The Last of Us 2 Review Thread & |OT| We Could Have Killed You" – "Maybe You Should Have" |UP| New patch out. .

What do you think TLOU2 Remaster will score?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Ok thanks, I see.
Yeah. In a way it's gd so ppl can try diff characters but in a way thts restrictive. Hey I'm going to put many hours intl this. Smh it gave me tht Factions 2 feeling or what should have been on a smaller scale.

ElCapitano

11 Mar 2023
Completed first full run in No Return. Levs explosive arrows came in clutch.

It's actually hard as fuck on Grounded.

Probably gonna take a long time to get that Grounded Daily Run trophy.

Proper game mode though. Fantastic addition

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Completed first full run in No Return. Levs explosive arrows came in clutch.

It's actually hard as fuck on Grounded.

Probably gonna take a long time to get that Grounded Daily Run trophy.

Proper game mode though. Fantastic addition
Just played all morning. Great and does get harder as the Gane goes on.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
No Return on Grounded mode is IT. Got my ass kicked a few times but the challenge it offers is amazing. Just makes me want Factions even more because the gameplay mechanics in a PvP environment would be amazing.

There's glimmers of what could have been plus the potential co-op would have offered.

Anyways great mode. I do wish the wave / rounds lasted a bit longer especially the ones with just humans.

Just first Impressions.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
No Return on Grounded mode is IT. Got my ass kicked a few times but the challenge it offers is amazing. Just makes me want Factions even more because the gameplay mechanics in a PvP environment would be amazing.

There's glimmers of what could have been plus the potential co-op would have offered.

Anyways great mode. I do wish the wave / rounds lasted a bit longer especially the ones with just humans.

Just first Impressions.
Hell yeah reminded me of Factions so much or what it could have been on PS5, a shame.

Reactions: Danja1187

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Been playing two days straight specifically the "no return" mode. This game is just still light years ahead of others in many respects...

Damn I still haven't played it ! I've been hooked on Jedi Survivor, I wanna beat this game first before starting anything else.

ElCapitano

11 Mar 2023
As expected review bombed again by "Users".

It's funny because if you look at stores who sell the game and allow reviews like Amazon and other storefronts then the Part 2 has amazing reviews.

And that's because the review bombers who don't even play the games they bomb aren't able to bomb every site

So it's time to either remove user score entirely or tie it to PSN and Xbox accounts so you have to own a game to review it.

At Least that way if people are so sad that they want to review bomb a game then they have to purchase it to do so.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
As expected review bombed again by "Users".

It's funny because if you look at stores who sell the game and allow reviews like Amazon and other storefronts then the Part 2 has amazing reviews.

And that's because the review bombers who don't even play the games they bomb aren't able to bomb every site

So it's time to either remove user score entirely or tie it to PSN and Xbox accounts so you have to own a game to review it.

At Least that way if people are so sad that they want to review bomb a game then they have to purchase it to do so.
Yeah this usbt surprising news anymore, system wars and all that or ppl with agendas due to idealogies. Two days I've been enjoying the game nonstop.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I didn't play TLOU2 since it was released in PS4. Got this remaster, played it for a couple hours the main story and looks the same but at 60fps.

Adding a mode with removed unfinished levels with commentaries is a very interesting idea, it was great to see them but they are only 3 very short levels. I thought they were going to add at least half a dozen of them. And well, they are "unfinished" for a Naughty Dog quality bar, for most other studios these are in final release quality.

I was looking forward to see the Grounded II making of documentary, but there's only the trailer and they'll add the documentary some day in the future (TBA) as an update.

I think the main addition is the "roguelike" No Return mode, which is worth the 10 bucks of the update. I think it's a fun way to replay the game, playing only combat areas of the game with other characters unlocking characters, skins, weapons, bosses, challenges, sidekick characters or skills and more, with random special combat conditions and sometimes with special contitions like focusing instead of in killing everyone, to get the look from a safe box.

Yesterday I played it until I unlocked Joel and completed it with him. I think the mode is a good addition and that may have gotten several things from the canned Factions 2 / TLOU Online like these unlockable skills, challenges or encounter types.

I like it, but instead of "Remaster" I'd have called it "director's cut".

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I didn't play TLOU2 since it was released in PS4. Got this remaster, played it for a couple hours the main story and looks the same but at 60fps.

Adding a mode with removed unfinished levels with commentaries is a very interesting idea, it was great to see them but they are only 3 very short levels. I thought they were going to add at least half a dozen of them. And well, they are "unfinished" for a Naughty Dog quality bar, for most other studios these are in final release quality.

I was looking forward to see the Grounded II making of documentary, but there's only the trailer and they'll add the documentary some day in the future (TBA) as an update.

I think the main addition is the "roguelike" No Return mode, which is worth the 10 bucks of the update. I think it's a fun way to replay the game, playing only combat areas of the game with other characters unlocking characters, skins, weapons, bosses, challenges, sidekick characters or skills and more, with random special combat conditions and sometimes with special contitions like focusing instead of in killing everyone, to get the look from a safe box.

Yesterday I played it until I unlocked Joel and completed it with him. I think the mode is a good addition and that may have gotten several things from the canned Factions 2 / TLOU Online like these unlockable skills, challenges or encounter types.
It's definitely Factions 1.2 just not with ppl online. They could easily convert this into a co-op game PvE or a more robust PvP using assets from these same maps and the maps themselves although they need to broaden them and make them larger.

Reactions: BroodCorp

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It's definitely Factions 1.2 just not with ppl online. They could easily convert this into a co-op game PvE or a more robust PvP using assets from these same maps and the maps themselves although they need to broaden them and make them larger.
Well, these maps (I may be wrong but I'd say are the same than than the ones from the story mode) already have a multiplayer like level design: notice there's always minimum 2-3 places where the enemy can come from and often there are at least two heights to shoot from, to make it feel less like a corridor, allow surprise elements and different gameplay appoaches plus verticality for stuff like sniping.

I assume they were made thinking in the original Factions 2, as a MP game mode for TLOU2 reusing TLOU2 story mode combat environments. And then once Factions 2 was canned they tried to refurbish some ideas for this remaster, that maybe they also planned to include it / had them implemented for the TLOU Online game.

I also assume that many environments and characters they did for TLOU Online will be reused in TLOU3.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Well, these maps (I may be wrong but I'd say are the same than than the ones from the story mode) already have a multiplayer like level design: notice there's always minimum 2-3 places where the enemy can come from and often there are at least two heights to shoot from, to make it feel less like a corridor, allow surprise elements and different gameplay appoaches plus verticality for stuff like sniping.

I assume they were made thinking in the original Factions 2, as a MP game mode for TLOU2 reusing TLOU2 story mode combat environments. And then once Factions 2 was canned they tried to refurbish some ideas for this remaster, that maybe they also planned to include it / had them implemented for the TLOU Online game.

I also assume that many environments and characters they did for TLOU Online will be reused in TLOU3.
Yeah of course. Most sequels have reused assets if not they'd take longer to develop.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
I just got to Seattle. Loading is indeed nice. I just love the little touches in this game like remembering snow tracks even as a long time has gone by. A lot of fun accessibility tweaks that are actually a quality of life improvement. Having finished The Last of Us Part 1 Remake last year, it’s still all fresh in my head.