What Are You Playing Right Now?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I finally started playing Final Fantasy XVI. I had it since launch, but I was in a clinic during that period. Played the first 4 hours and it's amazing so far. I hope some of the cities on the map can be visited and will be larger than the maps so far, but man, that first forest area was dense and looked incredible. Love the soundtrack and the setup for the story, though I've tempered my expectations a bit, since I've read that many people aren't too fond of the ending.
The ending is fine imo, it's the rest of the game that's meh. It's got some of most mediocre sidequests I've ever played. They're not bad per se, there's just too many pointless ones, and the rewards you get are dogshit.

Reactions: Red2Radio

Red2Radio

13 Mar 2023
Germany
The ending is fine imo, it's the rest of the game that's meh. It's got some of most mediocre sidequests I've ever played. They're not bad per se, there's just too many pointless ones, and the rewards you get are dogshit.
I often don't mind boring sidequests, unless they're really bad. But I'll keep it in mind when more sidequests open up.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I often don't mind boring sidequests, unless they're really bad. But I'll keep it in mind when more sidequests open up.
don't ignore the sidequests with a + on them, those are generally fairly rewarding. generally the sidequests range from "sweet jesus why" to "hey that wasn't too bad"

Reactions: Red2Radio

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Gran Turismo Sport.

Online is still healthy, sharing decals, scapes, also healthy. Unbelievable! After almost 7 years

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'm playing Starfield on PC, with a custom Reshade preset I did to make my game look awesome. The character creator is probably one of my faves in a game so far. I'm only on the first mission after the intro but I've spent like an hour in this one building just scanning things and reading the lore.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
AC 2 looks ugly but still a great game
Assassins Creed 2 ? The Ezio trilogy has aged pretty well imo
I'm playing Starfield on PC, with a custom Reshade preset I did to make my game look awesome. The character creator is probably one of my faves in a game so far. I'm only on the first mission after the intro but I've spent like an hour in this one building just scanning things and reading the lore.
Baldur's Gate has a much better character creation system, only thing Starfield does better is the skull formation.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Assassins Creed 2 ? The Ezio trilogy has aged pretty well imo

Baldur's Gate has a much better character creation system, only thing Starfield does better is the skull formation.
I actually prefer Starfields, just because I can finite tune my character a little more. Bandits gate had really beautiful presets and hair though.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Just finished San Andreas and with that, the GTA trilogy. They definitely fixed a lot of issues from launch but I still had a few. But man, what a nostalgia trip.

Gonna Play Starfield next and then start on Spider-Man before 2 comes out. Gotta do a story refresh playthrough.

Reactions: Arc

Arc

5 Sep 2023
I am finishing up the Advance Wars remake on the Switch, or at least the half (Advance Wars 1) I like, lol. Great strategy game if you’ve never played. Really approachable and fun. They ‘Nintendo’d’ it. Don’t sleep on all the extra maps in the main menu either — you can play this game for ages.

Also playing the first reboot Tomb Raider on PS5, and I’m surprised how well it’s aged. It’s super fun, and even still looks great for the time it came out.