Videocardz: PC GPU shipments decline 38% YoY

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Built my new gaming PC in October with a 4090 and while I'm extremely happy with its performance the price was nuts.

I'm not surprised a lot of gamers PC gamers chose not to buy new graphics cards.

AMD and Nvidia are on crack if they think these new prices will be the new normal.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The PS5 equivalent RDNA 2 card is the 6600xt, and here it is outperforming the PS5 version.

No it isn't. The PS5 equivalent GPU is the 6700. And Returnal there is not outperforming the PS4. The test is at 1080p for starters, when the PS5 version runs at upscaled 4k.

Stop banging on the RDNA2 bullshit. APU analysis for both current gen consoles show that the silicon includes features all the way back from Vega (for the series X) all the way to beyond RDNA2 (certain custom silicon on both consoles).

The bullshit about "but uh AMD said EggBogg is the only RDNA2" also won't stick. Part of the RDNA2 windows suite includes DX12 and Mesh Shaders. Both those technologies are patented by Microsoft, so Sony wouldnt be using them.

For DX12 you have Sony's own API, which is more efficient, and for mesh shaders you have modern primitve shaders.

Also, RDNA as a whole is an architecture. 2 and 3 are revisions/improvements. Certain GPU components are almost indistinguishable between them.

Banana

10 Jan 2023
No it isn't. The PS5 equivalent GPU is the 6700. And Returnal there is not outperforming the PS4. The test is at 1080p for starters, when the PS5 version runs at upscaled 4k.

Stop banging on the RDNA2 bullshit. APU analysis for both current gen consoles show that the silicon includes features all the way back from Vega (for the series X) all the way to beyond RDNA2 (certain custom silicon on both consoles).

The bullshit about "but uh AMD said EggBogg is the only RDNA2" also won't stick. Part of the RDNA2 windows suite includes DX12 and Mesh Shaders. Both those technologies are patented by Microsoft, so Sony wouldnt be using them.

For DX12 you have Sony's own API, which is more efficient, and for mesh shaders you have modern primitve shaders.

Also, RDNA as a whole is an architecture. 2 and 3 are revisions/improvements. Certain GPU components are almost indistinguishable between them.
how does it show the 6600xt outperforming ps5?

PS5 temporal upscales from 1080 to 1440, then checkerboards to 4k.

PS5 runs the game at mediumish settings 50-60. Here the 6600xt is running on epic at 70-80.

• haha
Reactions: anonpuffs
OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
PS5 temporal upscales from 1080 to 1440, then checkerboards to 4k.

PS5 runs the game at mediumish settings 50-60. Here the 6600xt is running on epic at 70-80.
Upscaling isn't free lmao, try using fsr to get 4k on a 6600xt

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Nothing but facts, up to you what you'll do with them.

Do you want to play PlayStation games on the go? Valve has you covered.
what the F are you talking about?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

i am talking about fucked up the state of the GPU market is. fucking Nvidia and their bullshit practices and AMD falling to compete.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Animated GIF
Nbc GIF by SVU
Relaxing Slow Down GIF by AsmodeeGames

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
what the F are you talking about?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

i am talking about fucked up the state of the GPU market is. fucking Nvidia and their bullshit practices and AMD falling to compete.
How is AMD failing to compete? Do they have to beat Nvidia in everything to compete?

AMD has a lot going on for them.