What Are You Playing Right Now?

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Have the controls been updated at all? For example, do you still use face buttons to drive rather than the triggers?

I'm not sure as I haven't played since launch but I don't think any of the recent patches mentioned control scheme changes.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Finished Axiom Verge 2 (but no plat, because of buggy trophies 😡), but still a few days to go until Forspoken arrives. Decided to play only Switch in the meantime, Kirby: Last of Us edition, to be more precise. Fun game, really enjoying it.
I got about 1/4 of the way through that game and dropped it, might go back later. Does it get better?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Oh shit they weren't kidding, P4G *is* a flat 120hz on Series X. At least according to my display.

Nice.

326358423_57928417370tdcv0.jpg

I have a choice of either playing this, P3P or Tales of Arise, not sure which to start.
Start with the worst one, so tales of arise

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Start with the worst one, so tales of arise

I actually didn't start any of them and instead started playing FF7 lol, not the remake, the modern console port of the OG game. Don't think I've played that game in almost a decade. Chipping away at it with other games.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I got about 1/4 of the way through that game and dropped it, might go back later. Does it get better?
Kirby? I'm enjoying it since the first level. It gets better, but not much. So if you already played 1/4 and didn't like it, it makes no sense to continue.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
well, i guess it wasn't that i didn't like it. it was just like, another pixel art metroidvania platformer, i didn't really see what all the fuss was about. I might end up going back and finishing it, just got pushed down the stack on the backlog. I've played plenty of these 2d sidescrolling platformers in the past year and I'm a bit burned out on them is all

Reactions: arvfab

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Playing GOW Ragnarok. Got to speak out against the story here. It’s too whimsical, feels more fairy tale than mythology. All of a sudden I miss the grandiosity of the original trilogy.

Reactions: peter42O

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Congrats! That's a lot of work. I thought about going for the platinum, but that fashion trophy seems so tedious. I might decide to go for it one day, since I already have 61% of the trophies.
Yeah, tbh i don't force myself to platine games, but i enjoy DQ tho. I've leveled all my characters to 99 in DQ8 ps2 (way harder to do than in DQ11), and did 3 runs of DQX 3DS lol

Only thing that was bit annoying was the quests in 2D, but it goes faster than i though. The other one is had to farm few tonics for the last ultimate Secret Boss.

BTW they actually removed some stuffs that were in vanilla, like the Crossbow target side quests, not that it bother me, not most fun thing ever fore sure l0l

Last edited:

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Playing Forspoken. Good game until now. Playing RT 120hz mode, haven't seen any performance drops and graphics look solid, but a bit rough in some places. I guess it's also a bit of being spoiled by games like HFW, GOWR, R&C etc..

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Playing Forspoken. Good game until now. Playing RT 120hz mode, haven't seen any performance drops and graphics look solid, but a bit rough in some places. I guess it's also a bit of being spoiled by games like HFW, GOWR, R&C etc..
agree. we were accustomed to greatness that pretty games looks mid now.

i think, biggest Forspoken minus is performance. it could be better and Color gamma, they needed to saturate those colors more.

Reactions: Bryank75 and arvfab