What Are You Playing Right Now?

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Just finished the Terminator: Resistance Enhanced... basic enough looking game but really has the feel of being in the future war and links nicely into the films.

If you love the first 2 films, I think you'll like it.

Also just 3 trophies away from Platinum...so it's an easy enough one.

Cant decide which game to play next.... Deathloop, Ghostwire or one of the other games in the backlog.
Cannot recommended Deathloop, but it seems I may be in the minority. Claiming minority status on this one.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Cannot recommended Deathloop, but it seems I may be in the minority. Claiming minority status on this one.

Well, I have seen a lot of people on Twitter speak negatively about it.... and one of the developers that worked on it just commented that he hated that it became a trend to crap on Deathloop.

So it seems that I am not the only one hearing negative things about it.
Funny how it scored so high, there seems to be a huge disconnect between reviewers and gamers.

I'd love to know what issues you had with it!

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Well, I have seen a lot of people on Twitter speak negatively about it.... and one of the developers that worked on it just commented that he hated that it became a trend to crap on Deathloop.

So it seems that I am not the only one hearing negative things about it.
Funny how it scored so high, there seems to be a huge disconnect between reviewers and gamers.

I'd love to know what issues you had with it!
Gameplay wasn’t great. The repetition was a turn off. The AI non existent. The dialogue was cringe. I tried very hard to make it work because I thought I must be missing something based on the reception. Nope, never clicked.

• brain

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Gameplay wasn’t great. The repetition was a turn off. The AI non existent. The dialogue was cringe. I tried very hard to make it work because I thought I must be missing something based on the reception. Nope, never clicked.

Okay, I'm so curious now... I think I will finish getting the platinum in Terminator and then move onto Deathloop just cause all of this disconnect between reviews and gamers.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Finally beat the ace attorney trilogy. I'm two trophies away from getting the platinum, but they're kind of a pain to get, so I don't know if I'll bother. Also still playing disgaea 6.

P

peter42O

Completed Steel Rising. Great souls like game especially since it allows the player to play the way they want.
Visuals - 9.0/10, Audio - 8.5/10, Gameplay/Combat - 8.5/10 and Story/Characters - 8.0/10. Overall - 8.5/10.

Really enjoyed Steel Rising and is the first ever "souls like game" that I have ever completed mainly due to the fact that it gives you assist options. While I left three of the four options at the default level, the one single option I changed was keeping the Anima Essence (souls) when dying which was huge for me. Visually, game looks really good with solid environments. Music was great with good voice acting and sound effects. Combat is excellent and felt much more fluid and responsive than I was expecting the game to be. Definitely an improvement over GreedFall. Story and characters was solid and enjoyable. Looking forward to the expansion that is currently scheduled to get released in December.

Overall, a great game. I did have a few technical issues. One crash near the end of the game took me the dashboard. Had three instances where I got stuck in the environment but I blame myself for this as I was trying to jump to or over obstacles that the game didn't allow. lol. With GreedFall (2019) and Steel Rising, Spiders has become one of my better AA development studios and im very much looking forward to seeing what they do with GreedFall 2 and hoping for another souls like game afterwards.

My next game will be Valkyrie Elysium or Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga. Mainly waiting on reviews for Elysium before deciding.

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
I started Nioh again but on the Remastered Collection this time. I'm on the third region. Also Fatal Frame V: Maiden of Black Water. It's not bad

• party

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Finished Terminator a little bit back, playing Deathloop now on PSPlus before it goes away.

Was a bit boring at the start, getting a bit more into it now.

After that I have a copy of Ghostwire Tokyo.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Finished Terminator a little bit back, playing Deathloop now on PSPlus before it goes away.

Was a bit boring at the start, getting a bit more into it now.

After that I have a copy of Ghostwire Tokyo.
Have any games gone away from the Extra collection? Is there a regular announcement of what’s coming and going?

• they're_right_you_know

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Have any games gone away from the Extra collection? Is there a regular announcement of what’s coming and going?

Yeah, 2 games that I remember... Shadow Warrior 3 (while I was playing, annoyingly) and RDR2 is due to leave soon I believe.
There may be other lower profile games.

They do announce anything leaving and have a date and reminder on it from what I have seen.

I think they announce games coming to the service twice a month. Similar to Gamepass.

Reactions: Shmunter
P

peter42O

Went to GameStop to pick up Valkyrie Elysium and they haven't received the game yet. SMH. I will give it to Tuesday and if by then, they still don't have the game, I will cancel my pre-order and just wait for Gotham Knights which I pre-ordered when I was there and A Plague Tale Requiem.

EDIT: I said fuck it and bought Valkyrie Elysium (PS5) digitally and will start playing momentarily!!! 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
27 Aug 2022
the last month on my PS5

asfgsfgasfgasfasfggsf.png

on XBOX

sdgsdghgdhsgdgh.png

and on Steam I replayed the original Postal to compare to Redux (prefer original)

dfgdgsdsghsddshg.png

• party

8BiTw0LF

PUBG with two mates. Haven't played it for like 4 years and it's still a lot of fun.

• fire

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Trying to finish my Last of Us II playthrough (New game +) So I can move to GoW before Ragnarok releases.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Still playing valkyrie elysium. Put ffxhd on the back burner for now. Both games are fun though. I'm definitely enjoying x more than 12.