The Last of Us Part I Rebuilt for PS5 - Features and Gameplay Trailer | PS5 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Are you sure about that? Because they confirmed a lot of PS5 features.
That how they do... they first update the Engine for the new generation and so after they keep updating it adding more features and making it better the whole generation.

That is why even being the same major version of the engine TLOUR and TLOU2 have different graphics... one is at the start of PS4 and the other at the end of PS4... same will happen with NDE updated to PS5.

It is the ICETeam if I'm not wrong that works on NDE.

Did they make TLOU1 Factions? I heard originally that the MP was a different team/an afterthought. But then again, later at least, Quinten Cobb was a MP focused ND dev (responsible for the Tactical Shotgun in MP if I recall correctly), and I believe he worked for ND-proper. So I'm unsure whom the OG Factions team were, or if they're responsible for the upcoming Tlou Factions/Online?

D

Deleted member 13

They've done nothing of the sorts for PS5. The game looks exactly like The Last of Us Part 2 with no upgrades from the game. This could run on PS4 no problem
This is incorrect. @ethomaz is correct that they upgraded the graphics engine with new features. While TLOU 2 was a new incarnation of that graphics engine, there are things that have been added that won't run (at a decent clip) on a PS4 - i.e. larger texture sizes for example or more light samples.

It may run on a PS4, but it won't run at the same fidelity/assets as the PS5/PC.

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
His source

dave chappelle crying GIF

D

Deleted member 13

Go look at the footage yourself. Show me one screenshot or part of anything animation they showed that exceeds tlou2, please
Unfortunately, you can't go by screenshots or vids to show a game's enhancements. You'll have to play them to see the differences. Playing the game allows me to be able to run up to walls, pan the camera around to see the textures, see how the anisotropic filtering is working, check out the shadow map resolution, etc..

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Looks great. It's a welcome thing. Just not for 70 maybe.
Surely it can't be worse than Gears of War ultimate which ultimately failed to capture the original feel

Reactions: Deleted member 13

RickyBooby87

8 Jul 2022
Compared to the original and remaster, it's a pretty large improvement. Will I pick it up for $70? Not too sure on that. May wait for it to drop to the $50-$60 price range before I buy.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Looks great. It's a welcome thing. Just not for 70 maybe.
Surely it can't be worse than Gears of War ultimate which ultimately failed to capture the original feel
Only die hard fans and newcomers will pay 70. The rest of us will get it on a sale or on ps+.
I myself will get it whenever they release the inevitable ps5 version of TLOU2 so I can play both games back to back at their best with 3D audio and the amazing Dualsense support.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Only die hard fans and newcomers will pay 70. The rest of us will get it on a sale or on ps+.
I myself will get it whenever they release the inevitable ps5 version of TLOU2 so I can play both games back to back at their best with 3D audio and the amazing Dualsense support.
+1 for the TLOU2 PS5.
TLOU is just too old and I already played several times.

Plus the big mistake ND did was not fixed yet even after over 2 years… where is my MP that should have shipped in 2020 together with the game?

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
This is incorrect. @ethomaz is correct that they upgraded the graphics engine with new features. While TLOU 2 was a new incarnation of that graphics engine, there are things that have been added that won't run (at a decent clip) on a PS4 - i.e. larger texture sizes for example or more light samples.

It may run on a PS4, but it won't run at the same fidelity/assets as the PS5/PC.
They could do something like other games and offer a build with slightly lesser textures, a 30fps cap, and tweaks to make it work on the PS4.

It's not like the game had giant worlds to display, at its core it was build around the PS3's 512MB (256+256) RAM setup.... We have seen what the engine can do on PS4 can do in TLoU2.

Reactions: Deleted member 13

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
They could do something like other games and offer a build with slightly lesser textures, a 30fps cap, and tweaks to make it work on the PS4.

It's not like the game had giant worlds to display, at its core it was build around the PS3's 512MB (256+256) RAM setup.... We have seen what the engine can do on PS4 can do in TLoU2.
By that logic… any game can run in a ps2 if you offer a build that fits that hardware. But that misses the point.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
By that logic… any game can run in a ps2 if you offer a build that fits that hardware. But that misses the point.
Yes and no, a lot of games can be scaled down, especially when there is a PC version, chances are that the same configuration file exists in all versions and that things like the frame rate cap, texture quality, aa,af, shadow quality, particle density, etc. Can be tweaked to a level that would deliver a game that looks about as good as tlou2 on ps4 (which is a good upgrade over tlou1 "remaster" as it is on ps4.

This is not rocket surgery, and I'm curious to see people play this game on near ps4 level PCs.

24 Jun 2022

Or with the amount of physics simulation in environmental damage the remake seems to have, either. Something'd have to get heavily downgraded on PS4 for this to run up there.

In fact out of everything they've shown in the trailer, it's the physics & AI improvements most interesting to me. Mark Cerny talked a long time back about RT being useful for things outside of just light & shadow reflections. For example, with AI models and making AI more sophisticated and aware of things in the environment as well as the player's actions.

There's a lot of potential for the remake to make some big strides there and offer some really involved gunplay, even if it won't have features like proning. It'd be very cool if an enemy could figure out what type of rounds the player's firing just by observing bullet impacts in surrounding environment during a firefight, and adapt tactics accordingly. Or, if they can try using the player's gunfire sound to mask them running towards the player across a noisy surface in hopes to catch them off-guard.

They could but at some point these companies really need to leave 2013 hardware behind. It'll eventually impact game design for the worst, for the ambitious AAA games.

By that measure, I doubt there will be a minimum PC spec for this game equivalent to base PS4 hardware, otherwise I think they'd actually just be releasing a version of the game for PS4 as well. It'd of been extra money from even more sales (tho TBF, the fact the remaster already exists on PS4 is probably another, maybe even bigger, reason).

Reactions: Darth Vader

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
By that measure, I doubt there will be a minimum PC spec for this game equivalent to base PS4 hardware, otherwise I think they'd actually just be releasing a version of the game for PS4 as well. It'd of been extra money from even more sales (tho TBF, the fact the remaster already exists on PS4 is probably another, maybe even bigger, reason).
We'll see, I have a non gaming amd r5 4600u (or something like that) laptop 😛.

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022
The ones who are saying this remake looks better than TLOU 2 or that it boasts tech that doesn’t run on PS4 are lying to themselves.

It literally looks worse than TLOU 2 I would say, they may have increased shadow draw distances, sharper shadows, a bit better textures filtering, but that’s it, I’d argue it looks worse in terms overall scene geometry & worse vegetation in many scenes.

Not one scene they’ve shown looks as good as TLOU 2 in general, not one! @Theap99 is right.

Examples:

QjmjFYT.jpg

0tlvRcG.jpg

CrVMgVQ.jpg

***LOGS OFF ICON ERA*** 🤣🤣

Reactions: Theap99

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Factions is gonna come out at full retail price and everyone is gonna be like “burr they’re reusing the same engine and assets as tlou2 and making me pay for something that was part of tlou1, blah, blah literally shit coming out of mouth”

No one cares if ya don’t buy it ya know. I won’t… because I don’t like ND’s games but I see no reason to knock the price. I’m sure it’s a pretty huge project regardless.

Price can’t even guarantee if a game is good let alone original.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: LED

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022
Factions is gonna come out at full retail price and everyone is gonna be like “burr they’re reusing the same engine and assets as tlou2 and making me pay for something that was part of tlou1, blah, blah literally shit coming out of mouth”

No one cares if ya don’t buy it ya know. I won’t… because I don’t like ND’s games but I see no reason to knock the price. I’m sure it’s a pretty huge project regardless.

Price can’t even guarantee if a game is good let alone original.
I don’t think enough people will voice their disappointment if that happened as Factions 2 will be a new game, not like TLOU Remake which doesn’t even have the gameplay of TLOU 2 that was executed on a last-gen hardware PS4.

I’m one of the biggest TLOU fans you’ll find and I’m here voicing my disappointment towards this remake, especially at $70, if it was at $50 also with a discount offer for those who own TLOU Remastered and/or TLOU 2, I wouldn’t have as much problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.