What will sell more Spiderman 2 or Starfield?

What will sell more Spiderman 2 or Starfield?

• Spiderman

Votes: 81 89.0%
  • Starfield

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Around the same

Votes: 5 5.5%

• Total voters

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
There's a new feature on Amazon that tells you how many people bought the game in the last month. Both Starfield and Spider-Man preorders started at the same time. 8k+ people bought Spider-Man 2 and only 1k bought Starfield đź’€

View attachment 1928View attachment 1929
This doesnt really mean anything. Starfield will be on gamepass, and Bethesda games are big on pc. Which means a lot of digital copies from steam. Spiderman will clearly sell more though. its a very well know ip.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Unless it gets a PS5 & Switch 2 version, I don't see Starfield pulling more than 14 million in lifetime sales. At least 60% of those will be on PC, and then there is Game Pass on both Xbox and PC acting as an alternative which will drive down the need to buy the game itself.

I think it can do a solid 3 million in its first month (1 million on launch day), 7 million in its first year, and then sell the rest over a period of a few years. Again, that's with Xbox & PC, majority of sales on the latter.

They aren't getting Skyrim 30+ million numbers without PlayStation and Nintendo, full stop. You can kill that dream right here and now. Skyrim also benefited from a very different market at the time where there weren't many other WRPGs around, and RPG mechanics weren't as prevalent in other AAA games. That's no longer the case, and it will still have to contend not just with Spiderman 2, but also Baulder's Gate 3, Diablo 4 (which is still going strong), TOTK (also still going strong), and FF XVI (ditto). People aren't just going to stop playing those games because Starfield's now available, no en masse.
Bethesda make pretty unique rpgs. 3D Triple A open world rpgs games are pretty rare, even to this day. Spiderman 2 is not even a rpg and is only on PlayStation. Baldur Gate 3 is pretty much the only real rpg coming out this year alongside with Starfield. BG3 moved their release date because they were going to get buried by Starfield, which was a smart move. I fully expect SF to sell well and get good reviews. BG3 and SF will be epic games. Spiderman 2 will also be great.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
BG3 moved their release date because they were going to get buried by Starfield, which was a smart move. BG3 will be epic games.
First. BG3 moved the date to make it the same as Starfield.
Second. Buried. let see.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
First. BG3 moved the date to make it the same as Starfield.
Second. Buried. let see.
Huh? You need to word this better. BG3 was slated to come out August 31, literally a day before Starfield. They now moved it to August 3. Starfield would of buried it and overshadowed it. It was a good decision.

Reactions: Frozone
25 Jul 2022
Huh? You need to word this better. BG3 was slated to come out August 31, literally a day before Starfield. They now moved it to August 3. Starfield would of buried it and overshadowed it. It was a good decision.

You sound so certain, but obviously missed the updated PS5 release date to release same day as Starfield. Would appear they're not worried about getting buried at all.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Both releasing September 6th.
Buried part, on Steam right now BG3 is third Top Seller, Starfield in 26.
Umm wrong. BG3 releases on PC next week. Makes sense why its a top 3 seller on steam right now. SF is two months away. Again BG3 release date was August 31 but was moved to August 3rd because of Starfield.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
You sound so certain, but obviously missed the updated PS5 release date to release same day as Starfield. Would appear they're not worried about getting buried at all.
Your wrong just like that other kid. BG3 was suppose to come out August 31, day before Starfield but they moved it to August 3rd to avoid Starfield.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Both releasing September 6th.
Buried part, on Steam right now BG3 is third Top Seller, Starfield in 26.
https://www.thegamer.com/baldurs-gate-3-release-date-starfield/ I rest my case. You kiddos need to do some research before opening up those vile gums of yours.

25 Jul 2022
https://www.thegamer.com/baldurs-gate-3-release-date-starfield/ I rest my case. You kiddos need to do some research before opening up those vile gums of yours.

So you really want to double down on this. And I'm a adult no need for the juvenile talk. You could have easily double checked this yourself instead of me having second hand cringe for you telling others to do research.

https://www.polygon.com/23777252/baldurs-gate-3-new-release-date-pc-ps5

PC release Aug 3
PS5 release Sep 6

mom son GIF

• fire
Reactions: FIREK2029

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
So you really want to double down on this. And I'm a adult no need for the juvenile talk. You could have easily double checked this yourself instead of me having second hand cringe for you telling others to do research.

https://www.polygon.com/23777252/baldurs-gate-3-new-release-date-pc-ps5

PC release Aug 3
PS5 release Sep 6

mom son GIF
The game releases August 3rd. Playstation gets it later. What i said still stands. It was suppose to come out august 31 a day before starfield. But moved to august 3rd. The game releases August 3rd. What you said changes nothing. Wrong again

25 Jul 2022
BG3 moved their release date because they were going to get buried by Starfield, which was a smart move.

This is the reason I replied, the PS5 version will release same day as Starfield. Which you disputed. I also think its a smart move.

Regarding sales I can't see Starfield getting anywhere close to Spider-man 2

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
This is the reason I replied, the PS5 version will release same day as Starfield. Which you disputed. I also think its a smart move.

Regarding sales I can't see Starfield getting anywhere close to Spider-man 2
No i disputed when the game comes out. Its not september 6. Its August 3rd. The game is fully playable on that date, which makes it the day it comes out. This is not rocket science.

I can. It releases on two major platforms. Xbox and PC. Spiderman 2 releases on PS5 only. No ps4 to help. I think their are 40 million ps5 users? If Starfield lives up to the hype it will probably sell more imo.

25 Jul 2022
No i disputed when the game comes out. Its not september 6. Its August 3rd. The game is fully playable on that date, which makes it the day it comes out. This is not rocket science.

I can. It releases on two major platforms. Xbox and PC. Spiderman 2 releases on PS5 only. No ps4 to help. I think their are 40 million ps5 users? If Starfield lives up to the hype it will probably sell more imo.

You could do this all day I can tell. The game releases on BOTH dates one of which coincides with Starfield. That's all I've been trying to say.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
You could do this all day I can tell. The game releases on BOTH dates one of which coincides with Starfield. That's all I've been trying to say.
BG3 and Larian studios is pc centered. The bulk of their sales will come from PC. Game comes out august 3rd. You also ignore that the game was suppose to come out august 31st, but was moved to August 3rd to avoid Starfield.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
This, and when do we stop counting.

Spiderman's long term sales may be held back by its eventual presence on PS+. Kids 2 years for now will not necessarily want to buy the discounted games as much if a lot of them are on a service they have.

Sony only put their games in PS+ when sales dry up.

Spiderman 2 will only appear on PS+ then.

There’s no set timeline. It’s a case by case basis.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
BG3 and Larian studios is pc centered. The bulk of their sales will come from PC. Game comes out august 3rd. You also ignore that the game was suppose to come out august 31st, but was moved to August 3rd to avoid Starfield.

Starfield is on windows gamespass as well. You will not be able to directly measure sales.

Sales is not an accurate metric in this case.

And BG3 isn’t going to do well…