What Are You Playing Right Now?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Putting Warhammer down for a bit to play new Destiny episode for a few weeks. I’ll pick it up again when the Pro arrives because it could use the performance improvements.

I like the presentation, world and vibe the Warhammer universe and will remember the game more for that stuff than the game itself. The campaign isn’t too special at all tho. Serviceable with some very cool enemy horde moments. I beat it on veteran or whatever — was kinda easy.

Played a good amount of PvP and only one co-op mission. PvP kinda sucks and the co-op is kinda a slog too from what I played. But like I said, I’ll revisit on the pro when it runs better.

Current grade: C+

Final Shape and Remnant 2 still the highlights for shooters for me so far this gen.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
In the past couple days, finished the Metaphor demo. Put about 6 hours into Atelier Marie remake, it's a 6/10 but it's cute enough for me to continue even if it isn't the best game. Decided to drop Atelier Escha&Logy since I hadn't played it in a while and it's just too old.
Put in a couple hours into helldivers, new patch is pretty fucking good. Zenless continues to be a daily 30min-1hr. Jesus I have no time lol

Reactions: Bryank75

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
I thought The Evil Within 1 and 2 were great games. TEW 2 is better visually, gameplay/combat wise and performs better but it's missing the vibe/tone of TEW as well as the puzzles/traps and the light match mechanic which I liked in the first game.

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
I thought The Evil Within 1 and 2 were great games. TEW 2 is better visually, gameplay/combat wise and performs better but it's missing the vibe/tone of TEW as well as the puzzles/traps and the light match mechanic which I liked in the first game.
The matches were a nice nod to RE1 for sure.

I just finished The Evil Within about 30 mins ago. Overall a decent survival horror. Second half of the game and particularly the final fight were a bit overwhelming, but not too bad.

I think I'll hold the sequel until next Halloween season.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
The matches were a nice nod to RE1 for sure.

I just finished The Evil Within about 30 mins ago. Overall a decent survival horror. Second half of the game and particularly the final fight were a bit overwhelming, but not too bad.

I think I'll hold the sequel until next Halloween season.

TEW 2 does have better boss fights. It's a more refined sequel but the first TEW just nails the tone, vibe and atmosphere.

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
Money has been a little tight lately, but my gf got me Sparking Zero and I've been playing it a bit. As someone who was a huge fan of the Budokai Tenkaichi games back on PS2, I was expecting to have an easier time with the game than people who are newer to the series/gameplay style. However, I have to say this game is HARD! I have seen a lot of people saying that the tutorials are almost necessary, so I'll probably try those out once the weekend rolls around. Maybe that'll improve my skills and I'll actually be able to unlock some of the what if scenarios.

• Shake

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
The stutter struggle is legit and hugely distracting in Hellblade 2 on PC. New areas always produce a noticeable hitch. Consoles so much better

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
I just finished Mundaun. It's a fun little walking simulator which places you in the Swiss alps (I think?).

While I wouldn't call it a scary game, it's certainly in the right genre for anybody looking to pick up some spooky games this Halloween season.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Performance aside, how are you liking Hellblade 2? I've got it wish listed, and enjoyed the first game.
Just finished it. It’s lesser of a game than the 1st, less combat, simpler combat, no lose scenario. It’s really an art house interactive story if I were to surmise it.

Does look stunning, I catch glimpses of my boy playing God Of War R on ps5 right now and it does look rudimentary compared to Hellblade 2 visuals. But they can’t be compared in any sense of the word, GOW is an actual video game.

The voices in Senuas head started to grate on me, she’s having a conversation with another character and the constant chit chat in her mind detracts - game would be better if written without.

Looks stunning on decent pc with high framerates using dlss etc, but the random hitches detract from the polish - hate that shit.

I can’t recommend the game to anyone other than a very specific audience that knows what they’re getting.

Reactions: DarkLordOtaku