The GoWR, TLOU2, and GoT, megathread! The soup of PS 1st Party goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.

azertydu91

4 Jul 2022
Thats good.

I would hate for there to be one clear GOTY winner release within the first two months of the year. Bring on the battle of the titans

giphy.gif
You just reminded me that I need to buy the 4K bluray of Pacific Rim, I haven't tried 4k bluray since I changed TV.I think that movie would be perfect for it(I love visuals from del Toro).
The GOW reboot was the first game I triedand it looked awesome, I have no doubt that the next one will pop too.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Now as we prepare for GoW:R, also prepare for the sudden increase of articles about Elden Ring being the game of 2022. I'm sure some are legitimate and that's fair but there will be some of the Colts of the World on 11/11/22 pushing articles about Elden Ring or the new season of Halo as Game of the Year.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm not so sure about that theory since in the last trailer we can see Fenrir which I believe is the son of loki.
What I believe would fit the thematics of breaking the curse of sons killing their fathers would be that Kratos at one point dies (as seen in jotunheim) an older version of Loki gets sent in the past and fights his dad to avoid him coming in asgard ( I think we'd play Loki desperately fighting his dad to avoid him being killed)...But the snake miraculously appearing doesn't really fit that theory though....So who knows.
I could see something like this, even Loki kicking Kratos to the next pantheon, Egypt

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022
Now as we prepare for GoW:R, also prepare for the sudden increase of articles about Elden Ring being the game of 2022. I'm sure some are legitimate and that's fair but there will be some of the Colts of the World on 11/11/22 pushing articles about Elden Ring or the new season of Halo as Game of the Year.
I can't remember but isn't November too late to qualify for the Game Awards?

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I think people are in for a reality check on this game. I have no doubt it's going to be incredible, with an amazing story, gameplay, graphics, etc.

But it will be compared to Elden Ring, and it will be downscored because there's an agenda to make Elden Ring the game of the year. I would highly doubt this game scores above GOW, even if it improves on every single thing. I can bet some reviewers will call it a glorified DLC as well.

D

Deleted member 13

I think people are in for a reality check on this game. I have no doubt it's going to be incredible, with an amazing story, gameplay, graphics, etc.

But it will be compared to Elden Ring, and it will be downscored because there's an agenda to make Elden Ring the game of the year. I would highly doubt this game scores above GOW, even if it improves on every single thing. I can bet some reviewers will call it a glorified DLC as well.
Yea, ER is definitely going to get GOTY. But that's OK. It doesn't make GoWR any less of a good game.

D

Deleted member 13

At least half of those that will vote for ER over GoWR will not have played either!
Well, FromSoft games are a major part of the game world now. There are just more fans since the word is out - and - admittedly the game is of much larger scope.

• angry

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
WARNING, unmasked spoilers for the first game!!!

I'm not so sure about that theory since in the last trailer we can see Fenrir which I believe is the son of loki.
What I believe would fit the thematics of breaking the curse of sons killing their fathers would be that Kratos at one point dies (as seen in jotunheim) an older version of Loki gets sent in the past and fights his dad to avoid him coming in asgard ( I think we'd play Loki desperately fighting his dad to avoid him being killed)...But the snake miraculously appearing doesn't really fit that theory though....So who knows.
Well the travel in the time is not a theory but a game Ragnarok’s prophecy… the serpent you see come from the future.

The theory is more about how they will fit Norse and GoW story in the future games.

BTW we need to know about Fenrir first to understand the differences.

D

Deleted member 13

Well the travel in the time is not a theory but a Ragnarok’s prophecy… the serpent you see come from the future.

The theory is more about how they will fit Norse and GoW story in the future games.

I know a lot about the Norse myths having read a lot of Thor comics back in the day. I'd love for them to have some of the cool characters like the Warriors 3 and Baldur the Brave. That would be cool!

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I know a lot about the Norse myths having read a lot of Thor comics back in the day. I'd love for them to have some of the cool characters like the Warriors 3 and Baldur the Brave. That would be cool!
100%

BTW I think you meant Balder the Brave… Baldur is already in the game even with a different personality than found in Norse but that is a GoW thing... they picture the God as bad and so different from how the mortals see them via myths... like Bladur from the mortals myths are a honest and very centered guy but in the GoW reality it is an insane dude... the Thor's sons are in GoW reality not the strongest or the brave.

It is how GoW says the stories of the mythology are well over fantasized by the mortals that told them.
I like that ideia... they still follow the mythology but can have it own take and still maintain the real mythology as a myth told by mortals.

azertydu91

4 Jul 2022
I could see something like this, even Loki kicking Kratos to the next pantheon, Egypt
Yep that would've been my guess too
Well the travel in the time is not a theory but a game Ragnarok’s prophecy… the serpent you see come from the future.

I think that maybe Kratos dying and Loki having spent a few years/decades alone giving him enough time to birth fenrir and the snake would work with the prophecy...Because Fenrir is supposed to be Loki's son, so maybe a curse/spell sent them to the past.

• thinking_hard

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022

If the game actually does end up feeling like a part 2 and 3 together like what was said a while back I don't think they can call it glorified DLC. I mean they could try to but it will probably be the gaming journo meme of the month if that happens. I also don't get the Elden Ring worship,game is good but I do not see it as a game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.