases from MS.
There is nothing that can be done… MS will continue doing it.

And real gamers not buying it.

I just wonder if you are a Xbox one player you probably have no ideia what is high quality game is for years.

The mental gymnastics from some of these people in regards to believing that Starfield should have received a GOTY nomination is insane.

Even with all the fake positive media + paid for shilling, the fact remains, it simply was not good enough.

Why do these people defend mediocrity?

Make good games without a gazillion bugs and shitty npcs that get stuck all the time to name a few of the problems and get rewarded.

Simples

Happy Dance GIF by comparethemarket