The Verge: Pentiment is set to be the first game to go multiplatform

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Maybe they choose first smaller games that didn't generate a lot of buzz and didn't sell a shit, like Pentiment or Hi-Fi Rush, to make the fanboys get used to it while avoiding riots for seeing their biggest IPs like Halo, Forza Horizon, Forza, Gears, etc. getting ported.

And then, once fanboys are used and no longer complain then they start porting their biggest IPs.

Regarding future games, all pre-acquisition IPs that already were in rival consoles (Minecraft, CoD, Elder Scrolls...) would continue releasing day one in rival consoles, some now also including (in cases where can be run decently there) Nintendo, as they do with Minecraft.

All post-acquisition IPs (Hi-Fi Rush, Pentiment, Starfield, Sea of Thieves...) plus the not acquired MGS IPs (Halo, Gears, Forza...) would be released on all rival consoles after a year of timed console exclusivity.

That would keep for their fans timed console exclusivity of some games plus also having them day one on GP (they won't announce it next week but I assume they'll remove faster the games from GP and I also think in the near future they'll stop adding their games day one to GP).

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
more cheaper but powerful hardware. cheaper game pass.
Why would they do it tho? Do you think they care about you?

You are less than nothing to them, you are someone who thinks Gamepass and Xbox hardware should cost less when they are already pretty much giving them away for free.

They'll value a PlayStation user that buys their games far more then they value you.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

jimmy289

5 Feb 2024
Why would they do it tho? Do you think they care about you?

You are less than nothing to them, you are someone who thinks Gamepass and Xbox hardware should cost less when they are already pretty much giving them away for free.

They'll value a PlayStation user that buys their games far more then they value you.
Why would i care about MS finances. I care more about my own wallet.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Why would i care about MS finances. I care more about my own wallet.
MS cares about their own wallet too, their business plan isn't for the likes of you to leach of them forever. You were just useful pawns to spread the word of gamepass when they viewed that as their future, that failed and they are moving on.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

jimmy289

5 Feb 2024
MS cares about their own wallet too, their business plan isn't for the likes of you to leach of them forever. You were just useful pawns to spread the word of gamepass when they viewed that as their future, that failed and they are moving on.
As long I get cheap game pass. I keep using it til the party ends I guess.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Pentiment was an enjoyable experience. I have no reason to buy it again though.

HiFi Rush remains overrated mediocrity

jimmy289

5 Feb 2024
I think this is a test run ..put out the smaller games. See how well they do. Then if it performs well...release the big hitters. but on a timed delay.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Ok Hi fi rush and Pentiment are the first to be ported on others platforms.
Sea of Thieves is scheduled for later this year.
But the most importantly it's the other games are under consideration could follow.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I vividly remember back in summer of 2022 John Sawyer (Pentiments director) making a statement that implied it would eventually go multiplatform.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Released:
Psychonauts 87
As Dusk Falls
GhostWire: Tokyo 75 (temporary PlayStation console exclusive, PS+)
Death Loop 88 (temporary PlayStation console exclusive, PS+)

Confirmed:
Pentiment 86
Hi-fi Rush 87
Sea of Thieves

Rummors:
Starfield 83
Fligh Simulator 90
Gears of War series
Indiana Jones (
Unreleased)
Blade (announced without any mention of platforms)

• Informative
Reactions: Cool hand luke