The Last of Us PC port heavily criticised for poor performance

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
When I first saw screenshots of that blackface Joel glitch, I thought it was a distasteful mod.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

Steam Deck Joel Becomes A Meme Thanks To Buggy The Last Of Us Part 1 PC Launch​

This is getting very embrassing(n)

Sony are destroying the magic of the Playstation brand. Sony should just forget about PC and focus on Consoles
imagine owning a shitty portable like the steam deck and complaining that it can't run a next gen game. I swear PC players are the most delusional creatures on this planet.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Imagine ruining your brand image for a million or so sales per game (plus the mandatory 3 to 4M illegal downloads).

Jim Ryan inherited a brand with a strong pipeline and in constant growth and will manage to squander it. Probably not this gen, since Xbox is a meme, but his anti-midas touch can already be felt.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
3xa6c5.png

• haha
Reactions: Umar

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Imagine ruining your brand image for a million or so sales per game (plus the mandatory 3 to 4M illegal downloads).

Jim Ryan inherited a brand with a strong pipeline and in constant growth and will manage to squander it. Probably not this gen, since Xbox is a meme, but his anti-midas touch can already be felt.
Xbox will stay a meme even if they acquire ABK+EA+T2. Bookmark my comment and call me out for it later 😁

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022

Jim Ryan was the dude who put PS consoles on clubs in Europe - involved into branding Playstation as a gaming console for teenagers. Also involved into analyzing each country and figuring out what worked and not for each market. He was the head of PS europe for a long long time.
I think people are overreacting a little bit.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

It’s a totally imaginary scenario, because nobody gives a fuck that PC ports, coming well after the PS releases, are having issues.

Only drama queens are wringing their hands about ports “making PlayStation less special” or similar idiotic bullshit.

Some people online REALLY need to get a grip.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
It’s a totally imaginary scenario, because nobody gives a fuck that PC ports, coming well after the PS releases, are having issues.

Only drama queens are wringing their hands about ports “making PlayStation less special” or similar idiotic bullshit.

I wouldn't call PS5 games being released on PC within the same gen and often in less than 2 years "well after". Especially in the case of their biggest hitters like Miles Morales and Tlou Part 1, those should've been saved until the end of the gen. Now PC players can expect that all of Playstations biggest games will be ported to PC at some point and their is no reason for them to buy a PS5.

No matter how much you and a few others like to pretend otherwise, PC/Steam are fighting for the same market share as consoles. Especially in some countries where console gaming is getting its ass kicked. Instead of actually trying to market their consoles to these players, Sony is just releasing shitty ports that garner bad press and get pirated day 1.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

You clearly have reading and comprehension issues, as well as some intelligence and social decorum ones. You criticise little Xbox warriors yet you are exactly like them.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

It is literally less special. Before you must own Playstation to play Playstation games, now? You don't, so of course it is less special.

Plus, games will push less boundaries on Playstation because they have to cutter to PCs and development will be longer.

We could have had Factions already but.. some worked on PC port of Part 1, plus working on Factions port on pc too. I don't see how it benefits Playstation players?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I wouldn't call PS5 games being released on PC within the same gen and often in less than 2 years "well after". Especially in the case of their biggest hitters like Miles Morales and Tlou Part 1, those should've been saved until the end of the gen. Now PC players can expect that all of Playstations biggest games will be ported to PC at some point and their is no reason for them to buy a PS5.

No matter how much you and a few others like to pretend otherwise, PC/Steam are fighting for the same market share as consoles. Especially in some countries where console gaming is getting its ass kicked. Instead of actually trying to market their consoles to these players, Sony is just releasing shitty ports that garner bad press and get pirated day 1.
But both Miles Morales and TLOU released after 2 years on PC…

Last edited:

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
But both Miles Morales and TLOU releases after 2 years on PC…
Read the games I said again, look up the dates which I've done and tell me I'm wrong. Also when you account for the marketing that the PC releases got, they're not even giving time for their Playstation Exclusives to breathe on the platform before they get PC release trailers.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
When I first saw screenshots of that blackface Joel glitch, I thought it was a distasteful mod.
Funny mod, there is actual problem in going black face, this is manipulative fake outrage.

I don't care minstrels did it out of hate, we are not there.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Read the games I said again, look up the dates which I've done and tell me I'm wrong. Also when you account for the marketing that the PC releases got, they're not even giving time for their Playstation Exclusives to breathe on the platform before they get PC release trailers.
Miles Morales: November 12, 2020
Miles Morales PC: November 18, 2022

TLOU: June 14, 2013
TLOU PC: March 28, 2023

Sackboy Big Adventure and Returnal were theonly titles for now to release before a 2 years time frame… Ruturnal 22.5 months after… SBA 23.5 months after.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Deleted member 417