What Are You Playing Right Now?

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Currently playing DBZ Kakarot and may move on to playing Parasite Eve on the PS3 later. Been meaning to get back into retro gaming, but I'm currently addicted to games with an achievement system.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Nice! Kakarot is pretty cool so far with its open world, though I personally like the combat controls of the old Tenkaichi games on PS2 better. Kakarot at least doesn't require you to break the analog stick trying to win a beam struggle though.😆

I'm almost tempted to start again since I'm maxed out.
Tenkaichi was always solid, I hope they bring a remaster or something like it out again one day.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Not tooo bad, I'd be interested to play it. Any interesting mechanics or is it stuck back in that time completely?

You're not interested in the game, its the hat you want, we all know it.

Leaving Clint Eastwood GIF by GritTV

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I'm almost done with Mass Effect 1 (Legendary). I heard it's the "weakest" one from the trilogy, but I still enjoyed it. Maybe because it's not too long.

As I will be done with it before Forspoken arrives, I might start another PS+ game before: Axiom Verge 2.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
I'm almost done with Mass Effect 1 (Legendary). I heard it's the "weakest" one from the trilogy, but I still enjoyed it. Maybe because it's not too long.

As I will be done with it before Forspoken arrives, I might start another PS+ game before: Axiom Verge 2.
ME 1 is the most atmospheric and is extremely good when it comes to introducing you to the universe. It also has a phenomenal soundtrack. However, gameplay wise it is a tad outdated and a bit junky, but still worth the playthrough. ME 2 is a huge improvement over in the gameplay department though and the story is still good.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Are you overclocking or undervolting the card? Reddit has a thread saying reinstalling audio drivers stopped this for some people

Just FYI i think I figured out my issue. I bought the XFX MERC310 7900XT which has a boost to 2560, I was trying to get to 2800-2900mhz and it wants more board power and the AIB is locked at 1100mhz.

So I increased max allowed to 15% and left everything but fans alone and it now plays games depending on the match at 190+fps at 1440p. I can run at 4k and get 84-100fps with lows being 74fps. But I like playing at 120+fps.

I even overclocked my CPU without PBO, and gained more stable frames, but fans were load lol.

Playing shoothouse at 200+fps at 1440p at high detail without needing FSR is a great feeling.

I literally built this on a budget.

Motherboard: AM4 MSI MAG TOMAHAWK WIFI X570S - $240

MEMORY: G.SKILL Trident z samsung B-DIE DDR4-3600MHZ, CL14 - $179

CPU: 5900X RYZEN 9

STORAGE:

SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIe NVMe Gen4 - $259 (onsale today amazon $180 2tb, $112 1tb).​

GPU: XFX MERC310 7900XT - $830

Reactions: anonpuffs

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Did you play the original DQXI? I have often wondered whether it's worth it to re-buy the "new" version
The original version has much better graphics, but the “Definitive” version adds a town-building mini game and a few Quality of Life items that make things like clearing the hardest horse race less difficult to do.

If you already have the original release, there’s no real point to buying the S version, and saves don’t transfer.

I’m currently grinding away on the Battle Arena in Yakuza: Like a Dragon to get my party in shape for the True Final Millennium Tower. I also remembered it’s possible to use a Dual Shock 4 on a PS5, so I may play some Elden Ring this weekend, too.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
The Witcher 3 - next gen patch

FSR 2.1 makes the IQ in the Performance mode pretty good. Frame rate is very good as well and VRR helps with Novigrad's drops.

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Spyro YotD on the Reignited Trilogy.
Halo Infinite mp.
Dragon Quest Treasures.

Thinking about going back to Jak II or setting up the Sega Genesis again. Or starting Ratchet Tools of Destruction. Maybe all 3