Update TLOU2 Remastered "No Return" gameplay vids. Coming to PS5 Jan 19, 2025. How to upgrade inside

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’ll hold off on my attempt to try and enjoy this again when the $10 update is discounted a bit. In no rush and the release is close enough where I have no intention to play it anytime soon.

And for all of those crying about Playstation games not being announced or shown up to 2 years before their release… LOOK! Sony revealing 3-6 months before launch just like every other major game they’ve announced. They did such early reveals for Concord etc in that showcase and that was a mistake. If you prefer to be trolled with vaporware there’s a fake as fuck Fable 2029 trailer for you out there somewhere.

Nintendo itself proved that low cost YouTube uploads have been more succesful than e3-like media extravaganzas. Y’all want the blowout for the hype and list wars bullshit. Once again, now look at Xbox and all the vaporware they announced. Fantards will make lists while still waiting, waiting, and waiting for Phil to prove he’s not full of shit as Series SuX becomes the worst performing Xbox ever.

But the actual effective and succesful strategy has been reveals less than a year before launch.

Bu bu bu nothing. PS5 is outpacing PS4. Monster success with their strategies. You may not like it but it works. I don’t doubt it

PS - the remaster is worth the effort due to the success of the show alone. I don’t even have to be a fan of ND but all this does is create an even better market to sell a TLOU3 and the multiplayer game.

PPS - no doubt whatsoever that a pc release will follow within six months. The remaster is meant to facilite that. Can’t have pc players playing a vastly superior version and ps players getting shafted with a bc job.

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
We've heard the "new team is working on it" excuse before.

It was for TLOU1 "remake". I guess the new team needs a few more games to get good..

• haha
Reactions: Frozone

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
It’s unfortunate that services like welfarepass has conditioned a generation of gamers to expect updates for free. Especially with the amount of work and content being mentioned. Looking forward to those same players learning they have to earn wages after leaving moms. I’m sure reality will match the fictional world they live in.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Yes

If they didnt waste too much time for factions or another pc ports, remake, remaster..we should be getting tlou3 trailer by now or at least at the end of year...game released in 2024..and ND new game project should start not long after that
Lol And yet, you don’t give Rockstar that same type of criticism. When they‘ve released two games in 10 years and they’ve also released many remasters.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Lol for what insomniac already doing their 4th game in the span of 6 year

If Wolverine comes up 2024 make it five

Larian already start working on new game now after baldurs gate 3

Sony Santa Monica about to release god of war ragnarok expansion dlc next year

Whats neil druckman up to? Guy seems too busy with the movie stage
And yet none of those 4 games will touch ND’s next game on Metacritic or with GOTY Awards. Lol

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Lol And yet, you don’t give Rockstar that same type of criticism. When they‘ve released two games in 10 years and they’ve also released many remasters.

Not exactly the same. Rockstar pivoted to GTA online for revenues and from what I’ve seen in passing (haven’t played gta since 3) has consistently dropped content for it. I doubt either dev is resting on their laurels.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
3 of their recent game getting nominated for goty ( spiderman in 2018, rachet in 2021 and spiderman 2 in 2023) you cant really underestimate them anymore

What naughty dog doing right now is kinda remind me of those constant rerelases of RE4, GTA5, Skyrim ( milking ip to the last drop). Im not saying its wrong that just not interesting thing to do coming from ND i really expect more

Imagine this comparison

Naughty Dog on PS3

Uncharted 1

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

The Last of Us

4 brand new game not a single remake/remaster on sight

Naught Dog now on PS5 ( so far)

Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy remaster

TLOU1 remake

TLOU2 remake

In terms of creativity theres a huge difference now isnt it ? Something deff changed there in ND
They get nominated for GOTY, but unlike ND, they don’t win them. SM was a distant 3rd or 4th in 2018, it was a two horse race between GOW and RDR2. 2021 was a shit year, and no one is really considering SM2 a GOTY winner. This will also be another two horse race. Insomniac makes good games. But ND makes generational defining games, and like Rockstar and Zelda, they take time.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
10 is great, does it get a new trophy list?

Do we get all the trophies automatically if we completed before?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Whats really the point of this remaster
Same as the one from the other remasters, or the brand new games: to make money selling it

It was for TLOU1 "remake". I guess the new team needs a few more games to get good..
As far as we know ND is working right now on at least 3 games under development:

• TLOU Online (biggest ND project ever, so must have a lot of people working on it)
  • "brand new single player experience" (I'd say "brand new" doesn't apply for a remaster)
  • "other games" aside from TLOU Online, being one of them the "SP experience" means there's a 3rd project and who knows if more
During TLOU2 they only had a single new game dev team, so the other ones are new (pretty likely branched out from the main one).

TLOUP1 was mostly developed by Sony Visual Arts team, and the Uncharted remasters at Iron Galaxy with some small ND team supporting them, providing material, overviewing, etc. Probably it's the same case for TLOU2R, they may have a small team inside ND supporting/overviewing/providing material to one of these two external teams who would handle most of the 'dirty' job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

They were never the ones who started TLOU1 Remake they only took it in-house when budget was spiraling and the team was missing deadlines. It's pretty obvious their top talent didn't work on the Remake.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
That begs the question

Whats really the point of this remaster

The game is still new and fresh in our memory

After canceling factions ( in which they ve been workin on it for 3 year)

We expect better news from naughty dog and by that its not another remaster
Rogue Like mode + leaderboards alone is worth the $10

Take my Pennies Neil and Co.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm cautiously optimistic that not announcing this for PC means that Sony has pivoted away from potting their games. And would also add more ammo to my theory that Jim Ryan was fired

Reactions: nongkris

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
I'm cautiously optimistic that not announcing this for PC means that Sony has pivoted away from potting their games. And would also add more ammo to my theory that Jim Ryan was fired

It would be completely backwards to announce PC ports of major first party games while at the same time trying to sell 25M PS5’s.

I too hope they came to their common senses and realize first party permanent exclusives are extremely important.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Rogue Like mode + leaderboards alone is worth the $10

Take my Pennies Neil and Co.
I really hate the agenda driven "so what's the point of the remaster?" It's really annoying. Whats the point of any game? To make the company money and to give satisfaction to the customer. We've already seen remasters sell millions so the point is to put in the hands of gamers one of the greatest games of all times with higher Fidelity and added content!

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Oh he was definitely fired. 2 people from upper management don't just retire a few weeks before you announce that some of your projects, which the said persons pushed hard, are being pushed back/reviewed.