Updated Frequently: Hands on with PSVR2 Gran Turismo update! Yes, entire campaign 🔥🔥 Also IGN preview. And other PSVR2 news in here!

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
You can drive around in 100’s of cars on multiple tracks in real life for $70?
Plus they can play football/basket ball in real life, but they cant be as good as those people on the TV, or play with their favourite players etc. Or do A fantasy dream team, or career mode. I enjoy the manager modes in these games
Street Fighter is more likely though lol

I also wish it wasnt cross gen, supposedly it was built to be on PS5 and only later got turned cross gen but meh
Yes, I get that and I get what your saying. But sitting in a virtual car is not out of reality lol. Videos games are meant to give you an experience that is not possible to replicate in real life whatsoever. Such as fighting dragons, or facing off horror zombies and so on. I

I've drove many fancy cars in my life from Mercedes to Range Rovers and BMWs. So it's nothing new to me and at the end of the day, the point of a car is to get you from point A to point B. Anyone who drove a regular car in their life whether it's $800 used piece or shit or a $300K Maybach is essentially the same shit with the exception of speed, performance and luxury. You drive 1 car, you basically drove them all.

If you really like sports and want to get good at it, go pursuit in real life then. Nothing is stopping you unless you have some genetic limitation or a medical problem. I'll be too busy slaying Dragons. That's my simple point. I've never got into Sim games, I don't think they are for me and this is coming from a IRL car nut.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yes, I get that and I get what your saying. But sitting in a virtual car is not out of reality lol. Videos games are meant to give you an experience that is not possible to replicate in real life whatsoever. Such as fighting dragons, or facing off horror zombies and so on. I

I've drove many fancy cars in my life from Mercedes to Range Rovers and BMWs. So it's nothing new to me and at the end of the day, the point of a car is to get you from point A to point B. Anyone who drove a regular car in their life whether it's $800 used piece or shit or a $300K Maybach is essentially the same shit with the exception of speed, performance and luxury. You drive 1 car, you basically drove them all.

If you really like sports and want to get good at it, go pursuit in real life then. Nothing is stopping you unless you have some genetic limitation or a medical problem. I'll be too busy slaying Dragons. That's my simple point. I've never got into Sim games, I don't think they are for me and this is coming from a IRL car nut.

Some Places people dont have access to some of these things too. I understand your point and I agree to some extent. I train martial arts and dont really enjoy mma games but boxing games use to be fun (rarely lol)
But some people will just like to play these games, some cant do them in real life for various reasons or do and enjoy the games.

I have my real life hobbies and sometimes they dont mix with games. I dont have that much interest in driving really fast cars in real life tbh, so GT7 will do. Rally driving I will try in real life but I have no desire to do any other driving in real life apart from what I have to daily lol.

Even football, I get injured way too easily, so i enjoy playing manager modes and building teams etc as I like watching it.
Yeah Im the same with Sim games. But I did get addicted to Stardew Valley so a farm sim might change my mind.
Different strokes for different folks n all

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
Some Places people dont have access to some of these things too. I understand your point and I agree to some extent. I train martial arts and dont really enjoy mma games but boxing games use to be fun (rarely lol)
But some people will just like to play these games, some cant do them in real life for various reasons or do and enjoy the games.

I have my real life hobbies and sometimes they dont mix with games. I dont have that much interest in driving really fast cars in real life tbh, so GT7 will do. Rally driving I will try in real life but I have no desire to do any other driving in real life apart from what I have to daily lol.

Even football, I get injured way too easily, so i enjoy playing manager modes and building teams etc as I like watching it.
Yeah Im the same with Sim games. But I did get addicted to Stardew Valley so a farm sim might change my mind.
Different strokes for different folks n all
Fair enough. I just found it odd how Ryah McCaffery was making a big deal of feeling like your inside of car.... his comparing Car VR versus a real life Car PoV.. He was acting as if its his first time being inside of a vehicle or he never experienced it before. Lol.

• haha
Reactions: Kokoloko

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Fair enough. I just found it odd how Ryah McCaffery was making a big deal of feeling like your inside of car.... his comparing Car VR versus a real life Car PoV.. He was acting as if its his first time being inside of a vehicle or he never experienced it before. Lol.
I just thought he was too amaze how close it is reaching the experience in VR compared with real life.
I mean the ideia of sim racing with VR is indeed to reach more and more closer to the real life experience and immersion.

And I think the next pass that will something like a inducted VR experience direct on our brains will probably be like a dream... and dreams can replicated the exactly same experience and immersion you have in real life.
Well dreams can give you both... you can get the totally fantasy experience with that too :D

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
Most likely a shill-piece article. $ony marketing paying dividends.
Don't think a good piece of VR hardware has anything to do with shilling. PSVR2 is a solid piece of hardware, whether someone likes it or not thats their own opinion.

His opinion is irrelevant anyway because it's IGN and that stands for IGNorant. I don't care what they say about Sony or Xbox, they've been useless for a decade.

Regardless, it's no brainer that Sony is ahead of the game with console VR.

The whole MS or Sony pays for positive articles myth needs to go out the window. Please stop saying this nonsense and that goes for both camps.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I postponed my VR purchase because I'm traveling on holidays next week and it already cost me multiple VR headsets, but damn, I want it so bad now lol.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Most likely a shill-piece article. $ony marketing paying dividends.
Microsoft shill trying to deflect the shills article for a company with no games.

FjwFW6aVQAAcRRT.jpg

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
thats a fucking stupid argument and the pc german market will have a good laught whit it

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
what you gonna play?
Gt7 vr for starters. I moved my office and am building an office / gaming room at home... Trying to convince my wife to buy a new oled TV and a second PS5 so I can play freely. She's going to hog the ps5 when Hogwarts releases.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Gt7 vr for starters. I moved my office and am building an office / gaming room at home... Trying to convince my wife to buy a new oled TV and a second PS5 so I can play freely. She's going to hog the ps5 when Hogwarts releases.
you would play with her co-op if there have been one in Hogwarts ?

i am more interested in Horizon. my wife in Moss, it will be good :)