The official opinions from Sony, Ubisoft, WB, BN, Apple, Riot, Google and more about the Activision Blizzard acquisition (From ERA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Bungie and Firewalk studios will also release new FPS games.

Yeah, whats funny is Firewalk guys are ex-bungie also.

I think the difference is that I dont see sony buying Firewalk, but Deviation probably got bought out a while ago.

Deviation:
Lifelong friends, Anthony and Blundell’s tenure at Treyarch, and within the games industry, is storied. Anthony wrote and directed both Black Ops and Black Ops II, while Blundell once held the position of co-studio head and led the charge on each new iteration of the series’ Zombies mode.

Firewalk:
The studio was formed in 2018 and is led by Hsu, who was general manager and senior vice president of Destiny at Activision; game director Ryan Elli, a former Bungie creative director; and executive producer Elena Siegman, who worked as a producer on Guitar Hero II and Bioshock Infinite as well as Destiny. Other team members have worked on the likes of Call of Duty, Apex Legends, Mass Effect and Halo.

Guerrilla:
Simon Larouche multiplayer shooter

Good pedigree of FPS devs right now especially with Bungie overseeing the service game sector. Sony just needs a quality shooter on the level of say Titanfall, the marketing machine will do the rest of the work.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Yeah, whats funny is Firewalk guys are ex-bungie also.

I think the difference is that I dont see sony buying Firewalk, but Deviation probably got bought out a while ago.

Deviation:

Firewalk:

Guerrilla:
Simon Larouche multiplayer shooter

Good pedigree of FPS devs right now especially with Bungie overseeing the service game sector. Sony just needs a quality shooter on the level of say Titanfall, the marketing machine will do the rest of the work.

Yes I believe Firewalk are already owned by ProbablyMonsters.

Sony would have to buy ProbablyMonsters to get Firewalk.

They own 1 more studio last time I checked.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Yes I believe Firewalk are already owned by ProbablyMonsters.

Sony would have to buy ProbablyMonsters to get Firewalk.

They own 1 more studio last time I checked.

Yeah, you never know though, sony could also see something like in the other studios that we aren’t privy to. I think the other studio is making an rpg game

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Yeah, you never know though, sony could also see something like in the other studios that we aren’t privy to. I think the other studio is making an rpg game
Yes they are making an RPG.

Let’s see. They could also have been bought.

I am certain though that Deviation Games have been bought. Expanded studio in Santa Monica which isn’t cheap and opened a second studio in Canada.

We all know where the money is coming from.

Reactions: Ezekiel

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

I am certain though that Deviation Games have been bought. Expanded studio in Santa Monica which isn’t cheap and opened a second studio in Canada.

I dont think we go the rest of this year without a reveal from at least one of their shooters, Firewalk is probably up first

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I dont think we go the rest of this year without a reveal from at least one of their shooters, Firewalk is probably up first

Yep I believe Firewalks game is further in development compared to Deviation Games.

So expect it first.

Expect more acquisition announcements after the completion of the Bungie deal.

My bets are on Emberlab and Deviation Games being announced next.

Reactions: Ezekiel

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Yep I believe Firewalks game is further in development compared to Deviation Games.

So expect it first.

Expect more acquisition announcements after the completion of the Bungie deal.

My bets are on Emberlab and Deviation Games being announced next.

I think Deviations is gonna be announced with their game

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com

Eh.. people over-estimate what a "studio" is when one is opened. They incorporated themselves in Canada but don't appear to have actually done anything but hire a few people from the Vancouver area.. and they have 0 job listings for Canada. Not like they opened a big fancy office there or something.

But they also signed a big deal with a big publisher (Sony).. it's not really shocking that when your game you were working on gets funded you'd expand lol

Doesn't mean anyone bought them.. the idea that you keep a company purchase secret is just bizarre to me anyways.

Sony is more of a "try before you buy" company anyways.. having a company like that funded to make you an exclusive.. where even is the need to buy them at that point?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Eh.. people over-estimate what a "studio" is when one is opened. They incorporated themselves in Canada but don't appear to have actually done anything but hire a few people from the Vancouver area.. and they have 0 job listings for Canada. Not like they opened a big fancy office there or something.

But they also signed a big deal with a big publisher (Sony).. it's not really shocking that when your game you were working on gets funded you'd expand lol

Doesn't mean anyone bought them.. the idea that you keep a company purchase secret is just bizarre to me anyways.

Sony is more of a "try before you buy" company anyways.. having a company like that funded to make you an exclusive.. where even is the need to buy them at that point?

There’s a time and place for announcements.

Bungie talks were going on for month until it was announced.

Here’s the new Deviation Games studio.

FPmWxx9WQAoU43k

deviation-games.jpg

Whatever it is, they seem to love Playstation.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Does Sony have something to compete against CoD? Maybe.

Does MS have something to compete against TLoU, Uncharted, God of War, Spider-man, Wolverine, Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon, Destiny? No.

Does MS have something to compete with No Man's Sky and Back 4 Blood? Looks like they do.

On PS: $70 game purchase + $120~ PS+

on XB: $61 Game Pass + $0 for CoD once Sony's whining ceases.

Small price to pay to not having to buy Xbox, not to mention that PS+ Extra is already a much better value than Gamepass anyway. Ideally the person will just see the game being "given away" on Xbox and keep their $70 and spend on something else on their PlayStation.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
There’s a time and place for announcements.

Bungie talks were going on for month until it was announced.

Here’s the new Deviation Games studio.

FPmWxx9WQAoU43k

deviation-games.jpg

Whatever it is, they seem to love Playstation.

Right.

I also believe they waited months to announced Bluepoint’s acquisition. It leaked when Housemarque was bought and they didn’t officially announce it until the following fall. The housemarque acquisition was also leaked months prior.

Recently in the earnings report they said they sat on the haven announcement until bungie was complete, it had been done a month prior

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
3rd party devs would be careful with their statements either way

1. Don't want to hurt their chances of getting acquired themselves
2. Don't really care if COD goes exclusive. If anything it lowers CODs impact on the market and opens up opportunity for another third party to take its place

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
There are better games out there than COD. Ex COD developers Respawn made Titanfall and Apex Legends for starters.

COD brand on the other hand is unrivalled.

I didn't say better games. I'm not even that big a fan anymore. I really enjoyed them in the beginning, 06-09. But like Sony said, they can just make another one.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I didn't say better games. I'm not even that big a fan anymore. I really enjoyed them in the beginning, 06-09. But like Sony said, they can just make another one.

Brand wise it’s very difficult to build.

Some games have potential to get there in the future.

Fortnite, PUBG, Apex Legends and Valorant.

Bungie have the potential to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.