The Switch version of LEGO Horizon will be distributed by Solutions 2 GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Instead of thinking about switch sales Sony should be more concerned if people actually buy the game on playstation because newsflash the nintendo guys have a zelda, mario party, mario luigi brothership, fantasy life i and DQ III coming. If this game flops after all the hype and hoopla of expanding audiences and other bs it will be a peak egg on face Herman moment

Reactions: BillyZ and arvfab

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Instead of thinking about switch sales Sony should be more concerned if people actually buy the game on playstation because newsflash the nintendo guys have a zelda, mario party, mario luigi brothership, fantasy life i and DQ III coming. If this game flops after all the hype and hoopla of expanding audiences and other bs it will be a peak egg on face Herman moment

No it won’t, this isnt a mainline horizon game. Its a side project that is being outsourced to another studio that looks like it took 3 years to make at max.

This game has no effect on playstation as a brand because these kind of games aren’t what they are known for. They specifically have this labeled in a separate category in their financial reports.

playstation-pillars.jpg

Horizon Lego Adventure is an ‘Experimental’ game, they even say in fancy wording that it’s lower budget. The expectation isn’t for it to sell like the main series its for it to maybe get some younger kids or people on other platforms into playstation IP

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
What hard evidence do you have to suggest this or is it your gut feeling?
Let me explain it like this. How many people ran out to buy an Xbox after Hi-Fi Rush, Pentiment, Grounded and Sea of Thieves were released on PlayStation? None? Damn! Well surely Forza Horizon 5 will do it.
Doesn't work for Xbox so don't see why it would work for PlayStation.

Reactions: JAHGamer

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
This makes SIE look so weak I can't even decide where to begin. Horizon is Sony's IP, not LEGO's. If LEGO are the ones that approached SIE, then that would assume SIE had the leverage in the decision because any terms LEGO gave that were unsatisfactory could've simply gotten the deal rejected by SIE, and we'd have no LEGO Horizon game.

So either this far-fetched scenario played out, or the more likely scenario occurred where SIE came to LEGO, capitulated to LEGO's terms (which included a Switch release), and for whatever reason also capitulated publishing rights on Switch despite already having a publishing label for non-PlayStation systems.

Meaning SIE was never "forced" into taking on Switch as a platform; they wanted to. And there's already a dev quote out there suggesting as such.
not really?

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Let me explain it like this. How many people ran out to buy an Xbox after Hi-Fi Rush, Pentiment, Grounded and Sea of Thieves were released on PlayStation? None? Damn! Well surely Forza Horizon 5 will do it.
When one platform is openly bringing all their games to other platforms why would you go out and buy that console? An outsourced kids game of an adult IP that will never be on Nintendo might do something. It is a canary in the coal mine. Sending over actual Horizon to Nintendo would be negligent. They are not the same unless you think Horizon plays like a Lego game to begin with. Which it obviously doesn't.

Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
When one platform is openly bringing all their games to other platforms why would you go out and buy that console? An outsourced kids game of an adult IP that will never be on Nintendo might do something. It is a canary in the coal mine. Sending over actual Horizon to Nintendo would be negligent. They are not the same unless you think Horizon plays like a Lego game to begin with. Which it obviously doesn't.

You’d think this would be common sense

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No it won’t, this isnt a mainline horizon game. Its a side project that is being outsourced to another studio that looks like it took 3 years to make at max.

This game has no effect on playstation as a brand because these kind of games aren’t what they are known for. They specifically have this labeled in a separate category in their financial reports.

playstation-pillars.jpg

Horizon Lego Adventure is an ‘Experimental’ game, they even say in fancy wording that it’s lower budget. The expectation isn’t for it to sell like the main series its for it to maybe get some younger kids or people on other platforms into playstation IP
Just to add the game is being made by TT Games that is the main developer for LEGO games.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Now that you said it you know what? That Horizon Zero Dawn Remaster will look real good on Switch 2. Just trying new things don't worry about it.

• they're_right_you_know

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Now that you said it you know what? That Horizon Zero Dawn Remaster will look real good on Switch 2. Just trying new things don't worry about it.
Trolling or delusional? You're definitely one.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Trolling or delusional? You're definitely one.
Hear me out, Horizon Zero Dawn Remaster exists, it was leaked years ago, but it's hard to sell it again on PC and PlayStation so Sony might want to find something else. Would you bet your house that Sony wouldn't release it on a Nintendo console? I wouldn't.

• they're_right_you_know

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Hear me out, Horizon Zero Dawn Remaster exists, it was leaked years ago, but it's hard to sell it again on PC and PlayStation so Sony might want to find something else. Would you bet your house that Sony wouldn't release it on a Nintendo console? I wouldn't.
It's not coming out on Nintendo. You are having a meltdown on something that will never happen.

Also the fucking Remake for Horizon on Switch 2? The Switch 2 would struggle with running the game that came out the same week as the OG Switch. Be realistic with your bullshit, the PS4 version of Horizon at least.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Are you sure that the supposed HZD remaster/remake does exist?

The source for that was just an annonimous 4chan post from a couple years ago and still we don't have any oficial confirmation of that remaster/remake being real. And the other things of that "leak" was a mixture of known things back then, several confirmed fake things and things that never have been confirmed or denied, so could just be random guesses.

On top of this, one thing is to release a kids focused Lego spinoff on Switch and another one is to release the mainline entry on Switch / Switch 2. If this remaster/remakes exist (something I highly doubt), I bet it never will be released in non-Sony consoles (in PC handhelds obviously already is available).

Last edited:

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Are you sure that the supposed HZD remaster/remake does exist?

That was just an annonimous 4chan post from a couple years ago and still we don't have any confirmation. And the other things of that "leak" was a mixture of known things back then, several confirmed fake things and things that never have been confirmed or denied so could just be random guesses.
Not sure if we're talking about the same thing, it was a leaked spreadsheet.
jUxzwi9.jpeg

All true so far. We had some cancellations, Redstar aka Twisted Metal was cancelled and so was Camden. Now only Carbon and Horizon Remaster are MIA but I have no doubt that Horizon is still alive.

• brain
Reactions: Muddasar

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Not sure if we're talking about the same thing, it was a leaked spreadsheet.
jUxzwi9.jpeg

All true so far. We had some cancellations, Redstar aka Twisted Metal was cancelled and so was Camden. Now only Carbon and Horizon Remaster are MIA but I have no doubt that Horizon is still alive.
Yes, I'm talking about spreadsheet from 4chan, even if this is an incomplete version.

The removed part in this screenshot features fake things like XDEV workers assigned to games where they never worked (as we saw in the credits when the games got released), junior workers in charge of projects and also in charge of higher ranked staff. Plus also roadmaps that are wrong and don't match with where XDEV was working on the titles.

Most of the things that are right in the list already were known, or minimum rumored, when it was published.

And you can see several things wrong in this chart, just to name a few:
  • Rise of the Ronin (game announced a month before this list was posted online) genre and engine as "TBC" when at that point they were working on it during years.
  • "GaaS" wrongly listed as a game genre when it's business model instead.
  • Ballistic Moon using Decima when already was known back then that they were using Unreal
  • Firesprite's horror adventure wongly listed as survival horror.
  • Not knowing if DS2 -a game that the actor already said were working on- was going to have MP or not
  • Not knowing who was doing the HFW PC port when XDEV is in charge of managing the external development
  • It uses codenames for some games (particularly the made out or rumored ones with no confirmed official name), and real or unoficial games for other ones
  • We saw in the Insomniac leak that "Hunters Gathering" is the codename instead of "Horizon Online"
  • They not knowing Horizon VR engine when back then was under development for years.
  • London Studio's engine mentioned as "custom" instad of using its real name.
  • The list misses several games that were under work at XDEV back then like Helldivers 2, Lego Horizon, Stellar Blade, Convallaria, Lost Soul Aside, Condord, Fairgame$ or Deviation's game plus also many internally developed 1st party games released since then or to be released in the next few years where XDEV also worked.
And well, it's a random Excel/google sheet document instead on a corporate themed one.

So yes, it's fake.

Last edited:

Reaper

16 Aug 2024
Interestingly, Microsoft Japan is the publisher of Minecraft for Nintendo Switch in Japan. The box literally says 日本マイクロソフト (Microsoft Japan)

minecraft_box_art.jpg

24 Jun 2022

The only way it could work for PlayStation is if Sony relegated non-PlayStation systems to getting remaster compilations of prior titles, like the old Sly Cooper games, with modern QOL improvements and such. But preferably, would coincide with an announcement of a new PS5-exclusive Sly Cooper game arriving 1-2 years after such a multiplatform release of the old games via collection.

Another example would be with Until Dawn. Now, had SIE already both released a good stable of exclusives for PS5 AND they were still exclusive to the platform up to this point, then a Day 1 for Until Dawn to PS5 & PC would be acceptable. You can do that every once in a while IMO, if your main platform still has enough genuine exclusives to make that the case. But that's not the case with PS5, and yes I am talking WRT 1P exclusives (3P exclusives are always going to be timed and in some cases just a few months to maybe a year).

However, given the current strategy it would've been optimal to at least have it be a timed PS5 exclusive for a year and then release the PC version. That way you at least encourage some double-dipping. Additionally that strategy would've made something like Until Dawn remake better suited for driving value towards the PS5 Pro near its launch. Instead anyone who's on the fence between getting a Pro or upgrading their PC has one less reason to consider the former knowing they can likely get the best-performing version of a game like Until Dawn on PC Day 1.

And no, I'm not saying Until Dawn is a "killer app" that's going to on its own make people go buy a PS5 Pro or upgrade their PC. It is more about a number of games like it, and a number of those games being console & PC Day 1 just weakens the value proposition of a PS5 Pro bit by bit, before it's even released. But it's most egregious with SIE because the iffy cadence in porting releases from console to PC is clearly evident with their own games, and they are the platform holder of PlayStation. Ultimately it's their games that should be adding valuation to the platform via content differentiation (exclusivity), but it's hard to maximize that if you've got a stable of games releasing Day 1 on PC, some going Day 1 on other consoles, and shortening windows from PS to PC for marquee titles.

Not to mention, the types of games being organized into the porting timeframes is just all over the place; there either isn't a clear (i.e non-conflicting) vision, or the vision doesn't seem fully thought out. At least IMHO.

not really?

Explain how.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Interestingly, Microsoft Japan is the publisher of Minecraft for Nintendo Switch in Japan. The box literally says 日本マイクロソフト (Microsoft Japan)

minecraft_box_art.jpg
Pretty likely as shown before in MLB, Lego Horizon will feature both PS Studios and Solutions 2 GO logos in the Switch box. If there is available space maybe also the Guerrilla and the codevelopers of the game (not TT) Studio Gobo

Reaper

16 Aug 2024
Pretty likely as shown before in MLB, Lego Horizon will feature both PS Studios and Solutions 2 GO logos in the Switch box. If there is available space maybe also the Guerrilla and the codevelopers of the game (not TT) Studio Gobo
Microsoft is the publisher of Minecraft for Nintendo Switch only for the Japanese market, while Mojang is the publisher for other markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.