The Last of Us: Part II Remaster likely in Development based on ND Lead Outsourced Artist LinkedIn Profile

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Ironic, you have a spider-man avatar and they remastered spider-man 2018 in 2020
Youre missing the part where insomniac about to releases 3 games this year ( 4 in consecutive if wolverine comes next year) since then they re doing way better job than naughty dog so far. All naughty dog does on ps5 gen so far is just ps4 ports and remaster

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Youre missing the part where insomniac about to releases 3 games this year ( 4 in consecutive if wolverine comes next year) since then they re doing way better job than naughty dog so far. All naughty dog does on ps5 gen so far is just ps4 ports and remaster

We’re also missing the part where miles morales and ratchet are much smaller games without high expectations attached to them

And again, not every studio is insomniac, no other playstation studio is putting out 2 smaller game inbetween their big games aside from maybe naughty dog. Why are you mad about naughty dog and not the other studios?

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
We’re also missing the part where miles morales and ratchet are much smaller games without high expectations attached to them

And again, not every studio is insomniac, no other playstation studio is putting out 2 smaller game inbetween their big games aside from maybe naughty dog. Why are you mad about naughty dog and not the other studios?
Thats just your excuses to diminish insomniac acomplishment

Smaller by what standard, map size, run times

Plenty games are shorter or has smaller maps

By that logic demon souls, sekiro, uncharted, resident evil or any recent call of duty games are smaller game than spiderman/ rachet cos u can finish it faster/have smaller maps

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Thats just your excuses to diminish insomniac acomplishment

Smaller by what standard, map size, run times

Plenty games are shorter or has smaller maps

By that logic demon souls, sekiro, uncharted, resident evil or any recent call of duty games are smaller game than spiderman/ rachet cos u can finish it faster/have smaller maps

Rift Apart is iterative of R&C Remake and Miles is from Spider-Man and they are both like 8-12 hour games.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Rift Apart is iterative of R&C Remake and Miles is from Spider-Man and they are both like 8-12 hour games.
Newsflash almost every game franchise except final fantasy does

Can finish demon souls, sekiro, ni oh, nier in 6-7 hours

Resident Evil 7,8 ,2, 3, 4 remake in 6 -7 hour or prob less

Any recent cod game can be finished in prob 4-5 hours

For 8 -12 hours plenty other game can be finished shorter than that too like mafia, evil within, uncharted, gears of wars, god of war, ace combat, hellblade, dmc etc

So they must be smaller game compared to insomniacs

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Newsflash almost every game franchise except final fantasy does

Can finish demon souls, sekiro, ni oh, nier in 6-7 hours

Resident Evil 7,8 ,2, 3, 4 remake in 6 -7 hour or prob less

Any recent cod game can be finished in prob 4-5 hours

For 8 -12 hours plenty other game can be finished shorter than that too like mafia, evil within, uncharted, gears of wars, god of war, ace combat, hellblade, dmc etc

So they must be smaller game compared to insomniacs

Lets not pretend naughty put out 3 full sized games though. Its not even a knock against them but trying o use them specifically against naughty dog is dumb.

No other sie studio has released a new game in under 3 years

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Lets not pretend naughty put out 3 full sized games though. Its not even a knock against them but trying o use them specifically against naughty dog is dumb.

No other sie studio has released a new game in under 3 years
Insomniac does

Someone made a thread

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They haven’t announced that anything is cancelled and they specifically said they have multiple games in development

Ironic, you have a spider-man avatar and they remastered spider-man 2018 in 2020

All the popular ps4 games are getting remasters, has nothing to do with mismanagement. The Last of Us got a remaster a year after the original released also.

The fact is some of you have weird anxiety when it comes to Naughty Dog, whether your issue is with the games, or Druckmann, but its a you issue at the end of the day.

A studio not having a new game out within 3 years of putting out what is considered one of the best and most awarded games of the generation out is not weird. If ND is mismanaged so are the rest of SIE’s studios because none of them aside from Insomniac are putting out new games within 3 years
I agree with the constant fear mongering and worry wgen Sony rarely let's us down, however I do understand the concern anytime new management or execs change and want to incorporate their vision. They do have an affect on the devs and ganes that come out. I'm on a wait and see approach, it'll be funny if ND two months from now cones out with an all out Factions update!

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Okay I know people aren’t going to like what im Going to say but there’s like five games ive seen overall that Sonys made for the ps5 that’s been interesting. It’s stupid they’re remastering these games but I think the larger picture is that it’s possible sony just doesn’t have any real ideas.

Think back to previous systems where they payed devs to keep guaranteed hits exclusive to their platform. They did that since day one. Once Sony starts trying to make games themselves sony just doesn’t seem to know what to do. I think that’s what the issue is with these constant remasters. They’re just out of ideas.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: toadsage44

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
Nintendo announced an Remaster :love:
Sony announced an remaster/Remake :cautious:

Why is Nintendo immune from this criticism?
Nintendo's remastering/remaking decades-old games that are actually inaccessible to most people these days. Have you seen the prices for original copies of Mario RPG and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door? You're going to pay well over $100 for a copy of each. A used PS4 copy of The Last of Us 2 can be bought for around $25 on eBay right now. Tell me which is more deserving of a remaster.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Okay I know people aren’t going to like what im Going to say but there’s like five games ive seen overall that Sonys made for the ps5 that’s been interesting. It’s stupid they’re remastering these games but I think the larger picture is that it’s possible sony just doesn’t have any real ideas.

Think back to previous systems where they payed devs to keep guaranteed hits exclusive to their platform. They did that since day one. Once Sony starts trying to make games themselves sony just doesn’t seem to know what to do. I think that’s what the issue is with these constant remasters. They’re just out of ideas.

Or games take time to make, even sequels

You think all their studios are sitting around chewing on the ends of their pencils, completely stumped, shooting crumpled ideas into waste bins?

Or do you think most of them are currently mid development on new projects and just havent announced them yet? It took nintendo 6 years to make make ToTK, something highly iterative of the last game, we never got another 3d mario game, smash bros, or mario kart. People love giving props to nitnendo as if the majority of their games aren’t smaller iterative sequels also, or remasters from the Wii U era, that sustains their gaming pipeline.

People are having a hard time coping with the fact that AAA gaming development times have increased and that the pandemic likely sitll had a major effect on development, especially Sony studios that require a lot of motion capture.

Last edited:

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Or games take time to make, even sequels

Thats not an excuse for multiple rereleases of games from four years ago! People want something new.
You think all their studios are sitting around chewing on the ends of their pencils, completely stumped, shooting crumpled ideas into waste bins?

Hmm i Seem to recall this being a problem with people being lazy or developement hell situations.
Or do you think most of them are currently mid development on new projects and just havent announced them yet? It took nintendo 6 years to make make ToTK, something highly iterative of the last game, we never got another 3d mario game, smash bros, or mario kart. People love giving props to nitnendo as if the majority of their games aren’t smaller iterative sequels also, or remasters from the Wii U era, that sustains their gaming pipeline.

Nintendo been on a remaster/rerelease streak themselves. I dunno but maybe that was because they didn’t want games locked to an embarrassment of a game console?

As for remasters I dunno I think I’ve seen a larger stream of Pokémon/mario/zelda games this gen specifically for the switch and
they brought back 2D Metroid and sort of brought back fzero this gen too. And a new Mario game coming this month iirc. I think you’re kinda ignoring that. Sonys games are not a factor for people buying ps5s.

I dunno but These Past two gens all three have been innovating on how much money they can suck from their consumers. This is the first gen Nintendos forced people to pay for online.
People are having a hard time coping with the fact that AAA gaming development times have increased and that the pandemic likely sitll had a major effect on development, especially Sony studios that require a lot of motion capture.

I dunno is it really? Starfield took three years to release. I don’t know if you noticed this but on The dev side of these things there Are people holding up these projects with trivial matters. Isn’t there also a problem with these Sony games costing them too much money? I mean they could just make smaller budget habit Are choosing not too. Shoe on head scenario IMO.

Reactions: toadsage44

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I dunno is it really? Starfield took three years to release

In what universe did this happen? 😂

Starfield has been in development since 2015. There is no AAA studio releasing games in under 3 years anymore. Insomniac has been doing it because they have been a multi-studio and multi game pipeline since the ps3 generation. And they’re not putting out spider-man length games every year.

The studio releasing a game in two weeks within insomniac has been working on SM2 since 2018

• haha
Reactions: Kokoloko

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
In what universe did this happen? 😂

Starfield has been in development since 2015. There is no AAA studio releasing games in under 3 years anymore. Insomniac has been doing it because they have been a multi-studio and multi game pipeline since the ps3 generation. And they’re not putting out spider-man length games every year.

The studio releasing a game in two weeks within insomniac has been working on SM2 since 2018

My mistake. Thats what I recalled from my memory. However with that said you did not address the rest of my points in my previous post. I would like for an answer to be provided.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I've been wondering what game Sony will have to showcase the Pro, a TLOU Part 2 remaster seems perfect for that.
It's funny, the prospect of a PS5 Pro pushes me away from buying Playstation hardware way more than Playstation games coming to PC. Almost every game I played on PS5 so far I could've had a comparable experience on PS4 Pro, so Sony is teaching me not to buy their hardware at launch like I've done since the PSP.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I've been wondering what game Sony will have to showcase the Pro, a TLOU Part 2 remaster seems perfect for that.
I wouldnt be surprised but I wouldnt be happy about that. A PS4 game being the showcase title for a PS5 Pro. Id rather ND’s new IP title, or Cory Calrogs game. Ghost of Tsushima 2 etc. Wolverine

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's funny, the prospect of a PS5 Pro pushes me away from buying Playstation hardware way more than Playstation games coming to PC. Almost every game I played on PS5 so far I could've had a comparable experience on PS4 Pro, so Sony is teaching me not to buy their hardware at launch like I've done since the PSP.

Why does that push you away? Id love a PS5 Pro. Its an optional thing for me, and doesnt effect the non buyer Or the platform. Just wondering.

I dont think God of War Ragnarok and Horizon 2 run at 60fps on PS4 Pro.
Also Returnal, Demons Souls, Ratchet and Clank arent on PS4.
I wish there was more though, and the 2023 titles were all PS5 exclusive

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Why does that push you away? Id love a PS5 Pro. Its an optional thing for me, and doesnt effect the non buyer Or the platform. Just wondering.

I dont think God of War Ragnarok and Horizon 2 run at 60fps on PS4 Pro.
Also Returnal, Demons Souls, Ratchet and Clank arent on PS4.
I wish there was more though, and the 2023 titles were all PS5 exclusive

I could've easily played Ragnarok on PS4 Pro and waited for the others. I own all these games, but Ragnarok is the only one I'm crazy about. Returnal is great, very original, amazing style, etc, but I still question whether it's a $70 game, and I wouldn't tell people to buy a PS5 to play it. Even without PC ports, I could've hung on to my PS4 Pro, had a generally great experience, and started the PS5 Gen with the Pro.