What Are You Playing Right Now?

Perrott

21 Jun 2022
Perrot!! Great to see you.

I haven't played Dragons Dogma, its on PS4/5? Worth buying?
Hey! Good to see you too!

Yeah, it has a remaster on PS4/PS5, but I'm not gonna lie: you're better off just waiting to see if the upcoming sequel is any good than playing this game. From my experience with it so far, Dragon's Dogma was a severely flawed and obsolete title already in 2012, and playing it 10 years later only elevates these issues.

The combat is clunky and unresponsive, more akin to that of an MMO game than from a title by the developers of the DMC series; the interface and menus are a pain in the ass; the level design is super basic and uninteresting; the story and characters are filler; the "open world" is unbalanced as fuck (in the starting town you are given a quest in which the enemies can kill you with two hits) and the way the game flows (the transitions of going from an action encounter to a cutscene to a "set piece" to a dialogue with an NPC to a tutorial segment and then back to the "open world") definitely feels remiscent to the structure of a PS2 era game... and not in a good way.

The game's most interesting aspect is the pawn system, which allows you to create companion characters called pawns for other players to use in their party, something that you too can do with your friends' pawns. It is a neat feature, but it doesn't make up for Dragon's Dogma multitude of issues in other areas.

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Nearing what I think? is the end of HFW, it's a BIG game! I've been doing most of the side content too though. Combat is great and much expanded from the first game. I don't get the criticism that I can't climb anywhere? Can you climb a shear cliff face in the real world? Anyway I did not feel overly restricted by it.

Also sleuthing my way through Sherlock Holmes Chapter One. There is jank, and sometimes the speech cuts out before they have finishing saying a line (PS5 loading the next line too quickly?) But that hasn't prevented me from enjoying great murder mysteries and such other investigation's. The combat is awful though, and I don't see why it was needed in this type of game. Though combat is skippable, you are penalized for doing so.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
We moved to a new apartment recently and still have not set up my PS5, because of missing furniture. But will probably do it once I return from my current vacation.

Previously platinumed LEGO Skywalker Saga and started the Bugsnax DLC (didn't want to start something serious before moving) and have been playing Nobody Saves The World and the first Famicom Visual Novel on Switch in the new apartment.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
We moved to a new apartment recently and still have not set up my PS5, because of missing furniture. But will probably do it once I return from my current vacation.

Previously platinumed LEGO Skywalker Saga and started the Bugsnax DLC (didn't want to start something serious before moving) and have been playing Nobody Saves The World and the first Famicom Visual Novel on Switch in the new apartment.

Hmm I was considering getting Lego Star Wars.... how is it compared to the older ones?

Hope the move is going okay! That's always hard work!

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Hmm I was considering getting Lego Star Wars.... how is it compared to the older ones?

Hope the move is going okay! That's always hard work!
It's packed. Lot of stuff to do. If you are ok with collectathons, it's amazing value. I'm more a LEGO fan than a Star Wars fan, and really enjoyed the LEGO humor in the story telling. The latest patch also fixed many performance issues (game was crashing a lot before that).

Move is almost done, we are just awaiting the new furniture (delivery times are crazy long right now).

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It's packed. Lot of stuff to do. If you are ok with collectathons, it's amazing value. I'm more a LEGO fan than a Star Wars fan, and really enjoyed the LEGO humor in the story telling. The latest patch also fixed many performance issues (game was crashing a lot before that).

Move is almost done, we are just awaiting the new furniture (delivery times are crazy long right now).

I think I will get it...I think it's in the sale ATM and my son is 9 and would probably get a lot out of it too.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Just admit it... it's for you...

Christian Bale Idk GIF

Okay....it is! (and I don't know why...I have too many games!)

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
booted up some Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ last night, already played well over 300 hours on that game but I've been away for a while and wanted something to do while listening to some podcasts.

Obi-Wan

Hello there!
24 Jun 2022
The upgrade of Resident Evil 2 Remake. I don’t really think the ray tracing mode is in the shape it needs to be for most people, with performance, so I can’t really make a recommendation for this mode.

It looks great though, and the game holds up as one of the best of last gen. It’s still unbelievably creepy, yet compelling in the most old-school RE way to explore.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
If you know anything about me, you know I like to gush about how much I enjoy Super Mega Baseball 3 on the Switch. Every so often the game likes to remind me of how much I love it, and today it fed me an 18 inning playoff game as a nice little reminder. Can't get enough.

Going to check it out on Youtube out of curiosity!

Reactions: PropellerEar