The Verge: Pentiment is set to be the first game to go multiplatform

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Released:
Psychonauts 87
As Dusk Falls
GhostWire: Tokyo 75 (temporary PlayStation console exclusive, PS+)
Death Loop 88 (temporary PlayStation console exclusive, PS+)

Confirmed:
Pentiment 86
Hi-fi Rush 87
Sea of Thieves

Rummors:
Starfield 83
Fligh Simulator 90
Gears of War series
Indiana Jones (
Unreleased)
Blade (announced without any mention of platforms)
I do not like metacritic as no one really reviews games past their launch week/month on their unless they're diehard fanboys.

Sea of Thieves is absolutely not a 69, i'd say low 80's as the game can get somewhat stale after a bit, it's a major grind-fest. It's definitely much, much better with friends than it is solo, unless you were to play on Safer Seas, then its fun no matter what, but I think you get less xp/loot for doing so, I could be wrong, it's been a while since I last played that game.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I do not like metacritic as no one really reviews games past their launch week/month on their unless they're diehard fanboys.

Sea of Thieves is absolutely not a 69, i'd say low 80's as the game can get somewhat stale after a bit, it's a major grind-fest. It's definitely much, much better with friends than it is solo, unless you were to play on Safer Seas, then its fun no matter what, but I think you get less xp/loot for doing so, I could be wrong, it's been a while since I last played that game.
I tried Sea of Thieves once (don't know how close to release it was) and it honestly sucked, I can't believe is isn't F2P.

I was just pointing out how ironically these are some of the best reviewed Xbox games being made available on PlayStation.

The only "big" thing left seems to be Forza Horizon.

Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I tried Sea of Thieves once (don't know how close to release it was) and it honestly sucked, I can't believe is isn't F2P.

I was just pointing out how ironically these are some of the best reviewed Xbox games being made available on PlayStation.

The only "big" thing left seems to be Forza Horizon.
I'd be more inclined to treat rumors as rumors, there were way too many games listed for a sensible business model. You have a point though, SoT sucked absolute garbage at release because there was next to nothing to do, but nowadays it almost feels like there is too much to do, back then, when I was grinding and got Pirate Legend, it was about server hopping to find Skull Forts (big skull in the sky, green when no one is there, red when its being attacked) for a whole bunch of loot that sells for a lot of gold and reputation.

Nowadays, I have no idea what the strat is, there's a lot to do, but I haven't had the feeling of wanting to do it because I am past my PvP prime in that game, Safer Seas would probably be the place for me.

Forza Horizon is huge, Motorsport is mid. I'm more hyped for Fable more than anything, though, it sucks we haven't heard anything since the last direct it was shown at.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They are starting by Pentiment, As Dusk Falls and Hi-fi, small games nobody cares about, so the xbots don't eat them alive. All of them flopped on PC and they will flop on PS and Switch too.

Starfield and Indiana will be announced later.

Reactions: saltyashell

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
image.png

"super smart"
oifL7F.gif

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Lol, the new copium. It's super smart and people will definitely flock over to xbox after playing AA games that even xbox hardcore don't play.

That entire fanbase and Microsoft's shills and astroturfers are truly deranged. Fucking hell I have NEVER seen a group of people suck a company off that much.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'd be more inclined to treat rumors as rumors, there were way too many games listed for a sensible business model. You have a point though, SoT sucked absolute garbage at release because there was next to nothing to do, but nowadays it almost feels like there is too much to do, back then, when I was grinding and got Pirate Legend, it was about server hopping to find Skull Forts (big skull in the sky, green when no one is there, red when its being attacked) for a whole bunch of loot that sells for a lot of gold and reputation.

Nowadays, I have no idea what the strat is, there's a lot to do, but I haven't had the feeling of wanting to do it because I am past my PvP prime in that game, Safer Seas would probably be the place for me.

Forza Horizon is huge, Motorsport is mid. I'm more hyped for Fable more than anything, though, it sucks we haven't heard anything since the last direct it was shown at.
MS going full third party makes a lot more sense than their current business model of bleeding money trying to make Gamepass and Xbox happen.

Everything we got so far lines up perfectly with this leak as well:

7Pgko36.jpg

Personally I don't really give a shit about any of their games (if I did I would play them on PC), I'm just hyped for Xbox to die it's very deserved death. Phil Spencer sucks and deserves to be shamed for the horrible work he has done at Xbox in the past 15+ years.

image.png

"super smart"
oifL7F.gif
That doesn't make any sense, why would porting these games to PS5 make PlayStation players want to buy an Xbox?

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
That doesn't make any sense, why would porting these games to PS5 make PlayStation players want to buy an Xbox?
Because it's not about making sense, facts or the truth with this crowd. It's just "get something positive out there even if you have to make it up.". It's why that fanbase has screwed up any meaningful gaming conversation wherever they pop up.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
MS going full third party makes a lot more sense than their current business model of bleeding money trying to make Gamepass and Xbox happen.

Everything we got so far lines up perfectly with this leak as well:

7Pgko36.jpg

Personally I don't really give a shit about any of their games (if I did I would play them on PC), I'm just hyped for Xbox to die it's very deserved death. Phil Spencer sucks and deserves to be shamed for the horrible work he has done at Xbox in the past 15+ years.

I'm just hyped for Xbox to die it's very deserved death.

See, this is where I do not align, I don't think any competition, whether or not its good competition, should die. I personally don't count Nintendo as competition with PlayStation because they aren't in the same markets, the only one that is in the same market as PS is Xbox, and without Xbox. I do not think PlayStation will be as good as they are now, I may be nihilistic but I think without competition, one grows complacent far too easily. Phil Spencer dug Xbox back out of the grave that Don Mattrick put it in from that awful Xbox One reveal where they focused way too much on TV and Entertainment rather than Gaming. Phil definitely hasn't done a great job at all in leading Xbox since then, though, there is too much focus on cloud and play anywhere rather than games.

Sure, play anywhere is a great idea, and it works, but what is the point in playing anywhere when you have a hardware install base that wants you to give them something more to enjoy rather than undercooked games that should have been cancelled a la Redfall, I still feel so bad for Arkane Austin, they did NOT want to work on that mess of a game Zenimax threw on them all those years ago.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
See, this is where I do not align, I don't think any competition, whether or not its good competition, should die. I personally don't count Nintendo as competition with PlayStation because they aren't in the same markets, the only one that is in the same market as PS is Xbox, and without Xbox. I do not think PlayStation will be as good as they are now, I may be nihilistic but I think without competition, one grows complacent far too easily. Phil Spencer dug Xbox back out of the grave that Don Mattrick put it in from that awful Xbox One reveal where they focused way too much on TV and Entertainment rather than Gaming. Phil definitely hasn't done a great job at all in leading Xbox since then, though, there is too much focus on cloud and play anywhere rather than games.

Sure, play anywhere is a great idea, and it works, but what is the point in playing anywhere when you have a hardware install base that wants you to give them something more to enjoy rather than undercooked games that should have been cancelled a la Redfall, I still feel so bad for Arkane Austin, they did NOT want to work on that mess of a game Zenimax threw on them all those years ago.
My issue is that Xbox's idea of competition is just gobbling up third party publishers and interfering with Playstation's third party support in a very permanent and damaging way.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
My issue is that Xbox's idea of competition is just gobbling up third party publishers and interfering with Playstation's third party support in a very permanent and damaging way.
I wouldn't at all say in a permanent way, nothing that was coming PS really hit it off besides Hi-Fi Rush, everything else "flopped" as much as I hate that term, Redfall was DoA and Starfield actually seems to still be getting updates and attempting to salvage their problems. I do agree they're far too focused on acquiring rather than creating though, I don't even know what half the studios are even doing anymore.

There were a few games that I'm looking forward to but I will not remember the name of them because they don't even talk about them often. I think one was... South at Midnight and obviously Fable. (there's more but I for real do not remember them right now)

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I wouldn't at all say in a permanent way, nothing that was coming PS really hit it off besides Hi-Fi Rush, everything else "flopped" as much as I hate that term, Redfall was DoA and Starfield actually seems to still be getting updates and attempting to salvage their problems. I do agree they're far too focused on acquiring rather than creating though, I don't even know what half the studios are even doing anymore.

There were a few games that I'm looking forward to but I will not remember the name of them because they don't even talk about them often. I think one was... South at Midnight and obviously Fable. (there's more but I for real do not remember them right now)
I just really don't like having to worry about whether I'll be able to keep playing things like Persona and Yakuza on my PlayStation because MS wants to keep sniffing around the industry with a checkbook in an attempt to buy themselves a permanent upper hand.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

Nintendo and Steam are far better competition today than Xbox ever was. Xbox competition brought us paid online, paywall, push for always online, push for microtransactions, push to kill physical media, Kinect, Series S garbage hardware, false promises of VR and Hololens, push for an adorably all digital future, decades of low quality games, push for GaaS, toxicity, FUD, shills, PR spins, consolidation, Games for Windows Live, trash MS store on PC, etc.

You seems extremely ignorant of Xbox history, anyone that knows Xbox knows that Phil Spencer is the one that dig the hole, in 2008 he was already head of MS Studios and their bad output of games was always their main shortcoming. In the 15+ Phil year Spencer was in charge of Xbox games, what new successful IP did he introduced? What were the classics games he released? What games he green lit contended for GoTY? Phil Spencer fucking sucks, stop blaming Don Mattrick for everything and face reality.

That is the problem with you Xbots, even the stuff you say about Xbox makes no sense and contradict themselves. If Don Mattrick was so evil for to put an end to used discs why do you praise Phil Spencer for pushing an all digital future with no game ownership?

Last edited: