Updated Sept 27 with DF new video tech analysis: Forza Motorsports previews

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Straight embarrassing and to think some ppl on gaf really trying to convince ppl those forza models look better 😂😂😂
I still remember Xbots shitting on GT 5 having some cars using older models when Forza that year had only one grade of model, but the models in Forza were inconsistent in quality and often inaccurate due to MS just purchasing them from cheap asset factories in India rather than going to the lengths Polyphony did in their models.

That was when former Xbox shill/game journalist turned community manager for Turn 10 Che Chou got himself permabanned from GAF for being a belligerent shill.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I still remember Xbots shitting on GT 5 having some cars using older models when Forza that year had only one grade of model, but the models in Forza were inconsistent in quality and often inaccurate due to MS just purchasing them from cheap asset factories in India rather than going to the lengths Polyphony did in their models.

That was when former Xbox shill/game journalist turned community manager for Turn 10 Che Chou got himself permabanned from GAF for being a belligerent shill.
Def remember that too.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

Oh hell no it's not even close and it's same time of day and everything. Forza looks two gens behind.

This is a first-party flagship game. How did this happen? MS and the bot army wouldn’t shut up about how powerful the XsX was with its 12 TF.

If I were a bot, I would be so embarrassed, but we know they just retreat to their fantasy world when things don't go their way.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
This is a first-party flagship game. How did this happen? MS and the bot army wouldn’t shut up about how powerful the XsX was with its 12 TF.

If I were a bot, I would be so embarrassed, but we know they just retreat to their fantasy world when things don't go their way.
it is free. so, why keep high quality when you will get defended for low quality? it isn't like there are some standards?

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I will take Forza as a arcade game so it doesn't really hold up graphical wise.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
tz9gCLk.gif

P78gCq0.gif

6kVDpVu.gif

Xzxvqro.gif

X7ERnJS.gif

Last edited:

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I knew they were lying. I got banned from gaf for saying that. Feels great to feel vindicated. Also the tress aren't like what they show
Lying about a 120fps mode? They're going to patch it whenever the performance patches are coming to Halo:I, Redfall and Starfield.

Gee, that's a lot of catching up to do.
Any outraged with always online?
Obviously not, it's worth it now and for the good of the players.
The biggest part of the marketing so far for this has been… ray tracing. And now it’s not really viable on Xbox for most sim fans.
There should be a 120fps mode, this is the only viable option for racers these days. I complained so much about GT 7 for not having it on launch. And now the masters of resolution and fps at MS don't deliver this, instead they focus on a true next gen experience at 30fps I guess.

There is a lot of focus on 30fps modes, to the detriment of 60+ fps at MS this year. This is embarrassing, but they have more important things to worry about.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Lying about a 120fps mode? They're going to patch it whenever the performance patches are coming to Halo:I, Redfall and Starfield.

Gee, that's a lot of catching up to do.

Obviously not, it's worth it now and for the good of the players.

There should be a 120fps mode, this is the only viable option for racers these days. I complained so much about GT 7 for not having it on launch. And now the masters of resolution and fps at MS don't deliver this, instead they focus on a true next gen experience at 30fps I guess.

There is a lot of focus on 30fps modes, to the detriment of 60+ fps at MS this year. This is embarrassing, but they have more important things to worry about.
120Hz is amzing in VR...

Stil fucking mad about PW... God I hate those guys

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
The daytime lighting looks really strange, where are the sun highlights? The cars don't even look like they have "car paint" for some reason.

I mean, yeahhh ray tracing... but réflexions won't fix wrong paint appearance (and the other stuff downgraded even from previous forza games).

Nitro

10 Apr 2023
North Pole
Did IGN compare Forza Motorsport on Xbox Series to Gran Turismo 7 on PS4?

As noticed on Reddit, the lack of environmental detail and density in their video matches the PS4 version. Even some basic buildings are missing.

Now compare their video to the actual PS5 version, which is far richer at the same points:

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Entropi
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Did IGN compare Forza Motorsport 7 on Xbox Series to Gran Turismo 7 on PS4?

As noticed on Reddit, the lack of environmental detail and density in their video matches the PS4 version. Even some basic buildings are missing.

Now compare their video to the actual PS5 version, which is far richer at the same points:

Wow thts crazy lol

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

IGN has always been known to lean green, and to be incompetent, so it wouldn't shock me.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022

lol, has this been picked up anywhere?