The GoWR, TLOU2, and GoT, megathread! The soup of PS 1st Party goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.

mansoor1980

4 Jul 2022
camera is also a problem in ER , in fact the combat in ER is more enjoyable when you fight humanoid enemies in limegrave
against giant/fast creatures it is frustrating

Last edited:

EbonyRainbow

They / Them
24 Jun 2022
camera is also a problem in ER , in fact the combat in ER is more enjoyable when you fight humanoid enemies in limegrave especially
against giant/fast creatures it is frustrating
Elden Ring is a nice game and all but come on you cannot compare that to Daddy Kratos in God of War. Elden Ring seems like the best game ever for sweaties, but for everyone else, God of War is the superior title.

Reactions: mansoor1980

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
You guys are on crack

GoW legit sucked imo, I haven't played it since release but that game turned me off of the franchise in a big way and I'm not getting the sequel. I love heavy action games but that game felt so slow, so heavy, so corridor-y, world was boring to me, story felt over serious and woke in ways compared to the more metal stuff from the originals.

I found it very slow and cumbersome, so strange hearing people call Elden Ring jank. Tons of great combat options and it felt like an evolution of what came before.

EbonyRainbow

They / Them
24 Jun 2022
You guys are on crack

GoW legit sucked imo, I haven't played it since release but that game turned me off of the franchise in a big way and I'm not getting the sequel. I love heavy action games but that game felt so slow, so heavy, so corridor-y, world was boring to me, story felt over serious and woke in ways compared to the more metal stuff from the originals.

I found it very slow and cumbersome, so strange hearing people call Elden Ring jank. Tons of great combat options and it felt like an evolution of what came before.
I'm beginning to seriously think you're just a troll account. I will admit though you make me laugh!

EbonyRainbow

They / Them
24 Jun 2022
Same to you dude lol
my-little-pony-eye-roll.gif

• haha
Reactions: Umar

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You guys are on crack

I was surprised to play it few weeks ago and find out one of the best games gameplay and story wise ever created by Sony.

While I did loved the previous games they always lacked something that GoW delivered in perfection.

Of course there are issues like the lack of big bosses, lack of weapons (or everybody knows Blades of Chaos are the best gameplay) or even the story ends abruptly to continue in second game but it is the best GoW form ever.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: EbonyRainbow

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
"Woke", you say?

Do please elaborate.
Willy Wonka Smile GIF

Haven't played it since launch so I don't remember a ton of specifics. The tone of the game went from metal murderer to ponderous dad. No more titties. Condescending comments from the gaming literati about why GoW needed to change, lots of talk about how GoW was a promoter of toxic masculinity, etc. The feeling was "we are embarrassed by what this franchise used to be and want to make it more mature", rather than lean into it and give us a balls to the wall GoW. 3 is a much more fun game to me.

Of course there are issues like the lack of big bosses, lack of weapons (or everybody knows Blades of Chaos are the best gameplay) or even the story ends abruptly to continue in second game but it is the best GoW form ever.

Yeah those were big issues for me, I hate the feeling of the combat and movement, and a franchise known for it's bosses all of a sudden had very few not all that interesting boss fights, and one weapon for the majority of the game.

Being series From software hitbox are terrible and indefensible but you will still find people that try to make it good lol

Give me specific examples, I've not heard of people complaining about hitboxes in ER. I find the combat fast and furious, tons of options, and with a decent skill ceiling.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
You guys are on crack

Souls fan saying GoW is slow and heavy? What is this? The upside down?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Haven't played it since launch so I don't remember a ton of specifics. The tone of the game went from metal murderer to ponderous dad. No more titties. Condescending comments from the gaming literati about why GoW needed to change, lots of talk about how GoW was a promoter of toxic masculinity, etc. The feeling was "we are embarrassed by what this franchise used to be and want to make it more mature", rather than lean into it and give us a balls to the wall GoW. 3 is a much more fun game to me.
You really need to touch grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.