The GoWR, TLOU2, and GoT, megathread! The soup of PS 1st Party goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
You expected a new IP to be in the same sales club as GoW a 20 year old IP and Spider-Man a multi-billion dollar movie and comic franchise? Not even Uncharted and TLOU are in that club

This is why yall shouldn’t fight back so hard against Sonys PC push because Ghost most def can reach 15M with a PC release

Ghost is doing as well as Horizon which was a major sales milestone for a new IP, and with less discounts and bundles.
Spider-Man and GOW was exaggerated but less than 10 millions still feels low somehow? I was sure it was above that.

I was not impressed by the sales on PC so far so they are kinda irrelevant. I'm expecting the port to do like 2 millions tops.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Spider-Man and GOW was exaggerated but less than 10 millions still feels low somehow? I was sure it was above that.

I was not impressed by the sales on PC so far so they are kinda irrelevant. I'm expecting the port to do like 2 millions tops.

I can’t think of a lot of single player franchises that do 10M + in two years, much less new IP. Big beloved japanese franchises are bragging about doing these numbers over a much longer period, for example Resident Evil 2 remake just crossed it after 3 years.

P

peter42O

Loved Tsushima. My 2020 game of the year. Would love to play Iki Island (which I own) but didn't keep my PS4 or save file. Wish you could just start the expansion without having to complete the first region. Don't know why developers don't just let you start the DLC/expansion. SMH.

Oh well. Looking forward to Tsushima 2!!! My most anticipated sequel since Days Gone is basically dead. :(

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Loved Tsushima. My 2020 game of the year. Would love to play Iki Island (which I own) but didn't keep my PS4 or save file. Wish you could just start the expansion without having to complete the first region. Don't know why developers don't just let you start the DLC/expansion. SMH.

Oh well. Looking forward to Tsushima 2!!! My most anticipated sequel since Days Gone is basically dead. :(

Same thing happened to me. I just put it on easy mode and zoomed through the first island, sitll took a while though. I’m glad i played it again though it reminded me how fun it is

P

peter42O

Same thing happened to me. I just put it on easy mode and zoomed through the first island, sitll took a while though. I’m glad i played it again though it reminded me how fun it is
Yeah, I guess I could do the same.

Question though - what abilities and skills carry over to Iki Island or is it completely separate from the base game? Thanks.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Yeah, I guess I could do the same.

Question though - what abilities and skills carry over to Iki Island or is it completely separate from the base game? Thanks.

Everything, its all tied together. The best part is you get to bring all the new iki stuff back also

Reactions: peter42O

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Very impressive and well deserved. Ghost of Tsushima was my personal GOTY for 2020. Such an amazing game.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
It would've been so funny but the way they've done is even more humiliating for MS I think. It's like they are letting MS know that they could've done it but chose to show some mercy, MS never lets an opportunity to take a dig at Sony pass them by yet Sony chose the high road.
I wished they did it not to make fun of Microsoft but because 11-11-22 is a cool date to be honest and is the 11 year anniversary of Skyrim. If they never gave Starfield that date way before hand none of this console war nonsense over that date would be a thing!

Last edited:
  • thisistheway
Reactions: nominedomine

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Excellent performance by a new IP, and not to mention the game is available on PS+.

After the movie and PC port and the sequel announcement, it will comfortably cross 15 million copies lifetime, which would be fantastic.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
People really bought Ghost of Midshima 😹 I am actually surprised 😮 I couldn't get past the first chapter.
I wish I were you.
I could play this game fresh again. Enjoy the scenery. Beatiful stuff.
There is a duel as soon as you get to the second area, my god. My jaw was on the floor. The low fog the katanas around the stage. Some epic stuff.
If I were you I would play on lethal. Probably the best higher difficulty in any game ever.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Are we sure it's not you bog standard open world game?
I am yet to play it... I had similar feelings about Days Gone but bought into the hype and that game was terrible :p

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
I wish I were you.
I could play this game fresh again. Enjoy the scenery. Beatiful stuff.
There is a duel as soon as you get to the second area, my god. My jaw was on the floor. The low fog the katanas around the stage. Some epic stuff.
If I were you I would play on lethal. Probably the best higher difficulty in any game ever.
Camera movement sucks, couldn't see shit half the time. mediocre combat, boring characters, boring story telling. 😴 how this is rated as good and sometimes better as RD2 or LAST2 is beyond me.

Last edited:

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
I think them doing a mid-week launch is way more bad ass than taking starfields launch date even though they very well could have.

Its the equivilent to zelda using gold cartridges.
I think its cause Wednesday is Odin's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.