Updated Frequently: Hands on with PSVR2 Gran Turismo update! Yes, entire campaign 🔥🔥 Also IGN preview. And other PSVR2 news in here!

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
New preview article with very positive impressions just dropped

Playstation VR 2 Hands-on: 8 pros, 3 cons & a question

The reviews I’ve read or heard about PSVR 2 so far are positive, to be sure, but are missing something – excitement. Are we too jaded or critical to recognize a great new platform when we have it on our heads?

I’m stunned by my hands-on play session. Playstation VR 2 will be the platform for VR gaming for months and years to come, according to my hands-on impression (remember, tests have yet to confirm this!).

It could even wholly replace PC VR for me. In the future, I will play high-quality, graphically impressive VR games quickly and easily in my living room. I don’t see a VR platform of equal quality and accessibility in the near future. PC VR is far too fiddly, and standalone VR can’t come close to keeping up graphically.

crazy

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
If course one of the negatives is price which realistically should not be one as what your getting is well worth the price and more.
I mean he does acknowledge that anything near that quality would cost quite a bit more on PC. In absolute terms $550 is pretty hefty for a casual player to put into the system for a peripheral...but if Sony can keep delivering AAA titles it shouldn't be an issue. Also, we're hitting a big decrease in disposable income across the general economy, so it makes sense that a lot of people are feeling that it's expensive

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-06 05.07.20.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-06 05.07.20.png
    305.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I mean he does acknowledge that anything near that quality would cost quite a bit more on PC. In absolute terms $550 is pretty hefty for a casual player to put into the system for a peripheral...but if Sony can keep delivering AAA titles it shouldn't be an issue. Also, we're hitting a big decrease in disposable income across the general economy, so it makes sense that a lot of people are feeling that it's expensive
Switch is expensive what you get in return, not PSVR2. it is like getting 4090 for 900$. expensive?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Switch is expensive what you get in return, not PSVR2. it is like getting 4090 for 900$. expensive?
Yet the switch has sold like 90+mil and the 4090 is ~0.25% on the steam charts. I have no doubt that the PSVR2 will do well as long as it gets attractive games, but we're enthusiasts here who don't think twice before dropping $500 on a peripheral. The average gamer will think twice.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Yet the switch has sold like 90+mil and the 4090 is ~0.25% on the steam charts. I have no doubt that the PSVR2 will do well as long as it gets attractive games, but we're enthusiasts here who don't think twice before dropping $500 on a peripheral. The average gamer will think twice.
i am talking about whole perception of the price. they aren't targeting average class gamer. average gamer is buying maybe 2-3 games a year. of course average gamer is not interesting in PSVR2 and never will.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Of course one of the negatives is price which realistically should not be one as what your getting is well worth the price and more.
Those is still a lot of money, if Ferrari sold their top car for 50k they would sell a lot more of them!

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Those is still a lot of money, if Ferrari sold their top car for 50k they would sell a lot more of them!
Sure, let them sell PSVR2 for $200 😂 I mean we need to be realistic. It is not alot of money relative to the tech. People spend hundreds to thousands more yearly. The average gaming demographic is actually mid 30s to 40's and working ppl so its not out of reach.

But we all can debate this all day and we won't get anywhere.

D

Deleted member 417

I want to go on record and say that PSVR2 will be the best place to play PS5 games. Not just in gameplay and technical ability but in graphics as well. The best looking game of this generation will be a PSVR2 game without a shadow of a doubt.

By 2024, a killer app will be launched and VR will become the default way to play PS5 games.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I want to go on record and say that PSVR2 will be the best place to play PS5 games. Not just in gameplay and technical ability but in graphics as well. The best looking game of this generation will be a PSVR2 game without a shadow of a doubt.

By 2024, a killer app will be launched and VR will become the default way to play PS5 games.
Psvr just need to sell more than 5 mill to justify more investment from 3rd parties. I'll absolutely love it

Reactions: Deleted member 417
D

Deleted member 417

Psvr just need to sell more than 5 mill to justify more investment from 3rd parties. I'll absolutely love it
I think it will play out like gens of old, where the best tech and the best place to play forced 3rd parties to put their games on those devices to get exposure.

Sony won't be going port begging. 3rd parties will be asking to put their games on there. I know it sounds backwards, but I believe this will be the future

Reactions: SLB1904

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Looking forward to gfx comparison’s between flat and vr. Can foveate bridge the gap without visible sacrifice. Will be interesting, although with a 1st Gen psvr2 titles- there may be room for improvement down the track.

D

Deleted member 417

The PS5 was built from the ground-up for VR. The throughput, rendering and compression/decompression techniques, not to mention foveated rendering and eye-tracking in the VR headset, all point towards VR as the place that will have the best looking and most technically capable games. Add to that the immersion, wow factor and size:scale of the worlds and we are in for one heck of a ride.

IF VR tackes off, how will MS compete? If the ABK deal goes through, will they be allowed to buy a VR manufacturer? Will they have to do a shady deal with Meta?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The PS5 was built from the ground-up for VR. The throughput, rendering and compression/decompression techniques, not to mention foveated rendering and eye-tracking in the VR headset, all point towards VR as the place that will have the best looking and most technically capable games. Add to that the immersion, wow factor and size:scale of the worlds and we are in for one heck of a ride.

IF VR tackes off, how will MS compete? If the ABK deal goes through, will they be allowed to buy a VR manufacturer? Will they have to do a shady deal with Meta?
Yes, this is true. From the beginning they've stated PS5 was created with VR in mind and damn is it showing in these previews! Time is passing too slow.