The Last of Us PC port heavily criticised for poor performance

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Miles Morales: November 12, 2020
Miles Morales PC: November 18, 2022

TLOU: June 14, 2013
TLOU PC: March 28, 2023

Sackboy Big Adventure and Returnal were theonly titles for now to release before a 2 years time frame.
Miles morales was within 2 years, and TLOU Part 1 was within two years. No one but you brought up the freaking PS3 version of TLOU so I'm not even going to address that. And with sackboy and returnal basically all of PS5's exclusive games have been shoddily thrown onto PC. Why does PS5 have more first party exclusives ported to PC than the PS4 does. That's not how you sell your next gen console.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Miles morales was within 2 years, and TLOU Part 1 was within two years. No one but you brought up the freaking PS3 version of TLOU so I'm not even going to address that. And with sackboy and returnal basically all of PS5's exclusive games have been shoddily thrown onto PC. Why does PS5 have more first party exclusives ported to PC than the PS4 does. That's not how you sell your next gen console.
Miles Morales was over two years.

PS3 version accounted for over 7 million sales before PS4… but hey if you believe only PS4 version existed that is still over 8 years.

Both Sackboy and Returnal were big failures in PC 🤷‍♂️

I have no ideia what point you are trying to do… Sony’s PC strategy except for maybe GoW is being pretty bad… they will probably review it next earnings.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It is literally less special. Before you must own Playstation to play Playstation games, now? You don't, so of course it is less special.

Plus, games will push less boundaries on Playstation because they have to cutter to PCs and development will be longer.

We could have had Factions already but.. some worked on PC port of Part 1, plus working on Factions port on pc too. I don't see how it benefits Playstation players?
The people freaking out over it are making themselves look Special, in the Olympic sense.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Miles Morales was over two years.

PS3 version accounted for over 7 million sales before PS4… but hey if you believe only PS4 version existed that is still over 8 years.

Both Sackboy and Returnal were big failures in PC 🤷‍♂️

I have no ideia what point you are trying to do… Sony’s PC strategy except for maybe GoW is being pretty bad… they will probably review it next earnings.
November 2020 to November 2022 is 2 years smart ass. The rest of what you said doesn't real mean shit because Part 1 on PS5 and Part 1 on PC is less than 2 years. If you're going to try and correct somebody at least stick with the actual games I was talking about instead of manufacturing stuff to fit your viewpoint.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
November 2020 to November 2022 is 2 years smart ass. The rest of what you said doesn't real mean shit because Part 1 on PS5 and Part 1 on PC is less than 2 years. If you're going to try and correct somebody at least stick with the actual games I was talking about instead of manufacturing stuff to fit your viewpoint.
I have no ideia what are you talking or spinning about… I only look at actual official data.

You said LESS than 2 years and give as example Miles Morales and TLOU… both games releases AFTER 2 years.

Miles Morales: November 12, 2020
Miles Morales PC: November 18, 2022

TLOU: June 14, 2013
TLOU PC: March 28, 2023

I even said the only games launched on PC with less than 2 years were Returnal and Sackboy Big Adventure… two big failures.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It is not TLOU from 2013, it is Part 1, so 2022.

😂😂😂

Being fair it is not even the PS5 version…

images

images

Imagine a 2013 game for PS3 looking like that on PC in 2023.

PS. Do people really believes TLOU is a 2022 game? I thought it was just people joking.

Last edited:

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
TLOU Pt 1 is a 2022 remake of a 2013 game.
I'm not sure why this simple fact is going over his head, or he's purposely dodging it to make his moot point. Hopefully he's not delusional, I mean he's in a thread that's about Part 1, and he comes talking about the 2013 PS3 original. Wtf.

• fire

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
TLOU Pt 1 is a 2022 remake of a 2013 game.
TLOU is a 2013 game.
TLOU Remastered is a 2014 PS4 version.
TLOU Part 1 is the 2022 PS5 version.
TLOU Part 1 PC is the 2023 PC version.

Took Sony near 10 years to port that game to PC and people keep saying it is a years old port lol

It is crazy and dumb lol

And I will say more… play or watch the PS3 version and PC (latest) version and they are the same game… no new scene, no new puzzle, no new dialogs, no new mechanics, no new gameplay…

You will play or watch the same game except for the upgraded graphics and better response time (higher framerate).

And here people try to say TLOU Part 1 is somehow special.

REmake 4 is a remake from Resident Evil 4 and I don’t even need to explain it you.
TLOU Part 1 is not a remake no matter how marketing shit Sony tried to spin over it.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
And I will say more… play or watch the PS3 version and PC (latest) version and they are the same game… no new scene, no new puzzle, no new dialogs, no new mechanics, no new gameplay…

There's a little amount of new side areas for loot, gun gameplay is not the same, zombie behaviour, patching, AI is not the same, companion and enemy human NPC AI is also vastly improved.

TLOU Part 1 is not a remake no matter how marketing shit Sony tried to spin over it.

I've clarified many times how this is just factually wrong, but I'm done trying to educate your ignorant ass on it.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There's a little amount of new side areas for loot, gun gameplay is not the same, zombie behaviour, patching, AI is not the same, companion and enemy human NPC AI is also vastly improved.

I've clarified many times how this is just factually wrong, but I'm done trying to educate your ignorant ass on it.
I play games you know…
Remake is not what TLOU apart 1 is except for marketing use of the word.

Play both games or watch any YouTube side by side and see what I’m talking about.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I play games you know…
Remake is not what TLOU apart 1 is except for marketing use of the word.
Remake means to recreate something. It doesn't matter if you change the original content or not, if you're recreating it, it's a remake. And for the record TLOU PT 1 changes substantial parts of the original around AI, NPC behaviour, and gunplay. You should play it, it's much better and less clunky than the original.

Again, I get English is not your first language, but fuck me, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Remake means to recreate something. It doesn't matter if you change the original content or not, if you're recreating it, it's a remake. And for the record TLOU PT 1 changes substantial parts of the original around AI, NPC behaviour, and gunplay. You should play it, it's much better and less clunky than the original.

Again, I get English is not your first language, but fuck me, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
What TLOU Part 1 recreated? So TLOU Remastered recreated too?
Fooled by marketing lol

Nintendo should had marketed new Metroid Prime version as Remake too 😂

• angry

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
What TLOU Part 1 recreated?

The game didn't recreate anything, the studio did. If you're trying to be a smartass at least learn how to write.

I listed all the changes I could find having played the new one multiple times and the original over half a dozen.

The literal game was recreated in their "new" engine, not just ported over and upscaled. The game feels and plays different.

Again, remake means to recreate. Whether you change something you recreate or keep parity with the original doesn't matter. If other developers or you decide to use that definition differently or not doesn't matter, because fortunately, the word actually has a well established meaning.

Same way in music you can have a re-record, remix, or remaster.