The Switch version of LEGO Horizon will be distributed by Solutions 2 GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I'm just gonna chip in and say @Yurinka was always a joy to read. He was always respectful, informative and well written.

Although personal insults aren't tolerated here, considering the circonstances, the ban should be made temporary.
The ban I imposed is for 24 hours only.

We have never had an issue with the user or his posts, but yer, we can not allow that type of language.

He should be back tomorrow. ❤️

• party
  • sad
Reactions: arvfab and Ezekiel

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Disappointing that @Yurinka is banned for personal insults when others aren't in the same thread who have a history of personal insults and have examples in this very thread.

Either ban both or no ban.
This guy is so obsessed with me 🤡 always on
my meat in every post. Calling someone who lies a liar is not insulting them.

I'm just gonna chip in and say @Yurinka was always a joy to read. He was always respectful, informative and well written.
Nothing he says is informative, all he does is lie and has been exposed in here countless times. But not surprised a corporate slave like you is going to bat for him. Birds of a feather….and no corporate slave isn’t an insult either, just a fact.

That worthless piece of trash (also not an insult) deserves a lifetime ban, not 1 day.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Nothing he says is informative, all he does is lie and has been exposed in here countless times. But not surprised a corporate slave like you is going to bat for him. Birds of a feather….and no corporate slave isn’t an insult either, just a fact.

That worthless piece of trash (also not an insult) deserves a lifetime ban, not 1 day.
Bro just drop it and put him on ignore

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Disappointing that @Yurinka is banned for personal insults when others aren't in the same thread who have a history of personal insults and have examples in this very thread.

Agree.

The guy that keep insulting others and hating games all the time with made up narratives continue reign free here… it is weird.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

I asked you to stop with the insults, i even gave you specific instructions to stop calling people a corporate slave several weeks ago.

Is @nhomnhoim advising you somewhere?

Take some time off, and when you come back, do not continue down this path, please.

• thisistheway
  • fire
Reactions: Entropi and Ezekiel

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Although personal insults aren't tolerated here, considering the circonstances, the ban should be made temporary.
Thanks.

I don't like to insult and very rarely do it. But obviosly I don't like to get randomly insulted and attacked again and again by someone, even less while moderation allows that person to continue to do it again and again and tells me to put that person in ignore to continue receiving insults and attacks publicly being myself the only one who doesn't see that.

I had patience for a long period of time but some point I ran out of patience and had to defend myself being rude because the lack of proper moderation leads to this as the final option. I will continue doing so when insulted and attacked randomly. Wrongly I'll be the one who will end permabanned instead of who harasses me, but I won't allow to get insulted again.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Thanks.

I don't like to insult and very rarely do it. But obviosly I don't like to get randomly insulted and attacked again and again by someone, even less while moderation allows that person to continue to do it again and again and tells me to put that person in ignore to continue receiving insults and attacks publicly being myself the only one who doesn't see that.

I had patience for a long period of time but some point I ran out of patience and had to defend myself being rude because the lack of proper moderation leads to this as the final option. I will continue doing so when insulted and attacked randomly. Wrongly I'll be the one who will end permabanned instead of who harasses me, but I won't allow to get insulted again.

As someone who's been on the same end of an insults bombardment episode from that same user as you were (and like us, were many others in the forum), I agree that putting people on ignore and not dealing with it is just not a good solution.

One thing I can say from my ~20 year-old experience in forums like this, is that if you put this kind of people on the ignore list and don't defend yourself from the insults and defamation, then eventually the rest of the users without that context will start believing those insults and treat you badly for it.
I guess it's just human nature, as even just a single insult that goes undefended will start a rumor. And if that insult isn't moderated, that rumor will keep feeding a mob mentality among the others.

The ignore list is effective when you conclude that a certain user's positions are e.g. too biased and inflexible for you to ever be able to get a reasonable conversation with them. I do use my ignore list on some users for that end, and that's fine.
However, putting on the ignore list someone who's actively stalking your account and constantly harassing you is going to do you more harm than good.

But the real question here is... why, mods?
I can understand the lack of manpower to moderate every single altercation in due time. What I don't understand is why he gets to repeat that behavior.

Why is JAHGamer allowed to come back after showing time and again that he can't help himself from being toxic to the forum?
This wasn't the first time, nor the second or third. A quick look at the user's post history shows he's been starting fights out of nowhere dozens of times with dozens of different users.
He's also not someone who seems to bring a lot of value and insight into the forum's themes, like e.g. @John Elden Ring does.

This is an honest question, as some context could be helpful even for other users to understand the mods' position. Is this someone with a mental health disorder who needs the forum as therapy? Is this someone going through bad times and the mods know this?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Yurinka and ethomaz

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
It's a fucking nightmare when someone continuously derails the thread that people will tend not to post or they will refute the bullshit. It's hard to turn those threads around. Ignore only works when they are not spamming and derailing like the new time.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
But the real question here is... why, mods?
I can understand the lack of manpower to moderate every single altercation in due time. What I don't understand is why he gets to repeat that behavior.

Why is JAHGamer allowed to come back after showing time and again that he can't help himself from being toxic to the forum?
I think reading this stickied thread (the whole thread, but particularly at the end of this post), you can undestand why.

It also explains why I'm the one who gets banned and being told to apologize when ran out of patience and fight back after being patient during so many unprovoked insults and personal attacks that don't get properly moderated, like the one almost at the end of that thread that is still there and I assume that user didn't even got a warning for it.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
This place is officially worse than Resetera...didn't think that was possible but it is.

Trash like @Yurinka and @ethomaz are allowed to constantly lie 24/7 without any repercussion. And if you call the liars out for lying, it's seen as worse than actually lying 🤡 what a joke

And the worthless corporate slaves like @Plextorage @voke @Remember_Spinal @Ezekiel @Entropi and @Dick Jones are legitimately worse than the worst green rats on RE. They are so far up Sony's ass they make the RE Phil zealots look like normal people. Sad that this site was founded because "dooming" about Sony was frowned upon on other boards, but now if you say anything bad about Sony, you get a bunch of these braindead corporate slaves who get triggered by the slightest critique and chase you around to harass you on every thread.

And then there are the mouth breathing pricks that share a single braincell between them like @ToTTenTranz and @Vertigo who suffer from severe dunning kruger, typing essays with their awful takes as if anyone cares about their retarded opinions 🤣

I'm out @Sircaw @Bryank75 @Al Catone @TubzGaming delete my account please. Yall banned all the best posters and then relegated the few good ones left to a crappy doom thread that is still full of worthless corporate apologists who can't handle the truth.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
This place is officially worse than Resetera...didn't think that was possible but it is.

Trash like @Yurinka and @ethomaz are allowed to constantly lie 24/7 without any repercussion. And if you call the liars out for lying, it's seen as worse than actually lying 🤡 what a joke

And the worthless corporate slaves like @Plextorage @voke @Remember_Spinal @Ezekiel @Entropi and @Dick Jones are legitimately worse than the worst green rats on RE. They are so far up Sony's ass they make the RE Phil zealots look like normal people. Sad that this site was founded because "dooming" about Sony was frowned upon on other boards, but now if you say anything bad about Sony, you get a bunch of these braindead corporate slaves who get triggered by the slightest critique and chase you around to harass you on every thread.

And then there are the mouth breathing pricks that share a single braincell between them like @ToTTenTranz and @Vertigo who suffer from severe dunning kruger, typing essays with their awful takes as if anyone cares about their retarded opinions 🤣

I'm out @Sircaw @Bryank75 @Al Catone @TubzGaming delete my account please. Yall banned all the best posters and then relegated the few good ones left to a crappy doom thread that is still full of worthless corporate apologists who can't handle the truth.
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

Hey man don't go 🤔

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Status
Not open for further replies.