The Pokémon Company statement on Palworld, intend to investigate, take measures. |UP| Nintendo President makes statement, plan to take action.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

The Pokemon Company releases a statement regarding Palworld:Inquiries Regarding Other Companies’ GamesWe have received many inquiries regarding another company’s game released in January 2024. We have not granted any permission for the use of Pokémon intellectual property or assets in that game. We intend to investigate and take appropriate measures to address any acts that infringe on intellectual property rights related to the Pokémon. We will continue to cherish and nurture each and every Pokémon and its world, and work to bring the world together through Pokémon in the future.The Pokémon Company

Rip

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
At least it reinforces that when gamers really want something Thyll go out in droves to buy it.

The Pokemon Company releases a statement regarding Palworld:Inquiries Regarding Other Companies’ GamesWe have received many inquiries regarding another company’s game released in January 2024. We have not granted any permission for the use of Pokémon intellectual property or assets in that game. We intend to investigate and take appropriate measures to address any acts that infringe on intellectual property rights related to the Pokémon. We will continue to cherish and nurture each and every Pokémon and its world, and work to bring the world together through Pokémon in the future.The Pokémon Company

I hate Nintendo and I don’t care about this game but I’ve been hearing about pal world so much it’s annoying me so I hope the sht gets sued out it and it gets shuts down. God I hate Nintendo but this ripoff knockoff game is just annoying and its success is complete undeserved. Where the F is Factions 2

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
They knew what they were doing. It's not a coincidence. They're trying to skirt around the legal issues. This company has a history of copying Nintendo. Their last game was a blatant ripoff of Zelda.

On one hand, it's nice seeing Nintendo get screwed over. One of the most anti consumer companies in the industry.

On the other, it's a bit sad seeing low effort trash get this much praise.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
They knew what they were doing. It's not a coincidence. They're trying to skirt around the legal issues. This company has a history of copying Nintendo. Their last game was a blatant ripoff of Zelda.

On one hand, it's nice seeing Nintendo get screwed over. One of the most anti consumer companies in the industry.

On the other, it's a bit sad seeing low effort trash get this much praise.
needs to be shut down

this is the type of future from Microsoft if this game was a success and not taken down

Reactions: Diah

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
There is nothing wrong, nor illegal, about being inspired by Pokemon. Music being inspired by other music - not illegal. Visual design being inspired by other design - not illegal. You should check out copyright law, because mechanics are not copyrightable. Plenty of games are inspired by Pokemon. I'm sure as soon as you see this image you'll know what game it's inspiring to be - not illegal.

All I am asking for is logical consistency in making these claims instead of devolving into a "Xbox has it so anyone who defends it is pro Xbox!" partisan line.
If there is nothing wrong then what stopped publishers to release direct Pokemon clones made with AI? Why is Square or Bandai bothering with all these franchises? Just change some color schemes and be done.

They could easily do the same with Mario, Luigi and anything really. Just change the color, release on Steam and rake the millions like these devs.

Pitchuka! Kapi! Kapi! - Palworld dev next pal

So much creativity 🙄

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
None of them is as blatant as Palworld. Digimon, Yugioh, Temtem, Dragon Quest monsters, Cassette Beast. You would never mistake them for Pokemon, not even for 1 second. All of them are legit products, not bootleg asset flips made with Unreal.

This is Palword fans when Nintendo wakes up :

🤣🤣🤣

False. The only reason you say it's a ripoff is because the pals look like pokemones. Like I said palworld success is it's own. The game is fun. Also there way more pokemon like games then that, that did nothing

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
False. The only reason you say it's a ripoff is because the pals look like pokemones. Like I said palworld success is it's own. The game is fun. Also there way more pokemon like games then that, that did nothing
It'll be difficult I think for Pokémon devs to win but I guess we will have to see what the courts say if it goes that route.

Last edited:
Reactions: Infinity

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
If high profile cases like (I believe) reused code in palworld from pokemon, or gta6/Insomniac leaks, I can see developers going hell for leather on various mod blocks and DRM. Without mods/fan fixes, PC loses so much of its luster.

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
All these controversies and what about the elephant in the room? This game should be running at 50 FPS locked instead of 60. Hopefully Nintendo can burn this company to the ground.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Wow what’s with the anger? I don’t like Pokémon at all, but to rip into it like this when the popularity for this game is clearly predicated on tapping into the love for that series sounds like cognitive dissonance to me.

If “Palworld” (even the name is like a description of the Pokémon series) were released with wholly original designs that weren’t based on one of the most popular game series ever created, do you honestly believe it would have sold in the same numbers? I know what the answer is.

Yeah, maybe I was being an asshole there but I just don't understand the hatred or fascination with Palworld even though I will be checking it out on Saturday to see what the hoopla is all about.

I do actually believe that it would have still sold great even without the inspiration from Pokemon because despite the character designs being familiar, the gameplay loop is said to be really good, addictive and a lot of fun and I don't think characters would change anything in a game like Palworld.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah, maybe I was being an asshole there but I just don't understand the hatred or fascination with Palworld even though I will be checking it out on Saturday to see what the hoopla is all about.

I do actually believe that it would have still sold great even without the inspiration from Pokemon because despite the character designs being familiar, the gameplay loop is said to be really good, addictive and a lot of fun and I don't think characters would change anything in a game like Palworld.
Please let us know know your thoughts on the game.