‘There’s going to be more change’: Phil Spencer speaks on Indy PS5 news

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
If PlayStation putting 60% of their resources day and date on PC with their tentpole single player games coming to PC soon after launch isn't "crumbling" then I don't know what to tell you.

The market is radically changing and some of y'all want to keep your head in the sand.
Is the market radically changing because xbox is failing with their gamepass and multiplatform strategy so youre changing the narattives to everybody going multiplat to fit everyone into xbox position?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Is the market radically changing because xbox is failing with their gamepass and multiplatform strategy so youre changing the narattives to everybody going multiplat to fit everyone into xbox position?
You guys keep saying the same thing. "Only XBox is going multiplatform!"

Bur I've already addressed this. PlayStation and Square have quickly moved away from platform exclusivity along with the rest of the industry.

Heck, even Valve is making Deadlock for consoles.

Why does everyone in the industry know multiplatform is the future but you guys don't?

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
You guys keep saying the same thing. "Only XBox is going multiplatform!"

Bur I've already addressed this. PlayStation and Square have quickly moved away from platform exclusivity along with the rest of the industry.

Heck, even Valve is making Deadlock for consoles.

Why does everyone in the industry know multiplatform is the future but you guys don't?
Because you talk like an xbox fanboys and paroting what the xbox shill like colteastwood etc been saying on X

Xbox is going multiplat so everyone should follow them

Reactions: Sloane_Ranger

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
I just don't like having to buy every console
It's annoying, expensive, and takes up space
"Don't do it then and just pick one"
And miss out on a game I want? Fat chance.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
5 years ago you couldn't convince anyone on the internet that PlayStation would release their exclusives on PC.

A lot can happen in 5 years.
ok so tell me the logic in sony putting their games xbox when they sell 1/3 the consoles.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Because you talk like an xbox fanboys and paroting what the xbox shill like colteastwood etc been saying on X
I think you're projecting.

If anything, I'm a PlayStation fan because their pivot to Live Service has been impossibly impressive. Jim Ryan will go down as the GOAT for how he saved PlayStation.

Xbox is going multiplat so everyone should follow them
PlayStation is spending 60% of their resources on day and date PC games. They're releasing their tentpole single player franchises on an ever shrinking window. Everyone is going multiplatform.

This you:

monty-python-im-great.gif

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
I think you're projecting.

If anything, I'm a PlayStation fan because their pivot to Live Service has been impossibly impressive. Jim Ryan will go down as the GOAT for how he saved PlayStation.

PlayStation is spending 60% of their resources on day and date PC games. They're releasing their tentpole single player franchises on an ever shrinking window. Everyone is going multiplatform.

This you:

monty-python-im-great.gif
You re a weird playstation fans if ive ever seen one

Never seen a playstation fans happy with day and date announcement with pc after what happened to xbox

You smells like a green rat to me

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
PC, not XBox. Multiplatform is anything other than PlayStation platforms.
So why should we care Sony is porting to PC? Are we going to act like that negates all the content PS gets? Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, FF7R, Astrobot etc. Every year content that can only be played on PS releases, timed or not, and nothing seems to indicate that this will stop.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
PC, not XBox. Multiplatform is anything other than PlayStation platforms.
That just means playstation console exclusive. Sure it's on multiple platforms but if the only console something is on is Playstation does that really count as multiplat for console gamers? It doesn't really make a difference for Switch and Xbox owners. You talk about multiplat as if PC is the only thing that matters

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
That just means playstation console exclusive. Sure it's on multiple platforms but if the only console something is on is Playstation does that really count as multiplat for console gamers? It doesn't really make a difference for Switch and Xbox owners. You talk about multiplat as if PC is the only thing that matters
PC & PlayStation is multiplatform.

Are we really trying to redefine words now? Not terribly interested in that.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
PC will have a net positive effect on the types of game PlayStation creates moving forward.
I dont think PC is relevant to the types of games being developed
God of War for example may be on PC but it's designed to be played with a controller. Yes you can use a controller on PC, but that just means the types of games don't need to change to accommodate the platform. I dont see how Sony releasing games on PC would affect the types of games developed, unless you think Sony is gonna make a mouse centric RTS in the near future (doubtful). If you mean more money for high end AAA, they already make high end AAA

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
I dont think PC is relevant to the types of games being developed
God of War for example may be on PC but it's designed to be played with a controller. Yes you can use a controller on PC, but that just means the types of games don't need to change to accommodate the platform. I dont see how Sony releasing games on PC would affect the types of games developed, unless you think Sony is gonna make a mouse centric RTS in the near future (doubtful). If you mean more money for high end AAA, they already make high end AAA
Games are made based on their potential market.

The PC market prefers different games than the console market so it would be impossible not to have an effect.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
You shouldn't. That's my whole point. PC will have a net positive effect on the types of game PlayStation creates moving forward.
This is tiresome argument but sony would be in the same positioned as xbox today if they follow that policy

Nobody gona needs a playstation 5 if their games can be get elsewhere

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
This is tiresome argument but sony would be in the same positioned as xbox today if they follow that policy

Nobody gona needs a playstation 5 if their games can be get elsewhere
False. Console provides tangible benefits over PC in many areas.

Reactions: TrishaCat