Totoki PS President wants to improve margins with releases outside console.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I clearly said translation are never 100% accurate and you can never get the true meaning across from one language to another.

I speak 4 languages natively and it simply cannot be done 100%

You were literally analysing every word in the English Translation.

I mean come now. What the hell is this. Ridiculous.
If you could never get the true meaning across from one language to another, then language barriers would be even harder than they already are and translations would make no sense. I'm analyzing every word there because that is what is in my face.

I will literally ask my Japanese friend about if you want me to, I have no idea when he would answer though.

Anyways, the translator is there to make sure that it makes sense and it gets the point across to the other language. That is their entire job. Even Japanese idioms can be translated to make sense in English, it just takes extra words and the understanding of the original idiom.

My girlfriend is Armenian and she has been able to explain Armenian phrases in English very easily.

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
If you could never get the true meaning across from one language to another, then language barriers would be even harder than they already are and translations would make no sense. I'm analyzing every word there because that is what is in my face.

I will literally ask my Japanese friend about if you want me to, I have no idea when he would answer though.

Go ask him. Tell him to translate it and I guarantee you it won’t be identical to this English translation.

Isn’t this the same English Translation which was debunked by a Japanese guy which said the “PS5 is in the latter stage of its life” when in fact in meant the “PS5 is in the Latter half of its life

See the difference. That’s translation for you. Never 100%.

You were nit picking every English word.

"synergy", "in the past, we wanted to popularize console" , "not only with our console, but also other platforms, like computers." , "First party can be grown with multi-platforms and that can help operating profit to improve."

Ridiculous.

Reactions: Diah
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I mean the reality is the term "lost in translation" is very real and came about obviously because some translations are not 1:1 even if ppl are paid translators. Shit in some languages some words you find in other languages dont even exist and transkatir has to do his/her best to work around that.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I mean the reality is the term "lost in translation" is very real and came about obviously because some translations are not 1:1 even if ppl are paid translators. Shit in some languages some words you find in other languages dont even exist and transkatir has to do his/her best to work around that.

Exactly.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I speak 3 languages, 2 of them being romance languages. In a lot of circumstances you cannot get the true meaning from one language to another, even if these languages belong to the same family (Portuguese / Spanish, German / Danish, etc) @Muddasar is absolutely correct.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Come on, guys. arguing about improper translation is just coping now.

He said what he said. Which, by the way, doesn't include going 3rd party.

Reactions: Muddasar

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
image.png

image.png

Think it shows there how live service is PS-PC and that’s where the synergy comes from.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Multi platform releases from the horses mouth.

Wasn't I called an Xbox fanboy and a sleepy brown alt for saying that?

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Thread title is misleading. Totoki doesn't mention releasing first party games on any other consoles. He specifically refers to "other platforms like computers" in the full quote. Nothing he says speaks to any kind of definitive shift in release strategy, just that he wants to "proactively work on" things and improve "operating profit". Almost like he's trying to say all the important buzz words to investors without making any substantive commitments to anything.

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I've seen enough.

Sony has no plans to release their games in competing consoles, they were clearly referring to PC, cloud/streaming and mobile.

The thread title was edited accordingly.

I strongly advise people to think carefully before insisting on spreading misinformation.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There is no source. It's made up FUD.
The slide is 100% legit made by Sony.
It is even in Sony docs at Sony financials site.

There is nothing new in the slide btw… Sony brought Nixxes to do PC ports and the other company to do Mobile games.

What is show in this slide is already happened it for years.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Evilms
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I've seen enough.

Sony has no plans to release their games in competing consoles, they were clearly referring to PC, cloud/streaming and mobile.

The thread title was edited accordingly.

I strongly advise people to think carefully before insisting on spreading misinformation.
Thank you and I agree.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Live service games obviously.

Somehow this has been spun as All games Day 1.

It's been a constant push, there are accounts all over social media saying the same lines and it all stinks of Microsoft tactics...

Overwhelming the online discourse with bots, shills and reputation managers to push everyone, like herding cattle in the desired direction.

It's all about weakening PlayStations position in the market by any means and Sony leadership seem to have bought it.

Reactions: Diah