The GoWR, TLOU2, and GoT, megathread! The soup of PS 1st Party goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022
As long as the 30fps at 4k native is smooth like Horizon Zero Dawn (obviously after tweaking settings) I'll stick with the fidelity goodness.

7b7wsAa.gif
Season 9 Ok GIF by The Office

• haha
Reactions: Putonahappyface

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
As long as the 30fps at 4k native is smooth like Horizon Zero Dawn (obviously after tweaking settings) I'll stick with the fidelity goodness.

7b7wsAa.gif
If it were Insomniac I'd have literally no issues sticking with Fidelity Mode. I have no idea how they get 30 to look as smooth as it does. But honestly, even their performance modes look pretty gorgeous.

The talent they have there is so underrated.

For Ragnarok, I'm in "Wait and See" mode.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
It would've been so funny but the way they've done is even more humiliating for MS I think. It's like they are letting MS know that they could've done it but chose to show some mercy, MS never lets an opportunity to take a dig at Sony pass them by yet Sony chose the high road.
Sony doesn't need to beat a dead horse and that would be a bad look. It's better this way.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
It would've been so funny but the way they've done is even more humiliating for MS I think. It's like they are letting MS know that they could've done it but chose to show some mercy, MS never lets an opportunity to take a dig at Sony pass them by yet Sony chose the high road.
I think it's more they just don't want the drama and the negative press spin to overshadow their pre-order launch or the game itself in the name of a cheap jab.

Plus the whole Wednesday being Odin's Day thing allows them to do a themed launch anyways.

D

Deleted member 13

Going from 60fps to 30fps will massively lower temporal resolution and result in loss of details as well.
I'm not talking about temporal resolution though. I'm talking about what makes a more significant impact on visuals from textures all the way to the post-process FX operations.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
10 million copies in 2 years, great news! Big props, well deserved! SIE is on fire! New PS+ recently released and getting its first monthly update with Stray, GoWR release date announced and -obviously- it's 2022, Bungie and Haven acquisitions closed, now GoT announces 10M copies sold... oh yeah!

fuertes.gif

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
My maths was on spot.
I said in the discord that GoT probably didn't crossed 10 million like TLOU2 did in early this year.

Now it will end the narrative that GoT was selling more than TLOU2.

• Informative
Reactions: mansoor1980

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
My maths was on spot.
I said in the discord that GoT probably didn't crossed 10 million like TLOU2 did in early this year.

Now it will end the narrative that GoT was selling more than TLOU2.

Yeah, we all should have known since NPD for 2020 had TLOU2 tracking ahead of it. TLOU2 will most likely finish at around 20m when the tv show, pc version, and remaster come out.

Ghost of Tsushima is currently on PS Extra so i assume it will get a smaller boost with the movie and pc release to hit around 15m

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This is actually super impressive. Both this and Sekiro doing big numbers is.

Comparatively what did FF7r do? 5 million something? I mean … there it is.

Speaks to consumer confidence in pedigree of some pubs and devs.

Status
Not open for further replies.