Updated Sept 27 with DF new video tech analysis: Forza Motorsports previews

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I remember being amazed when they revealed this game back in 2022. Now, it looks generic and uninspired. What the hell happened?

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Half the tracks of gt, by every comparision online majority of car models looks generatiom behind gt and look at these previews. Just lol. And no vr. I still think it ll be worst reviewed forza in years, but lets see. Maybe im wrong.
Nah, MS will make sure it has nothing but glowing reviews.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
No ray tracing in the 4k 60fps mode only the 30fps mode ... I'll take the higher framerate in a racing game over ray tracing any day 🤣
There are basic ray- traced reflection in one of the two performance modes. Max resolution lower itself at 1440 p, but it still plays at an apparently locked 60.

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
The performance mode with ray-traced reflections drops to 1080p.
Well, I wrote MAX resolution...the most problematic thing, in my opinion, is the new TAA solution, that seems to produce some awful ghosting : the DF preview show some example of this , and they are from the basic performance mode, that can at least count on a bigger basic resolution. I imagine that reducing the resolution the problems get nastier

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well, I wrote MAX resolution...the most problematic thing, in my opinion, is the new TAA solution, that seems to produce some awful ghosting : the DF preview show some example of this , and they are from the basic performance mode, that can at least count on a bigger basic resolution. I imagine that reducing the resolution the problems get nastier
TAA makes the image blurry with ghosting but that is what all racing games will use today... and in terms of performance/results trade-off I don't think there is anything better sadly.
GT7 uses it too but it is less noticeable due the higher resolution... the 60fps is native 4k while the 120fps mode is 1440p.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Six years in development, Turn 10 re-emerges with its most advanced Forza Motorsport yet, designed exclusively for current-gen consoles and modern PC. Our coverage today concentrates on the console experience, examining the upgrades in depth, the pros and cons of 'on track' ray tracing along with recommendations on the best graphics modes to use - and how the game compares between Series X and Series S consoles. S

00:00 Overview
00:47 Forza Motorsport 7 comparison
06:41 What’s up with reflections?
09:47 Modes and image quality
13:20 Performance
15:33 Gameplay and conclusion

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
TAA makes the image blurry with ghosting but that is what all racing games will use today... and in terms of performance/results trade-off I don't think there is anything better sadly.
GT7 uses it too but it is less noticeable due the higher resolution... the 60fps is native 4k while the 120fps mode is 1440p.
We now know GT is just superior and ratings show it as well.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Reactions: Gamernyc78