The Game Awards analysis and the “Xbox Tax”

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
118 goty awards when most of those websites were bloggers with low followers lol. It's kinda pointless at the end similar to youtube views for sales metric.

Sales numbers at a full price and metascore are the most important metric to determine the game quality instead of bloggers and fake gaming shill websites.

13 million units at full price > 5 million units at discounted price.

86 metascore > 82 metascore

Death Stranding
IMG-20231119-232457.jpg

LM3
IMG-20231119-232558.jpg
It still don’t change the fact that the general gaming outlets chose Death Stranding as their game of the year. You trying to use sales as a metric of quality for the same fanbase that allowed Nintendo to sell you cardboard so I wouldn’t be so sure that fanbase purchase represents quality by default.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
118 goty awards when most of those websites were bloggers with low followers lol. It's kinda pointless at the end similar to youtube views for sales metric.

Sales numbers at a full price and metascore are the most important metric to determine the game quality instead of bloggers and fake gaming shill websites.

Death Stranding
IMG-20231119-232457.jpg

LM3
IMG-20231119-232558.jpg
No one cares. Go away.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
No one cares. Go away.
I got

Death Stranding
IMG-20231119-232457.jpg

LM3
IMG-20231119-232558.jpg
I got death stranding for free on Epic game store... Then I was blown away and would have given it goty in retrospect.

See this is what amazing does, I played it and it kept me happy for the time it lasted, I was amazed and pleased.

Reactions: Doncortez77

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The mental gymnastics from some of these people in regards to believing that Starfield should have received a GOTY nomination is insane.

Even with all the fake positive media + paid for shilling, the fact remains, it simply was not good enough.

Why do these people defend mediocrity?

Make good games without a gazillion bugs and shitty npcs that get stuck all the time to name a few of the problems and get rewarded.

Simples

Happy Dance GIF by comparethemarket
It's because these people by and large aren't gamers so they don't care about the quality of the games they aren't even playing. If they actually cared it would piss them off that MS is incapable of making anything decent except possibly Forza Horizon.

Reactions: Sircaw and JAHGamer

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The metrics tilted towards Nintendo are the only metrics that matter derpity herp. Deduct 10 metacritic points for the Nintendo subsidy, and divide sales by a factor of 3 because there's nothing else to play on their barren platforms and whoops looks like they're barely above Xbox 😞