The official opinions from Sony, Ubisoft, WB, BN, Apple, Riot, Google and more about the Activision Blizzard acquisition (From ERA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
I have given 'Deal in Effect' Numbers. The Worst case scenario.

Secondly, COD is staying Multiplatform for now anyway.
Yeah but do you not see the obvious undercut? Xbox adds CoD to GamePass while it costs $70 on PlayStation. They don't need to make things exclusive to do damage.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
This is kinda funny:

FZD49OiXwAAP8N1.png

Someone should make a GoW cover with "Xbox CEO" saying it's his most anticipated game lol

Reactions: DarkMage619

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Yeah but do you not see the obvious undercut? Xbox adds CoD to GamePass while it costs $70 on PlayStation. They don't need to make things exclusive to do damage.
How much damage can it do even in the worst case scenario?

The average COD sells around 20-30 million on all platforms including Xbox and PC.

So around 10 million COD gamers on PlayStation out of 100+ million Playstation gamers.

If all leave you are looking at a loss of 10 million gamers. That's the worst case scenario and is a blip on PS sales.

Not gonna happen either cause many PS gamers own a PC and Xbox anyway.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
COD need PS more than PS need COD. Without Playstation COD will cut half their sales, but PS without COD nodoby cares it will hurt a bit at start but Sony will catch up with something like they always did, some people forgot ps3/xbox 360 era.

Wish MS would lock COD Xbox exclusfit tho, would be funny to see the new pathetique sales of the franchise.
You wouldn't see the sales because they would hide it like they do with all their games. :LOL:

CoD on PlayStation probably represent more than half the sales given that CoD isn't that popular on PC. I just want Phil Spencer to overcomit again and promise an exclusive CoD day one on Gamepass.

DewPoint

17 Jul 2022
“There is nothing unique about the video games developed and published by Activision Blizzard that is a ‘must have’ for rival PC and console video game distributors that give rise to a foreclosure concern,” the company says in the document. Put another way, Microsoft believes owning the rights to best-selling Activision Blizzard franchises like Call of Duty won’t prevent rivals like Sony from competing against it.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Calling it: things won't change and MS will regret this purchase in the future.
I don't think they'll regret the purchase but I do think it puts way too much pressure on Gamepass and Xbox. MS so far has always pivoted when things were not going their way so I don't know how many years of Gamepass, xCloud and their studios underperforming they'll be able to stand before giving up and attempting something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezekiel

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I actually 100% believe that if microsoft ever made COD exclusive it would hurt them way more than it would hurt Sony. It would just create a vacuum for everyone to put another FPS in its place. Despite how big CoD is not everyone is gonna run out and buy another console to play it.

Most casual audience will go to whatever their friends are playing. Everyone plays COD now because its so big, but if the numbers are cut in half and focused entirely on the xbox ecosystem people will find the next best thing.

Microsoft is not gonna spite themselves for an increase in console gamepass sales or to sabotage sony. There ultimate goal isn’t to compete in the console space, its to expand cloud gaming and data collectionl

Reactions: SSfox and Ezekiel

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
You wouldn't see the sales because they would hide it like they do with all their games. :LOL:

CoD on PlayStation probably represent more than half the sales given that CoD isn't that popular on PC. I just want Phil Spencer to overcomit again and promise an exclusive CoD day one on Gamepass.
The Sony guy here is a pussy with no guts "Muh i'm scared no more COD". I mean wtf, it's Acti and MS that have to be scared of the death of the COD franchise if they dare to put it exclusive outside of PS.

They tried same thing with TR, franchise almost died because of the Rise of TR Xbox exclusivity, only saved once release on Playstation a year later, and they also were smart to put all DLC content that was paid on Xbox for free on PS4.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
I actually 100% believe that if microsoft ever made COD exclusive it would hurt them way more than it would hurt Sony. It would just create a vacuum for everyone to put another FPS in its place. Despite how big CoD is not everyone is gonna run out and buy another console to play it.

Most casual audience will go to whatever their friends are playing. Everyone plays COD now because its so big, but if the numbers are cut in half and focused entirely on the xbox ecosystem people will find the next best thing.

Microsoft is not gonna spite themselves for an increase in console gamepass sales or to sabotage sony. There ultimate goal isn’t to compete in the console space, its to expand cloud gaming and data collectionl
They will sabotage Sony while simultaneously bolstering GamePass. Like I said they will not pull CoD from PlayStation, however they will make it financially hurt to play it there.

PlayStation 1 game = $70
GamePass hundreds of other games plus that 1 game = $15

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
They will sabotage Sony while simultaneously bolstering GamePass. Like I said they will not pull CoD from PlayStation, however they will make it financially hurt to play it there.

PlayStation 1 game = $70
GamePass hundreds of other games plus that 1 game = $15

Or playstation = 70 dollars

Gamepass = 180 a year

A lot of people that play COD do not play a lot of other games. Almost all my friends that game strictly play 1 or 2 games, i can’t even get them to play the free stuff they already pay for on the service.

Both my closest friends have no lie over 4000 and 5000 hours on Warzone alone. Thats literally all they play. They are not gonna jump on paying a subscription just to play them.

Games are not like tv and movies where people get bored and just look for something to put on. A lot of people have a very specific thing they bought their console for, whether its 2k, COD, FIFA, or whatever. 100’s of games is not an appealing prospect for paying for an additional machine and annual subscription

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
The Sony guy here is a pussy with no guts "Muh i'm scared no more COD". I mean wtf, it's Acti and MS that have to be scared of the death of the COD franchise if they dare to put it exclusive outside of PS.

They tried same thing with TR, franchise almost died because of the Rise of TR Xbox exclusivity, only saved once release on Playstation a year later, and they also were smart to put all DLC content that was paid on Xbox for free on PS4.
Exactly, old Sony would go up on stage and mock how desperate Xbox is. They keep burning money to buy back on the market, let them do it again, let them double and triple down on Gamepass without having the subscribers they need for it to make any sense.

Or playstation = 70 dollars

Gamepass = 180 a year

A lot of people that play COD do not play a lot of other games. Almost all my friends that game strictly play 1 or 2 games, i can’t even get them to play the free stuff they already pay for on the service.

Both my closest friends have no lie over 4000 and 5000 hours on Warzone alone. Thats literally all they play. They are not gonna jump on paying a subscription just to play them.

Games are not like tv and movies where people get bored and just look for something to put on. A lot of people have a very specific thing they bought their console for, whether its 2k, COD, FIFA, or whatever. 100’s of games is not an appealing prospect for paying for an additional machine and annual subscription
Even for someone who doesn't have any console getting a PS5 DE + CoD + PS Plus Extra is still a much better deal than getting stuck with a garbage system like the Series S.

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Exactly, old Sony would go up on stage and mock how desperate Xbox is. They keep burning money to buy back on the market, let them do it again, let them double and triple down on Gamepass without having them having the subscribers they need.

COD is huge but Playstation is Gigantic.

PS1 and PS2 sold 260 million combined with no COD.

I would love to see Microsoft make it exclusive and put the games on Gamepass.

Let’s see what damage it does to COD.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I have no choice but to now root for whatever FPS/shooter Playstation has in the works.

Outside of factions, I think Deviation is the best hope. They are Treyarch and Respawn vets.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
COD is huge but Playstation is Gigantic.

PS1 and PS2 sold 260 million combined with no COD.

I would love to see Microsoft make it exclusive and put the games on Gamepass.

Let’s see what damage it does to COD.
As I've said before, the PS5 already is getting Warzone 2 and MW2 at the very least. When it's time for Warzone 3 this gen will be over and non F2P CoD are already in a downwards trajectory. Not to mention that it will take 3 to 4 years for another Infinity Ward CoD.

The only thing going against Sony is how EA went out of their way to kill Battlefield, so if EA doesn't course correct Sony will have to come up with something of their own. They do have a lot of time to prepare tho. There is also the option for Sony to start closing deals for Respawn games, it would cost a fraction of what MS paid for CoD and Sony wouldn't need to give them away under a subscription.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar
Status
Not open for further replies.