The Last of Us: Part II Remaster likely in Development based on ND Lead Outsourced Artist LinkedIn Profile

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Isn’t this a ps5 game? Like why? The graphics are good as is right now maybe wait like ten years instead for an actual graphics upgrade Lol.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I don't understand the logic of the game releasing on PC so it has to have a remaster. I would have been fine with the 2014 version of TLOU that was released on the PS4.

TLOU 2 is an 8th generation game and looks great as is. Plus the usual enhancements on PC like 16x AF higher framerates, resolutions, textures, shadows.

Doesn't need anything else. Hell I don't think that even 7th generation games require a remaster.

Most folks have bad memories from 7th generation games and demand unnecessary remaster/remakes because the PS3 and 360 were underpowered trash by 2007 already. On any PC those 7th generation games look great.

Last edited:
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
WTH are you talking about? I’m saying Sony is releasing this because they’re releasing an upgraded PC version and they want to ngive console players the option to buy that upgraded version. Also the popularity of the IP is at all time high, why not capitalize on that popularity, it’s business. But you know what? I‘ll have this guy explain it.

Isn't that what they bought nixxies for ... To do pc ports why are studios like naughty dog wasting time doing it instead of making new games for the playstation 🤣

Reactions: toadsage44

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I don't understand the logic of the game releasing on PC so it has to have a remaster. I would have been fine with the 2014 version of TLOU that was released on the PS4.

TLOU 2 is an 8th generation game and looks great as is. Plus the usual enhancements on PC like 16x AF higher framerates, resolutions, textures, shadows
Doesn't need anything else. Hell I don't think that even 7th generation games require a remaster.
Dualsense, 3D Audio (Imagine this game with Dolby Atmos)
Isn't that what they bought nixxies for ... To do pc ports why are studios like naughty dog wasting time doing it instead of making new games for the playstation 🤣
ND is making a new game. Games don’t take 1 to 2 years to make anymore. The team that is remastering this is most likely small,

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Dualsense, 3D Audio (Imagine this game with Dolby Atmos)

ND is making a new game. Games don’t take 1 to 2 years to make anymore. The team that is remastering this is most likely small,
Who said anything about how long games take to make , the fact is they're wasting resources on this if you're a playstation gamer you can play tlou2 perfectly fine on PS4 / Pro / PS5

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Naughty Dog are turning into the Pimp my Ride of Sony Studios Lets take the game and put some remasters on the remasters with a remake on top
Real Estate Meme GIF by hero0fwar

same with PC ports

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Nintendo announced an Remaster :love:
Sony announced an remaster/Remake :cautious:

Why is Nintendo immune from this criticism?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
One would think Playstation only started making games PS4 era. Meanwhile there are many PS3 games that should be getting remastered and online servers put back online... but Nope!

Let's focus on games everyone just bought so they can nickle and dime people when season 2 airs on HBO.

24 Jun 2022
It's be funny if they included factions 2 here.

Honestly that's maybe the only reason to do this particularly for PS5 owners. Finish the Factions 2 content ND were originally doing, include it in the Remaster, offer an upgrade path for TLOU2 owners on PS5 while PC players pay $50 for the whole package.

Otherwise a remaster for TLOU2 makes no sense, and it'd just continue the rather boring and almost complacent path ND seem like they've been on this gen. Maybe a tad odd to say considering they were likely ambitious AF with Factions 2 GaaS, but if that gets scrapped then all that ambition amounted to nothing.

Nintendo announced an Remaster :love:
Sony announced an remaster/Remake :cautious:

Why is Nintendo immune from this criticism?

Well IIRC Super Mario RPG is a remake, not a remaster, and it's a 3D remake of a 2D RPG from 1996. The upgrades will be immediately noticeable to even the most casual of gamers.

TLOU2 already looks phenomenal on a PS4, let alone PS4 Pro, let alone PS5 through BC. If this is just a remaster, there won't be too big a noticeable jump in visual fidelity and it's only been 3/4 years. If it's a Remake, then...why TLOU2? Again it's a very recent-ish game; a remake for something like Jak & Daxter or Uncharted 1 & 2 would be way more interesting and visual/fidelity upgrades immediately noticeable.

That's my thoughts on it, anyway.

PC ports are hear to stay. Shawn Layden opened up the floodgates, and Jim Ryan turned it up to 11. Lol

Shawn Layden did not port the marquee 1P AAA games, though. His strategy was very clear: focus on porting the smaller games and MP-centric AA-type games like Predator: Hunting Grounds.

It was Jim Ryan who pushed that into porting the AAA traditional games. A strategy that is most likely harmful to the console side long-term, and at least 10 years too soon. Fully expecting Sony to scale back the PC ports going forward to just the GaaS titles and, maybe, remaster compilations of catalog/legacy (10+ years old) titles.

The current 1P AAA and AA traditional stuff will likely either cease getting ported to PC or the windows will be longer (4-6 years post-console release vs. what feels like 2 years after console).

Last edited:
Reactions: JAHGamer

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Honestly that's maybe the only reason to do this particularly for PS5 owners. Finish the Factions 2 content ND were originally doing, include it in the Remaster, offer an upgrade path for TLOU2 owners on PS5 while PC players pay $50 for the whole package.

Otherwise a remaster for TLOU2 makes no sense, and it'd just continue the rather boring and almost complacent path ND seem like they've been on this gen. Maybe a tad odd to say considering they were likely ambitious AF with Factions 2 GaaS, but if that gets scrapped then all that ambition amounted to nothing.

Well IIRC Super Mario RPG is a remake, not a remaster, and it's a 3D remake of a 2D RPG from 1996. The upgrades will be immediately noticeable to even the most casual of gamers.

TLOU2 already looks phenomenal on a PS4, let alone PS4 Pro, let alone PS5 through BC. If this is just a remaster, there won't be too big a noticeable jump in visual fidelity and it's only been 3/4 years. If it's a Remake, then...why TLOU2? Again it's a very recent-ish game; a remake for something like Jak & Daxter or Uncharted 1 & 2 would be way more interesting and visual/fidelity upgrades immediately noticeable.

That's my thoughts on it, anyway.

Shawn Layden did not port the marquee 1P AAA games, though. His strategy was very clear: focus on porting the smaller games and MP-centric AA-type games like Predator: Hunting Grounds.

It was Jim Ryan who pushed that into porting the AAA traditional games. A strategy that is most likely harmful to the console side long-term, and at least 10 years too soon. Fully expecting Sony to scale back the PC ports going forward to just the GaaS titles and, maybe, remaster compilations of catalog/legacy (10+ years old) titles.

The current 1P AAA and AA traditional stuff will likely either cease getting ported to PC or the windows will be longer (4-6 years post-console release vs. what feels like 2 years after console).
You’re letting Layden off the hook. Even if he didn’t port AAA games, eventually he would have. Those smaller games were probably a test run. When asked on Twitter if porting to PC was his idea, he proudly responded “Yup”. Also you’re kidding yourself if you think Sony is going to scale back on porting games to PC now that Jim Ryan is gone. 😂