What Are You Playing Right Now?

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
After hours of trying a failing the QTE fight on the rooftop with the oracle on hard mode I've finally done it , I swear this trophy better pop not be glitches
You should check out As Dusk Falls, it scratched the David Cage itch for me. It's made by former Quantic Dream devs. I beat it 2 weeks ago and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I beat Red Dead Redemption 1 for the first time and it was pretty underwhelming....didn't live up to the hype at all for me. Back in the day people said it was the best game of all time 😂 but it was a dud. A ton of filler content, interacting with the same 3 NPCs for almost 10 hours, horrible pacing, and a bad ending (imo). Maybe I went into it expecting too much...but I'd give it like a 6/10

I hope the sequel is better but I ain't playing it anytime soon.

Reactions: Sircaw

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Still playing Starfield. 200+ hours into the game. Have 5 story missions left and should have it completed this weekend. Next week will be Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
In vacay mode and not home for 1month, pretty much no gaming happening, might need to dig out vita or switch and finish some JRPG that I've started.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Ditched Zenless Zone Zero. Gave it a shot and not interested. Same goes for the Concord beta. I’m definitely looking to find something new for a spin.

With Borderlands 3 dropping on plus I figured it’s time I go back and finish my run thru handsome collection and then go thru 3.

Lot of shooters in the backlog including Doom Eternal and Aveum. Ronin is still there being chipped away at slowly and Outer Worlds my other go to chill experience.

I think the next few months is gonna be a bit rough for me but hopefully a few sales and exploring the backlog will deliver. Otherwise I think I’m waiting for Warhammer and Metaphor as the soonest releases on the radar.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Ditched Zenless Zone Zero. Gave it a shot and not interested. Same goes for the Concord beta. I’m definitely looking to find something new for a spin.

With Borderlands 3 dropping on plus I figured it’s time I go back and finish my run thru handsome collection and then go thru 3.

Lot of shooters in the backlog including Doom Eternal and Aveum. Ronin is still there being chipped away at slowly and Outer Worlds my other go to chill experience.

I think the next few months is gonna be a bit rough for me but hopefully a few sales and exploring the backlog will deliver. Otherwise I think I’m waiting for Warhammer and Metaphor as the soonest releases on the radar.
Hit the wall in ZZZ?

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Coming to new releases Kaku: ancient seal released, its a decent Kena lite with a price tag of 20$. Also the MC is named Piggy 🤭

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Hit the wall in ZZZ?

Umm no. I kinda saw what I wanted to for the time being. Does it have a larger hub world to explore? The tv screen gimmick gave me strong mobile game vibes ( and I know it technically is one). Only gave it a handful of hours.

Not a condemnation and I have had nothing bad to say about it tbh but I just found myself considering playing other boxed rpgs I have half finished in the backlog …

So either finish my replay of Vesperia, finish off Arise or wait till Metaphor. I may just wait till metaphor since there’s a bit of persona to the itch that needs scratching.

Tales of Vesperia is so good. Aged amazingly well too.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Ahh the “Tales of” series. Turned into comfort food over the years by always having reliably great action rpg combat. Because of that it’s become my favorite jrpg series just for this consistency.

I started with Symphonia on GameCube. Played its sequel as well and then tried to keep up with the major releases since then.

I know there’s berseria fandom out there and probably players that like Zestiria too. But…

Vesperia is by far the best game in the series and best version of its combat before they changed it up a bit. Arise is the best of the new style but still not on the same tier as Vesperia. Vesperia’s art direction was also nailed and has aged majestically to still compete with anything else like it.

And you can pick the dog… he smokes a pipe. The duo of Yuri and Repede is still refreshing before the era of effeminate male leads.

What a game. One of the best jrpgs ever.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Umm no. I kinda saw what I wanted to for the time being. Does it have a larger hub world to explore? The tv screen gimmick gave me strong mobile game vibes ( and I know it technically is one). Only gave it a handful of hours.

Not a condemnation and I have had nothing bad to say about it tbh but I just found myself considering playing other boxed rpgs I have half finished in the backlog …

So either finish my replay of Vesperia, finish off Arise or wait till Metaphor. I may just wait till metaphor since there’s a bit of persona to the itch that needs scratching.

Tales of Vesperia is so good. Aged amazingly well too.
More areas unlock as you progress through the story. However it may be worth it to shelve it and come back in 6 months to a year, if you want a full story to burn through we've basically only gotten the prologue so far, and the current 1.0 ends on a cliffhanger

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Forced my fiancee to play Sackboy with me because i'm so hyped for Astro.

It's decent actually, makes me so nostalgic for old LBP though, I skipped 3 so I haven't played that series in well over a decade.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Forced my fiancee to play Sackboy with me because i'm so hyped for Astro.

It's decent actually, makes me so nostalgic for old LBP though, I skipped 3 so I haven't played that series in well over a decade.
What did the fiancee think

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
She likes it a lot. More than she did It Takes Two. We play all the (coop) Mario games together and she likes how it uses the 3D world/wonder type format. and customization of course lol.
It takes two was just so incredible.

We need more games like that, tbh.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
She likes it a lot. More than she did It Takes Two. We play all the (coop) Mario games together and she likes how it uses the 3D world/wonder type format. and customization of course lol.
Platinumed it with my wife. both enjoyed it greatly. gem of the game. pity that type of the games is rarely made in this time of age.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: voke

Ico

8 May 2024
started SMT Vengeance.

Ive played the original game back on the switch release, the turnbased combat and exploration were top notch, the side quests too, but they dropped the ball heavily on the main story back then, a lot of main characters went missing for a lot of hours in the game and there were a lot elements pointing to cut content. So basically, the game had a solid foundation but lacked the story, lets see if Vengeance will do this universe justice!

Reactions: laynelane

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Replaying Metro since I bought DLC for Exodus a few months ago. Started slowly working on my backlog but then bought UnMetal and Pacific drive on sale. Normally, I stay away from digital games but they're dirt cheap and I have Pacific Drive ordered on disc. Just as soon as I start clearing the backlog, I get more stuff...

Reactions: laynelane