The Last of Us: Part II Remaster likely in Development based on ND Lead Outsourced Artist LinkedIn Profile

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
The-Last-of-Us-Part-II-is-unlikely-to-be.jpg

In July, Gustavo Santaolalla mentioned the refreshed The Last of Us Part II and, according to the composer, the production is to receive a new feature. We still haven’t received a full announcement of the item, but there are many indications that work on a remaster is happening.

One of Naughty Dog’s developers confirmed on LinkedIn that he has the opportunity to work on a game called: The Last of Us 2: Remastered.

Further evidence that The Last of Us Part II Remaster/Director’s Cut is on the way, according to developer ND’s LinkedIn page.
Further proof a The Last of Us Part II Remaster/Director’s Cut is in the works according to ND dev’s LinkedIn page.

As you know, The Last of Us Part II is currently only available on PS4 – in the case of PS5, we can enable the title via backward compatibility.

Source

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
PT2 already looks better than most PS5 games. I guess some new PC+PS5 remaster makes sense for season 2 of the show. People complained about the PT1 remaster, but it's clearly good we have it now.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Whats going on with naughty dog

Why the hell would you need to remaster a 2020 game

Wheres your new game buddy
Because it’s coming to PC, so they deciding to bring it to PS5 with added features like Dualsense and 3D audio. Also ND isn’t the only ones doing this. Most Sony games this gen got a PS5 port. Spiderman, GOT, Death Standing, and HZD is rumored to have one.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Cmon man dont do this dont be like those rabid xbox fans
WTH are you talking about? I’m saying Sony is releasing this because they’re releasing an upgraded PC version and they want to ngive console players the option to buy that upgraded version. Also the popularity of the IP is at all time high, why not capitalize on that popularity, it’s business. But you know what? I‘ll have this guy explain it.

• brain
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Lol I knew that Icon-Era would complain about this. Sony is releasing this because there is a PC version coming and the popularity of the IP is at an all time high. If Sony released an upgraded PC version without releasing it on PS5, yall would be bitching about how Sony is treating console players like second class citizens. (That’s what MS is doing) I’ll have this guy explain it, he explains it much better than I could. if you don’t like it, don’t buy it.

Last edited:

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
WTH are you talking about? I’m saying Sony is releasing this because they’re releasing an upgraded PC version and they want to ngive console players the option to buy that upgraded version. Also the popularity of the IP is at all time high, why not capitalize on that popularity, it’s business. But you know what? I‘ll have this guy explain it.

Oh so sony releasing another game to PC?

Cool story

But unfortunately i dont give a ratass about TLOU II on PC

Of course another PC port will make that flaccidpenisnake guy happy but not for me

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Oh so sony releasing another game to PC?

Cool story

But unfortunately i dont give a ratass about TLOU II on PC

Of course another PC port will make that flaccidpenisnake guy happy but not for me
PC ports are hear to stay. Shawn Layden opened up the floodgates, and Jim Ryan turned it up to 11. Lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Naughty Dog is dead, now it's Remastered Dog, leaded by passionate politician Neil Druckmann
Lol You do know that this isn’t the only Sony studio to release a remaster. There is also a rumored HZD remaster. I don’t love it. But we don’t have to buy it.