What Are You Playing Right Now?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
@Gods&Monsters sorry you got suckered by nvidia's shitty marketing. Nvidia laptop gpus are the biggest scams/deceptive marketing around, the laptop variants are often 1 or even 2 segments below the desktop parts in performance but they still cost an arm and a leg.

If it's still in the return window I'd ship that shit back. A 4050 laptop ain't a real gaming card.

Also look for laptops with zen3/zen4 cpus, they are way more power efficient = better battery life than intel cpus. Also cooler.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
@Gods&Monsters sorry you got suckered by nvidia's shitty marketing. Nvidia laptop gpus are the biggest scams/deceptive marketing around, the laptop variants are often 1 or even 2 segments below the desktop parts in performance but they still cost an arm and a leg.

If it's still in the return window I'd ship that shit back. A 4050 laptop ain't a real gaming card.

Also look for laptops with zen3/zen4 cpus, they are way more power efficient = better battery life than intel cpus. Also cooler.
The CPU is AMD Ryzen 5. There's also an integrated AMD GPU + the Nvidia 4050. It's a hybrid model. I'll keep it as a regular laptop because I got it cheap.

I'll play next-gen stuff on my PS5. I was not impressed by the image in Alan Wake 2 anyway. Spider-man 2 was way more impressive as soon as the game starts.

Reactions: anonpuffs

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
The CPU is AMD Ryzen 5. There's also an integrated AMD GPU + the Nvidia 4050. It's a hybrid model. I'll keep it as a regular laptop because I got it cheap.

I'll play next-gen stuff on my PS5. I was not impressed by the image in Alan Wake 2 anyway. Spider-man 2 was way more impressive as soon as the game starts.
I feel for you on the bummer laptop.

Then we have my new one. Borderlands 3 running a solid 36FPS at 4K, high settings and ray tracing enabled...

• Surprised

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Finally going back to Hogwarts Legacy. I'm glad I waited to play it, just wish I didn't buy it day 1. Now on PC with all Ultra settings at 4k dlss quality im getting over 100fps and no stuttering. When I first tried to play it day 1, I could barely get 40-50 fps and there was non stop stuttering on medium settings

Reactions: Sircaw

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Been hooked on Songs of Syx for over a week now, will start Star Wars Jedi Survivor soon.
And ofc looking forward to Ragnarok DLC, although I am a bit rusty.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I am done with Diablo4 for this season.

Alternating between Streets of Rage 4, is really good, thanks @Satoru

also decided to continue playing the Last of us 2, I sort of put it on the back burner when i was a couple of hours in, i am not about 5 hours in and I feel like it's getting much more enjoyable.

Also just bought Resident Evil Village and its expansion but that will probably have to wait probably till the new year before i start it.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I am done with Diablo4 for this season.

Alternating between Streets of Rage 4, is really good, thanks @Satoru

also decided to continue playing the Last of us 2, I sort of put it on the back burner when i was a couple of hours in, i am not about 5 hours in and I feel like it's getting much more enjoyable.

Also just bought Resident Evil Village and its expansion but that will probably have to wait probably till the new year before i start it.

Village is great!
I just moved Diablo off onto my external, needed the space for other games.
Playing Avatar atm

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Village is great!
I just moved Diablo off onto my external, needed the space for other games.
Playing Avatar atm
yer I wanted to treat myself, but could not decide between Village and Resident Evil 4, decided to go the Village route in the end as I could get the DLC included, and it still worked out cheaper than that 4.

Hope to give it a go in the new year.

Still waiting on a great deal for Sniper elite 5, i really liked the previous one

Last edited:
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
yer I wanted to treat myself, but could not decide between Village and Resident Evil 4, decided to go the Village route in the end as I could get the DLC included, and it still worked out cheaper than that 4.

Still waiting on a great deal for Sniper elite 4, i really liked the previous one
Need to get 4 aswell all the resident evils are great

Reactions: Sircaw

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022

Still waiting on a great deal for Sniper elite 4, i really liked the previous one

Can't go wrong with either RE.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Still getting mileage out of Crew Motorsport.

Completed Destiny’s new Warlord of Ruin dungeon. Didn’t clear it last time and burned out on it by the boss but did so this time. Loved it. 3 boss battles. Noob friendly? No.

Looking for something a bit more cruise control and braindead into the mix. Probably gonna be Yakuza like a dragon or AW remastered but I’m leaning towards a jrpg

Edit: Yakuza it is! Hits the spot. Only played zero but I’m enjoying it off the bat. I always considered zero an rpg so I do enjoy this direction.

Last edited: