Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
nominedomine

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
You severely misjudge the consumer market, holy hell. People don't care about this asinine forum warrior nonsense, have some self awareness for crying out loud. Understand that we're an extremist fringe minority.

Also there is nothing wrong with the Series S, it plays every modern game, it's readily available and it's cheap. What a worthless post.
You know the first thing every casual cares about when they buy a new console? Graphics.

You know what they also care about? Value and Xbox doesn't provide that in any way in comparison to what the competition is offering.

Casuals aren't stupid people, they are just people that play less games or that are not that into it. There is no need to offend them by assuming they would not have the sense in avoiding a Series S at all cost, we are clearly seeing that despite it being the cheaper console it's by far the one with less demand. The Series S is just no good and it's past time for all of us to just accept that fact.

It's the responsibility of more informed games to let people that perhaps are not well informed that there is a terrible product on the market.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: FIREK2029

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Netflix having trouble just show how absurd MS vision for the gaming market is.

- Gaming is consumed in a way that makes it less suitable to subscription (You can buy a game like Yakuza 0 for $5 and take weeks to finish it).
- People were actually fine paying for games already in the console space, while very few people were buying movies/TV shows a la carte.
- People were fine being ripped off by the online multiplayer paywall, so MS was already getting a good chunk of that money without doing anything.
- No console gaming service is ever going to reach the numbers a movie/TV streams like Netflix already have reached.
- Netflix is drastically better at producing successful content than Xbox.
- Netflix never had to spend $80B+ in acquisitions in the span of a few years.
- Gamepass was never the leading game subscription service on the market.
- Xbox was never able to show that they can charge considerably more than Netflix and still retain their subscribers.
And you’ll see ps+ higher tiers getting more users and GP. That’s just how these things are.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
You severely misjudge the consumer market, holy hell. People don't care about this asinine forum warrior nonsense, have some self awareness for crying out loud. Understand that we're an extremist fringe minority.

Also there is nothing wrong with the Series S, it plays every modern game, it's readily available and it's cheap. What a worthless post.
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Also, you cant help yourself but insult people. Just stop.

Reactions: FIREK2029
P

peter42O

My point is, how does Gamepass offer a better value proposition than PS+ Extra to a casual at this point? Casuals ain't going to care for 360 games, games that are too old, indies or the likes of Peppa Pig.

They'll also have a selection of hundreds of games on PS+ Extra (and included online play for their other games that they'll only get on Gamepass Ultimate) arguably much better games given how lackluster the Xbox games have being since forever.

Phil Spencer needs to be called out for all of this. Where are the Xbox fans to put pressure on this guy, where is the game media to call it how it is?
Personally, I see both the same with day one games on Game Pass being way more frequent and of course, all of Microsoft's first party games being day one.

But in general, for casuals, my guess would be the $300 price tag for Series S and that it's extremely easy to get. PS5 Digital has barely been produced and is $400 so even if you can find one, a casual person is always going to go with the cheaper option.

Like DynamiteCop says above me, 95% of people don't give two shits about any of this. And if it's parents, they just want to get their kids something so they can play games and be quiet, or at least to an extent. lol. Also, with so many casuals playing Fall Guys, Fortnite, Minecraft, etc., they won't care about any of this other stuff that we're discussing.

Take the Riot Games announcement. For me, it's shit and I don't care about it at all but it's going to bring in a shit ton of new consumers and gamers into the Xbox eco-system and platform which is what Microsoft cares about. The hardcore fans like us are the vast minority.

As for putting pressure on Phil, he's going to get a lot of leeway for the simple fact that if it wasn't for him convincing Nadella to keep Xbox alive, it would be dead and buried right now. For me personally, I have my issues but at the same time, since E3 2018, for myself, I always said that I would give him this entire generation. All im hoping for is that Xbox Series becomes my #1 Xbox console surpassing 360 and is at the very least #2 all time behind PS4. He accomplishes this for me despite their direction not being for me, then I won't be able to complain.

Sure, I could complain now and trust me, I have but at the same time, what's the point? 2022 is what it is and it's not going to change regardless of how much I or others complain. Just like the 2020 launch, it's set and Microsoft will simply ride it out.

OP
OP
nominedomine

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Personally, I see both the same with day one games on Game Pass being way more frequent and of course, all of Microsoft's first party games being day one.

But in general, for casuals, my guess would be the $300 price tag for Series S and that it's extremely easy to get. PS5 Digital has barely been produced and is $400 so even if you can find one, a casual person is always going to go with the cheaper option.

Like DynamiteCop says above me, 95% of people don't give two shits about any of this. And if it's parents, they just want to get their kids something so they can play games and be quiet, or at least to an extent. lol. Also, with so many casuals playing Fall Guys, Fortnite, Minecraft, etc., they won't care about any of this other stuff that we're discussing.

Take the Riot Games announcement. For me, it's shit and I don't care about it at all but it's going to bring in a shit ton of new consumers and gamers into the Xbox eco-system and platform which is what Microsoft cares about. The hardcore fans like us are the vast minority.

As for putting pressure on Phil, he's going to get a lot of leeway for the simple fact that if it wasn't for him convincing Nadella to keep Xbox alive, it would be dead and buried right now. For me personally, I have my issues but at the same time, since E3 2018, for myself, I always said that I would give him this entire generation. All im hoping for is that Xbox Series becomes my #1 Xbox console surpassing 360 and is at the very least #2 all time behind PS4. He accomplishes this for me despite their direction not being for me, then I won't be able to complain.

Sure, I could complain now and trust me, I have but at the same time, what's the point? 2022 is what it is and it's not going to change regardless of how much I or others complain. Just like the 2020 launch, it's set and Microsoft will simply ride it out.
I disagree with you in the sense that I see a causal as human being capable of thinking and not someone that will fall for a low quality product that isn't even cheaper when you account for the most basic things. A lower price point is just one factor out of many.

Like I said before, the market has already shown it's not very interested on the Series S and that's why despite the shortages it is still the console that remains on the shelves. You think the Series S will do better once there are more stock of other consoles? You think that it's absurd lack of power will allow it to age well?

edit: The LoL announcement isn't going to do shit for Xbox, those people are all playing on PC already and they are more hardcore than Xbox player. It just shows how out of touch and desperate MS is to become relevant on the PC space (the first thing MS will do if their store/gamepass ever becomes relevant on PC is to bail from Xbox).

Last edited:

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
I disagree with you in the sense that I see a causal as human being capable of thinking and not someone that will fall for a low quality product that isn't even cheaper when you account for the most basic things. A lower price point is just one factor out of many.

Like I said before, the market has already shown it's not very interested on the Series S and that's why despite the shortages it is still the console that remains on the shelves. You think the Series S will do better once there are more stock of other consoles? You think that it's absurd lack of power will allow it to age well?
The Series S remains on the shelves because Microsoft had the foresight to realize that despite semiconductor shortages they could use failed yields for Series X to produce TWO Series S consoles. They're on shelves because they can produce a fuck ton of them at will.

OP
OP
nominedomine

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
The Series S remains on the shelves because Microsoft had the foresight to realize that despite semiconductor shortages they could use failed yields for Series X to produce TWO Series S consoles. They're on shelves because they can produce a fuck ton of them at will.
That's a nice excuse for not being able to sell your product. They can't produce a fuck ton of them at will (and certainly they can't sell them) otherwise they would be able to outsell the competition and not be far behind.

Where are you getting that info from that they can use half of a defective Series S APU and use it on the Series S? I doubt that is true.

P

peter42O

Casual meaning that they're not looking into how many studios or exclusives either side has. They just want a gaming console to play whatever they want to play or for their kids to play what they want to play.

The Series S is what's keeping Microsoft close to Sony. According to ZhugeEX, PS5 is at 20m while Series is at 15m through March 31st and it's mainly due to Series S. Xbox Series has already broken their own records in Japan due to Series S. Series S isn't for me or you. It's for the consumer that simply doesn't care about all this stuff or perhaps already has a PS5 or perhaps owns a Switch and wants an Xbox just to have access to Game Pass.

Of course, while consoles are important, they're not the be all end all, especially for Microsoft where their main priority is getting consumers into their eco-system. The lack of specs for Series S isn't going to matter to those who are buying it because they don't care about that to begin with.

Series X and Series S are for two very different markets. Series X is for those like me who want the better console for various reasons while the Series S is for those who see the $300 price tag and simply jump in because what matters to people like doesn't matter to those who are buying a Series S.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
That's a nice excuse for not being able to sell your product. They can't produce a fuck ton of them at will (and certainly they can't sell them) otherwise they would be able to outsell the competition and not be far behind.

Where are you getting that info from that they can use half of a defective Series S APU and use it on the Series S? I doubt that is true.
They can't sell them? Are you daft? They're selling all of them, and have the ability to restock them. They've been beating Sony in units and revenue for months and months now in NPD.

They're moving a lot of units, you're on a serious fake news kick.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Playground released FH5 since being bought and are working on Fable.
Compulsion released We Happy Few and are working on something else.
Double Fine released Psychonauts 2 and have multiple projects in the works.
Obsidian released Outer Worlds and Grounded and have multiple projects in the works.
Ninja Theory has multiple projects in the works.
Undead Labs had just launched SoD2 and are working on SoD3.
InXile released Wasteland 3 and have multiple projects in the works.

So again, of the seven studios bought in 2018/19, six have released games and all are working on stuff. And outside of WHF and SoD2 (which I personally loved) these were all good to amazing titles. Sorry that they haven't pumped out a hundred small episodic movie games like everyone was predicting MS would fill GamePass with lol

And yeah, the COVID and timeline reasons absolutely do work to anyone with common sense.
  • Playground has two teams, right? The first team released Forza. The second team is struggling and has been working on the game for 4+ years now.
  • Obsidian couldn't release Grounded 1.0 in two years! The Outer Worlds was already done when MS purchased Obsidian. They didn't even publish the game. Private Division did. So the majority of the studio has been working on Avowed, and it's just not coming along.
  • Ninja Theory has multiple projects, yes. Are any of those other projects close to completion then?
  • Yes, Undead Labs have been working on SOD3 for 4+ years, and it's still in early production. This is exactly my point.
You say teams have been working on multiple projects and that's why they couldn't release the main game, but that's not correct. This assumes that the main game got delayed because resources were shifted to other projects, but it's not like those projects have been released either.

They have released nothing at all.

Ninja Theory may have 2-3 projects, but that's not causing the delay. Neither project is close to release, and it's been 5 years. It's just poor management, and that's on Philly boy.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Spencer is the best person Microsoft has had since Peter Moore. Until late 2017, he's always been stuck "in line" behind others (mainly Mattrick and Myerson) and when you're simply following orders from those above you, it's either you leave or you wait it out which is what Phil did. Is Spencer perfect? Hell no but he's the guy I have the most confidence in since Moore.

Microsoft has improved dramatically in regards to releasing high quality games. For those unaware, via Open Critic, Microsoft has published 7 games with an average rating of 86.8 while Sony has published 10 games with an average rating of 82.5. This is from launch to date. Thus far, the quality has been there.

However, the quantity hasn't been there as 2 of those 7 games were Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo. While both aren't available on Xbox Series yet, they are both Microsoft published games. The biggest issues for Spencer is that first and foremost, he and Booty need to be more hands on. Once a game is green lit, they should be checking in with them every three months minimum for an update/status report. Next, he really needs to visit a few studios and see what the hell is happening at them. I sure as hell wouldn't be taking anyone's word for anything. I would have to see everything with my own eyes if I was Spencer.

Perhaps even more so is the fact that they don't learn from their past mistakes. At E3 2019, Microsoft said Halo Infinite would launch with their next generation console, Holiday 2020. A full 18 months out. That obviously didn't happen but what did they do yet again? They gave Starfield a date 18 months out. How did that work out? I know some will say it's Bethesda, blah, blah, blah but it's all under Microsoft. Microsoft needs to be overseeing what the hell is going on at all these studios including Bethesda. After that, they never had a backup or contingency plan in case things don't work out.

As an Xbox fan, it's very disappointing, aggravating and frustrating but at the same time, their future is the brightest it's ever been and when this generation ends, it should go down as the best for Microsoft and Xbox with the most released exclusives they've ever had and at the highest quality they've ever had.

Just like no one remembers the great second half of 2021 that Microsoft had, no one is going to remember that outside of two AA games, how empty 2022 was if 2023 ends up being on par with 2021 or better. Sadly, the worst part is probably the simple fact that as an Xbox fan, im still waiting to be blown away and get some exclusives that I actually want to play.
That's the thing, for me at least. They may release some exclusives, but will they be good? Or, to be precise, way better than PS first-party exclusives, so much so that people are willing to abandon The Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, Spider-Man, etc. and move to Xbox?

I doubt. And until that happens, Xbox won't be able to create that snowball effect that Jim Ryan recently talked about: success begets success. High-quality games = more sales = higher budget for sequels = even higher-quality games = even more sales, so on and so forth.

P.S. Nice to see you here, @peter42O ❤️

Reactions: peter42O

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
They can't sell them? Are you daft? They're selling all of them, and have the ability to restock them. They've been beating Sony in units and revenue for months and months now in NPD.

They're moving a lot of units, you're on a serious fake news kick.
They are selling a lot of units, but they are not outselling Sony by any means.

And why just count NPD? You have to look at worldwide sales, otherwise you'll always have a flawed picture. PS5 has crossed 20 million+ units. Xbox likely hasn't even crossed 15 million.

I ran some numbers a while ago on GAF, and that showed that this gen is so far playing out similarly as last gen, and nothing has changed for Xbox in terms of unit sales (despite Gamepass or the acquisition of Bethesda and Activision).

During this same time frame, PS4 was outselling Xbox One by a factor of 1.4. That ratio started increasing from Q4 2015.

So far, PS5 has been outselling Xbox Series X|S by a factor of 1.3. And Sony is expecting to sell ~15 million units in the next 9 months. Rumors are that they have secured a big supply, so Q4 2022 (Holiday, second year, again) would be when PS5 extends that lead again.

P

peter42O

That's the thing, for me at least. They may release some exclusives, but will they be good? Or, to be precise, way better than PS first-party exclusives, so much so that people are willing to abandon The Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, Spider-Man, etc. and move to Xbox?

I doubt. And until that happens, Xbox won't be able to create that snowball effect that Jim Ryan recently talked about: success begets success. High-quality games = more sales = higher budget for sequels = even higher-quality games = even more sales, so on and so forth.

I believe that the quality will be Microsoft's best ever and while I don't see the majority of their exclusives surpassing Sony's, I just want to see Microsoft blow away their previous generations especially Xbox One because after last generation, I just want to see massive improvement and thus far, they have done that. They need to release exclusives on a more consistent basis while maintaining the high quality that they've had thus far this generation.

I don't see people for the most part jumping ship until Microsoft proves they can have an excellent generation with high quality exclusives being released on a steady and consistent basis which based on the 2020 launch and 2022, isn't looking all that great but if 2023 can do what it should on paper, then like 2021 did for the empty launch, 2023 will make majority forget about 2022.

2022 is empty outside of As Dusk Falls and Pentiment but six months from now, no one is going to care especially if one or two exclusives have release dates for the first half of 2023.

Thanks. Good to be here. :)

24 Jun 2022
Not replying to all of that, way too much. But two things:

1. Yes, MS should still go out and spend whatever on ActivisionBlizzard, because the chance to make a buy like that rarely ever happens.

2. I didn’t say anything about “Sony games” being movie games? Defensive much? Only talking about the nonsense people predicted GamePass games to be. Short, episodic low budget walk n talk games. That doesn’t sound like Sony games to me but hey, you do you.

My apologies if I misread you on the "movie games" part; it's just, that was a phrase I saw coming up online when some people wanted to be derogatory towards Sony's third-person games or dismissive of their titles as walking simulators. And a lot of your post was already about Sony so I just strung the two together. But apologies if that wasn't your intent.

All that said, my own thoughts on content for GamePass were more along the lines of there'd be fewer single player-centric games, and lots of stuff pushed towards a live service, GaaS-orientated model. Unfortunately some of those concerns have manifested with games like Halo Infinite, meanwhile stuff like Starfield isn't necessarily looking as polished as I thought it would given the cash Bethesda have access to now.

I remember some of the early rumors for Perfect Dark were in fact it being episodic, and kind of like a Black Mirror experience. That, I was actually cool with, it sounded plausible and exciting. Now? It's seemingly some type of stealth-based FPS with Crystal Dynamics, who don't have much any FPS experience, working on it, I'd say primarily, because The Initiative don't have a lot of staff. Whether it's episodic or not, knowing what the game likely is shaping up to be, doesn't make me as interested in it.

TBH I didn't have much issue with episodic games being a focal point of 1P content into GamePass provided they fit and made sense. Probably would've helped them have a better flow of content by now if some of their titles were like that, and also would work better budget-wise for the type of funding model something like GamePass supports.

Microsoft has improved dramatically in regards to releasing high quality games. For those unaware, via Open Critic, Microsoft has published 7 games with an average rating of 86.8 while Sony has published 10 games with an average rating of 82.5. This is from launch to date. Thus far, the quality has been there.

We really gotta get off the MC stuff, they aren't the end-all be-all in deciding what's quality. There's not even any consistency for how reviews are conducted, I think some of the tomfoolery earlier this year with some reviews (mainly, Elden Ring, Horizon Forbidden West, and Sifu) showed as such. Some outlets clearly scoring very specific games lower than the trending average while other games in the same IP family they were scoring at or above the trending average, the only deviation being said other games happened to be multiplat.

Then you have to ask how lenient some reviews were for certain games versus others and why some haven't been updated to reflect the actual state of games. All things considered, Halo Infinite did not deserve an 87 MC; solid gunplay alone doesn't cut it for a modern FPS, and with the rampant problems that game has had since launch you'd think a few outlets would've revised their scores to reflect the actual reality the game's shaped up to be. But it's almost like they're sitting on those scores under the impression the game will just magically get better but what if it never does?

On the flip side of that, HFW got dogged pretty hard in some reviews at launch for the state of some of its bugs (tho oddly, Elden Ring wasn't hit in scores for framepacing issues or technical issues on some platforms like PC at launch), but virtually all of those issues have been resolved by now. Why haven't some of the reviewers taken time to go back and reevaluate their scores? In fact, I remember reviewers, or at least one reviewer (maybe it was IGN) did do that for a semi-recent game; given how so many games these days get patches you'd think semi-regular review re-evaluations would be a common practice.

The only problem is that the hardcore Xbox fans are the minority, not the vast majority which are the casuals. Look up Microsoft's showcase from a few weeks ago. It was overwhelmingly positive. 90%+ all A and B grades. For me, it was a C grade (6.0/10) as I got only 5 games out of 25. No new game reveals. All 5 were already previously announced.

Microsoft's direction with Game Pass isn't for the hardcore Xbox fans. It's to get the casuals into the platform and eco-system. I'm what you would consider a hardcore Xbox fan and they're doing nothing for me right now and after Halo Infinite last December, I don't know when im getting my next exclusive. But people I know, work with and talk to who are easily casuals are loving nearly everything that they're doing because overall, they don't care about if the games are exclusive or not.

Sure, we care but the casuals out there who are not on Twitter or forums don't give two shits. They have hundreds of games to choose from in Game Pass, get day one Indies, AA games and some AAA titles here and there at a cheap price. They're more than happy.

As for Series S, it's not for me. No interest in it but for those who want a secondary/complimentary console or if you're a parent with kids, it's a brilliant move. Add in the chip shortages and it becomes an even smarter decision. Series S spec wise isn't going to matter to those who have kids or for those in which it's secondary. They won't even give it a second thought.

Here's my rub: it's not about exclusives even, it's about industry-leading 1P content. Games that are moving some or multiple aspects of game design forward, setting new standards and raising the bar, the way I'd expect at least some releases from a platform holder to regularly do. Microsoft is not successful here, in the past decade they have failed in this aspect IMO (in terms of games built in-house) outside of the Forza Horizon series. Before that, they had a best-in-class, massive IP with leadership quality in Halo but that has basically turned into a dying brand.

I can point to any number of Sony or Nintendo games over the past decade (and longer, obviously) meeting those requirements. I could point to any number of Sega games from the mid-80s up until they stopped making consoles that meet those requirements. I can't point to any Microsoft games that meet them, that they built from start to finish in-house, outside of Halo and Forza Horizon (and arguably Flight Sim but I don't know a lot about the history of that genre on PC. I know there were definitely rival flight sims back in the day however).

I want to see Microsoft's 1P output elevate itself to start hitting those standards more consistently, it's about more than just having some good games every now and again IMO. I acknowledge other things they're doing well but that doesn't have to mean them sacrificing to push where I feel they have a responsibility to as a platform holder in this industry, when it comes to creating leading, standard-setting 1P content. Which means, yes, in some ways they need to cater to the hardcore and core gaming tastes, those are the types who will recognize best what new bars are being set and appreciate them. It's not just about quantity, it's not just about sales.

One thing I've started thinking about a lot now, is Sony's games aren't just high-quality because they can get a stable dev pipeline for each one in isolation, it's also because they've spent literal decades building up their internal development studios, culture, and dev tools as well as resource pipelines. Every successive project a team's worked on has built upon lessons and knowledge gained from their previous works, and from those of their peers.

I'm talking little things, too, like how maybe Naughty Dog tried a certain facial animation for conveying a certain emotion in TLOU Part II, that they've had time to reflect on and figured out a better way to attempt something similar in a sequel or their rumored new fantasy IP. Or the way a team may've crafted a certain mission in a previous installment they can then take that experience and build upon into their next project.

That type of stuff is experience gained over years or even decades, and it's not wholly tied to technological advances, either (tho better technology might make future attempts reach their visions more closely). You can actually look at Playground as an example of that long-term experience and growth on MS's side; they didn't get to Forza Horizon 5 in one sequel, but a number of sequels, over a number of years, taking experience from each prequel into the sequel.
And that's kind of why while I'm really interested in seeing what Ninja Theory can do with Hellblade II, people expecting them to suddenly "leap" to the level of a Naughty Dog are just being really foolish IMHO; it took Naughty Dog three Uncharted games, TLOU, and even the Jak & Daxter AND Crash 1-3 to reach where they arrived at with TLOU Part II. Ninja Theory don't have that amount of overall experience, or body of work, to just leapfrog in the span of that magnitude between Hellblade to Hellblade II. It's still going to be a great game, it's just most likely not going to be on the level of a TLOU Remake or TLOU Part II, that's all.

It's not true; Series X APUs that don't cut the mustard get repurposed for Azure. If MS are producing more S than X units, it's because they're putting in way more S orders than X ones with AMD who in turn are doing the same with TSMC.

There aren't any Series S units with 56 CUs that only have 20 active, and since these consoles are monolithic it's pretty hard to almost impossible to just "chop off" bad CUs in a poor yield. Not only that, I think the Series S's Shader Arrays are set up differently from Series X's; Series X has 4x Dual 7 CUs Shader Arrays, Series S has 4x Dual 3 CU Shader Arrays (I think so anyway, how else could they get 24 CUs and not go over 7 Dual CUs per array?).

Thing is the arrays/Shader Engines share the frontend and the L2$ of the backend, so how could MS even "cut" a bad yield Series X APU's GPU and get it to Series S CU count, if the chips are monolithic? They simply can't do that.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Spencer is the best person Microsoft has had since Peter Moore. Until late 2017, he's always been stuck "in line" behind others (mainly Mattrick and Myerson) and when you're simply following orders from those above you, it's either you leave or you wait it out which is what Phil did. Is Spencer perfect? Hell no but he's the guy I have the most confidence in since Moore.

What's the timeframe for those 7 and 10 games please?

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
He's been really good. We got sequels (Halo, Forza) but we also got a lot of Japanese games like Persona, Yakuza, Soul Hackers etc. I also like how backwards compatibility has developed. I don't know a lot about management during the early years of Xbox but I'd say he's the best they've had

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
He's been really good. We got sequels (Halo, Forza) but we also got a lot of Japanese games like Persona, Yakuza, Soul Hackers etc. I also like how backwards compatibility has developed. I don't know a lot about management during the early years of Xbox but I'd say he's the best they've had

I do agree that Xbox's backwards compatibility is really good, but I cannot agree he's the best at Xbox management. A potato could have done the same if they had daddy give them 80B to buy publishers and many more billions to sink on gamepass. Xbox hasn't released anything noteworthy in years now, nada.

Reactions: arvfab

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
I do agree that Xbox's backwards compatibility is really good, but I cannot agree he's the best at Xbox management. A potato could have done the same if they had daddy give them 80B to buy publishers and many more billions to sink on gamepass. Xbox hasn't released anything noteworthy in years now, nada.
It's possible we would have gotten those games even without Spencer, true. I do think we are in good hands though

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
Yes but your list of games that launched since they were bought is almost all games that had the bulk of their development done at the time of purchase. That really doesn't speak to Phil's management skills at all really, positively or negatively.

And I wasn’t implying it did or using the list for that. Someone simply asked “where’s the games”. Again, games take years.

Status
Not open for further replies.