UK Market: PS5 Sales Up 68%, PS4 Sales Are Also Up 331% So Far This Year, DualSense Is The Best-Selling Accessory. PlayStation Remains The Market Lead

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Also, for those that really want to read what Bloomberg said about FF16 [congrats @adamsapple for derailing yet another thread with your petty lies]

By Vlad Savov and Takashi Mochizuki
August 7, 2023 at 2:05 AM GMT+1
Updated on
August 7, 2023 at 4:32 AM GMT+1

Square Enix Holdings Co. shares suffered their worst intraday drop in almost three years, erasing a little over a year’s worth of gains, after the company reported a 79% decline in operating profit.

Hopes that Final Fantasy XVI would boost sales were dashed by the company’s downbeat earnings report Friday, driving the stock down as much as 15% in Tokyo on Monday. Shares were trading at around ¥5,620 at midday, their lowest since May of last year. Both the Topix Index and MSCI AC Asia Pacific Index were up around 0.3%.

Sales of the latest installment of the long-running role-playing title did not meet the high end of the company’s expectations, Square Enix President Takashi Kiryu told analysts on a post-earnings call Friday, according to three people who attended.

Slow adoption of Sony Group Corp.’s PlayStation 5 was a limiting factor, Kiryu reportedly said. Now that hardware supply constraints have dissipated, Square Enix plans to take steps to boost sales as more people use the PS5, he said. A Square Enix spokesperson declined to comment.

Edit: did not include the full article since its not allowed in the forum, and the bottom half of it is not really relevant.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
And yesterday I tried to show in another thread that FFXVI dropped from the chats....
Well it is happening acrosss all data we got in July.
And yes including digital.

And people are in denial with Square Enix own words in their financials QA because it was reported first by the Boomberg guy... actually it was not reported first but him but Square Enix really said they have a low expectation and a high expectation... they only archive the low one but of course they wanted to reach the high expectations.

And yes they blamed the PS5 only release but somehow forget the PS4 version alone of previous entries put bigger numbers so even with multiplatform release the situaion probably won't change but they could have reached with multiplatform release the numbers than PS4 alone did in the past FFs.

The game independent of how you liked or hated it is showing big drop in numbers compared with the previous entry... if that is not worring then it is at least a yeallow flat at Square Enix for the franchise right now... they talked about to try to increase sales with different actions after the earnings... let's see what they will do.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Speaking of won't be there.

Final Fantasy 16 already done? I guess those reports about Square being disappointed with the sales weren't fluff.
You are right about FFXVI.

But before you try to spin that in somehow console war you should realize that releasing on Xbox could not change what is happening related to FFXVI sales.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vertigo

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
And people are in denial with Square Enix own words in their financials QA because it was reported first by the Boomberg guy... actually it was not reported first but him but Square Enix really said they have a low expectation and a high expectation... they only archive the low one but of course they wanted to reach the high expectations.

Just because they didn't hit their upper end doesn't mean they were at the bottom end. There's a whole range in between.

They literally said the results were strong, and results can be strong while failing to meet high-end expectations.

You right here.

But before you try to spoin you should realize that releasing on Xbox won't change the issue of FFXVI sales.

Of course you're the moron that's going to agree with the other moron.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Just because they didn't hit their upper end doesn't mean they were at the bottom end. There's a whole range in between.

They literally said the results were strong, and results can be strong while failing to meet high-end expectations.

Of course you're the moron that's going to agree with the other moron.
They said they hit the lower of their expectations.... I guess that as they barely reached the low expectations.
But we have numbers... 3 million is the only data they shared in these near 2 months.... compare with previous titles and you will understand what Square Enix said.

I still have no ideia why the sales of FFXVI become a taboo in this site and most can't see the reality anymore.
The sales are not good... and more the time pass it become more evident with more data.

With less than 2 months FFXV had reached the 6 million milestone after initial 5 million.

Reactions: Vertigo

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Why are you using an article whose source has always lied about anything Playstation related?

As a wise man said:

Bro I'm not the source police. I see news and post it's up to the community to decide what they take from it.

Second, the games drop from the charts in both UK and Japan is self-evident. Do you think it's gonna be in the top 10 of NPD/Circana next month ?

You are about FFXVI.

But before you try to spin that in somehow console war you should realize that releasing on Xbox could not change what is happening related to FFXVI sales.

I didn't even bring up anything about the game coming to Xbox, I'm just talking about the games sales disappointment regardless of what platforms it's on.

You'd think that makes puts me on the lower end of the console warrior spectrum here, huh ?

But, yes, to your point. The game is out of the UK sales chart, the game is all the way out of the Japanese sales chart and odds are high it will be out of the NPD sales chart in the next reporting as well.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
As a wise man said:

Bro I'm not the source police. I see news and post it's up to the community to decide what they take from it.

Second, the games drop from the charts in both UK and Japan is self-evident. Do you think it's gonna be in the top 10 of NPD/Circana next month ?

I didn't even bring up anything about the game coming to Xbox, I'm just talking about the games sales disappointment regardless of what platforms it's on.

You'd think that makes puts me on the lower end of the console warrior spectrum here, huh ?

But, yes, to your point. The game is out of the UK sales chart, the game is all the way out of the Japanese sales chart and odds are high it will be out of the NPD sales chart in the next reporting as well.
Adam you make me literally laugh everytime I see your posts. I know ppl hate that you troll but I'd rather have you here making me laugh with some of your hot takes 😂😂😂🤣. I see you on gaf too with your green armor on defending the mountain due, dorito nation. I fucks with you lol. You must be a member of the Xbox insider program for a long time now. That free gamepass and swag got you committed asf👍😭

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: ethomaz

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
In third position is Xbox Series S and X. Microsoft's console saw sales tumble 12% in July compared with June. So far this year, Xbox console sales are down 22.8%
Xbox down 12% for July and 23% for the year. I thought the old COD games from the 360 era made the demand explode 🤡

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
As an aside, sales of PS4 are up 331% so far this year.

my god who are these people still buying ps4 in 2023

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
It's time to stop pretending that FFXVI is great or successful. It's yet another divisive entry that will fade away due to its unremarkable old design and technological deficiencies.

Regarding Xbox... it shows how massively important Starfield is for its fanbase, brand, console, and its current business model.

Sony is in such a strong position, and yet they show ambition and set their expectations even higher (they are competing with themselves at this point).

I don't care about Nintendo at all

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
My longtime Chelsea fan bro clivethomaz Mudryk always obssesed with final fantasy 16

let it go my friend Jill Warick isnt meant to be with you
View attachment 2042View attachment 2043
I'm dead 🤣 He looks just like the character. Good job! I tell you got to love this forum. Look at Ethos face though, he look like he about to kill and eat a thousand trolls 😭😭😭