What Are You Playing Right Now?

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
it didn't stutter bad enough for me to drop it but the game shouldn't have any stutters at all. I haven't played on PC yet but I have a strong rig so it shouldn't; i played the beta on PC since it wasn't available for ps5 and it didn't stutter for me at all.
i have a 12700k/3080 which is overkill and i'm still getting fps drops and stuttering. It might be an issue with the official release, a lot of similar complaints about it on reddit

My game looks just like this, even the loading screens and menu stutter, so it's not a game issue but a bug

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
i have a 12700k/3080 which is overkill and i'm still getting fps drops and stuttering. It might be an issue with the official release, a lot of similar complaints about it on reddit

My game looks just like this, even the loading screens and menu stutter, so it's not a game issue but a bug

Will try on PC later today and report back. Tbh the only time it's affected my enjoyment was in some of the challenge content and it made me a little pissed because the game was running great before

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Have been playing a lot on my steam deck this week (night shifts are back at work). Been playing Radiata Stories (finished it), Ring of Red, Stellaris, on my PS5 I played Mass effect LE (doing the 3rd one now) and God of War 3.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
@JAHGamer

zzz.jpg

This is what I found from testing a little bit. Yes, there's some stutter - feels like shader caching, but the problem is almost every level has new shaders. The first time I played a new level I would get noticeable stutters, especially when there were lots of particle effects going on or during chain attacks/ults. After the first set of stuttering, there were still fps drops down to 90-110 for a few frames during heavy combat which were perceptible but didn't bother me since it was still at a smooth framerate. I think the PS5 version does need some optimization although tbf it's not apples to apples since I'm running at 1440p instead of 4k on the PS5. Also, I prefer the PS5 version due to the better contrast and HDR despite the frame drops, which aren't bad enough to be gamebreaking.

zzz2.jpg

*edit* I think it's shader caching, I closed out the program and replayed it and I'm getting 130-140s now

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: viksoz and JAHGamer

viksoz

28 Mar 2024
@JAHGamer

View attachment 5337

This is what I found from testing a little bit. Yes, there's some stutter - feels like shader caching, but the problem is almost every level has new shaders. The first time I played a new level I would get noticeable stutters, especially when there were lots of particle effects going on or during chain attacks/ults. After the first set of stuttering, there were still fps drops down to 90-110 for a few frames during heavy combat which were perceptible but didn't bother me since it was still at a smooth framerate. I think the PS5 version does need some optimization although tbf it's not apples to apples since I'm running at 1440p instead of 4k on the PS5. Also, I prefer the PS5 version due to the better contrast and HDR despite the frame drops, which aren't bad enough to be gamebreaking.

View attachment 5338

*edit* I think it's shader caching, I closed out the program and replayed it and I'm getting 130-140s now
looks great

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Finished FFVII Remake. Its good, although the last chapters deviate quite a lot from the source materia(l) Also other that some sound issues and minor transversal stutter here and there, my experience was great. No crashes and great performance all in all.

Reactions: voke

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Playing the Riven remake. I saw my brother beat this game when I was s kid and now I am really wondering how. Shit's impossible, man.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Finished Gaiden just now. Pretty mediocre story until you get to the end. Was a bit hard to watch. Even the last battles are great.

Not sure what to play now. Gonna take a little break before playing IW. Might play through Sly.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Finished Gaiden just now. Pretty mediocre story until you get to the end. Was a bit hard to watch. Even the last battles are great.

Not sure what to play now. Gonna take a little break before playing IW. Might play through Sly.
The best ending in video game history! 😭😭😭 That ending alone made it my favorite Yakuza game

Ico

8 May 2024
finished the elden ring dlc and now im back to monster hunter world post game before iceborne