[UPDATE: Debunked] Sony VR2 production cuts due to low pre-orders

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Did Sony ever talk about expected sales numbers? All I could find was analyst expectations.
No.

Mochizuki/Bloomberg made up some supposed Sony sales expectations, and later in another article he made up that Sony decreased them. This is also the guy who in multiple times supposedly leaked Switch Pro stuff, and also in the past made up bad news for Sony that were also publicly debunked by Sony.

This folk has zero credibility, VG Chartz should hire him.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

I don't want to make another thread for more bullshit from Microsofts extended PR team, but I thought this was worth a share.

Interesting that this article from FORBES drops less than a day after the Bloomberg article is debunked. These two rags work in tandem to bring negative PR news.

Forbes are the one who lied about chip shortages and wiped $1 billion off of Sony stock price...
The article is full of bullshit.
  • PSVR 2 Is Priced At $550 (yes, cheaper than the PSVR1 kit at launch and cheaper than the other high end VR kits)
  • You Need A PS5 To Play It (yes, cheaper than the hardware required for high end PC VR. Standalone Quest 2 only is capable of running cheap mobile games, a totally different experience)
  • It Has a Cord (yes, required for optimal experience in high end VR plus avoid having to worry about batteries)
  • Launch Games Are Limited (it has the best launch lineup any VR device ever had, with around twice the output of games announced for the launch window and first/second year compared to PSVR1 plus the ones to be announced later)
  • PSVR 2 Is Not Backward Compatible (most of its main games already have a patch announced)

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You are dead wrong. SEGA fanboys were saying that since SEGA quit the console business.
Then the Sega fanboys are dumbs and they fit right in with their new compadres :cool:

I guess they didn't play Yakuza on PS2 too?

The only thing Sony did was releasing a console that was way better and more popular like 2 years later. The Dreamcast was already dead with or without the PS2.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Then the Sega fanboys are dumbs and they fit right in with their new compadres :cool:

I guess they didn't play Yakuza on PS2 too?

The only thing Sony did was releasing a console that was way better and more popular like 2 years later. The Dreamcast was already dead with or without the PS2.
And if SEGA had been smarter about releasing multiplat sooner, they might have avoided needing to be bought out by Sammy.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters