What Are You Playing Right Now?

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I’m currently playing Marvel’s Midnight Suns and Trial of Heroes: Cold Steel Series (Currently on part 2). I’m enjoying both so far and will be busy with the Cold Steel series for a while.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I’m currently playing Marvel’s Midnight Suns and Trial of Heroes: Cold Steel Series (Currently on part 2). I’m enjoying both so far and will be busy with the Cold Steel series for a while.
What stands out for you in Midnight Suns?

Bort

8 Jan 2023
FFXV - ng+ almost Lvl 99 and I wanna kill adamantoise, catch all the fish, and take down the snake lady. And finally play the dlc. I have never bothered with them. Then I can uninstall it forever.

Fallout 4 - I still log in whilst drunkenly listening to podcasts, just to do settlement stuff. ie. Make adhesive

Farcry 6 - almost a year later, I just want to finish it... but first, I must complete zones! Argh! I hate the convoy and supply crap. I enjoy the base and checkpoint bits.

I'm trying to finish off the backlog before I start the newer games (I also hope they get patched more. I only have 10 hours in Cyberpunk 1.01)

I still haven't played the AssCreed Valhalla and Fenyx dlc, so that will be next.

• fire

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
What stands out for you in Midnight Suns?
At First I was going to pass on the game because I confused about the card aspects of the game. But I’m a few hours in the game and it’s more like a turn based RPG and I enjoy the story, exploring the Abby and interaction with the characters. What I don’t enjoy is the mission structure which is do 1 mission then hang out,can’t keep doing missions unless you rest for the night and start a new day. But it don’t take away from my enjoyment of the game

• brain

Bort

8 Jan 2023
Just 100% Gotham Knights.
Moving onto Dying Light 2 New game plus...
I almost bought Dying Light 1 yesterday (on sale), but then I remembered the mixed reviews of 2, and I keep thinking Dead Island is the same thing. Is the first a good experience today?

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I almost bought Dying Light 1 yesterday (on sale), but then I remembered the mixed reviews of 2, and I keep thinking Dead Island is the same thing. Is the first a good experience today?

Absolutely, the first one got sooooo much support. I highly recommend playing it!

Reactions: Bort

Bort

8 Jan 2023
It got NG patch too.

Absolutely, the first one got sooooo much support. I highly recommend playing it!
Bought it, and Dead Island.

My intent for January and Feb, was to make a dent in my backlog, and start on this Gen in proper. LOL.

It's probably a bad time to mention I hate jump scares. I left Drag me to He'll after the first 10 minutes. (I decided not to go clubbing, went to a midnight screening, was alone in the cinema, then 'encouraged' a security guard to walk me to my car, and search it)

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Bought it, and Dead Island.

My intent for January and Feb, was to make a dent in my backlog, and start on this Gen in proper. LOL.

It's probably a bad time to mention I hate jump scares. I left Drag me to He'll after the first 10 minutes. (I decided not to go clubbing, went to a midnight screening, was alone in the cinema, then 'encouraged' a security guard to walk me to my car, and search it)

Have fun running around at night :D

Dead island is just arcade fun but a good time!

• fire
Reactions: Bort

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It was good. I enjoyed it. Definitely has the feel of a 360/PS3 game. Rated it a 7.5/10 overall. Out of the 10 games I completed for 2022, it ranks 8th.

Not tooo bad, I'd be interested to play it. Any interesting mechanics or is it stuck back in that time completely?

P

peter42O

Not tooo bad, I'd be interested to play it. Any interesting mechanics or is it stuck back in that time completely?

There's some good/cool melee combat mechanics which I did a few times but not being able to remap the buttons screwed me over when trying to do combos because I couldn't get the pattern down but this could easily be a me issue because games that have these weird button configurations in order to pulls off moves, im not good at. Gunplay is good. Story is solid. The chapters are good because they're pretty much all different locations/weather/environments. I would say that if you can get the game for $30-$40, it's worth it. I paid $60 but traded it in yesterday for $27.50 so for me, it was a $32.50 game day one which I was perfectly good with.

• brain

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
There's some good/cool melee combat mechanics which I did a few times but not being able to remap the buttons screwed me over when trying to do combos because I couldn't get the pattern down but this could easily be a me issue because games that have these weird button configurations in order to pulls off moves, im not good at. Gunplay is good. Story is solid. The chapters are good because they're pretty much all different locations/weather/environments. I would say that if you can get the game for $30-$40, it's worth it. I paid $60 but traded it in yesterday for $27.50 so for me, it was a $32.50 game day one which I was perfectly good with.
I thought evil west was on gamepass