When are we getting a 1st Party Playstation Showcase?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
They lost of billions of dollars, the PlayStation sold less (not sure what they were expecting since they had no big games)

So what is Sony planning to do to win back the confidence of its fans and shareholders?

Their studios have mostly been silent since 2019/20, I think they have all "cooked" for long enough its time to actually show something.

So what is Sony planning to do? Are we actually going to get some sort of showcase or anything really?

We don't even know anything about concord which is supposedly coming out this year?

Reactions: toadsage44
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
HD2
FFVII
RoR
SB

PS5 Pro/Some announcements-Showcase?

My brother in christ, none of those are 1st parties. They are third party console exclusives.

Im talking about Sony Studios like Naughty Dog,Sucker Punch,Asobi,bend and etc

Reactions: toadsage44

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
My brother in christ, none of those are 1st parties. They are third party console exclusives.

Im talking about Sony Studios like Naughty Dog,Sucker Punch,Asobi,bend and etc
Rise of the Ronin is first party, it is developed by Playstation devs too.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Playstation devs also helped with the motion capture for Calliato protocol, is that also "first party" now according to you?

Rise of the Ronin is published by Sony too.

Most probably financed for exclusivity.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Not counting second party is a loser mentality by modern day Xbots because almost nobody is interested in partnering with them anymore. Rejecting second party has no place in the PlayStation community

Without second party PlayStation doesn't have Helldivers 2, Returnal, Demons Souls, Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank, Spiderman 2018, Resistance, inFamous, Sly Cooper, Journey, Until Dawn, Death Stranding.... Do I need to keep going?

Without second party Nintendo doesn't have Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, Bayonetta, Metroid Dread, Earthbound, Kirby... Do I keep going?

Without second party Xbox never has Gears of War, Ori, Forza Horizon, Flight Simulator 2020, Killer Instinct 2013, Mass Effect 1

Reactions: Kyoji and icon773

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think your better off asking for when PS studio games will announce stuff otherwise people get all super defensive about 1/2/3rd party.

Reactions: Box

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Playstation devs also helped with the motion capture for Calliato protocol, is that also "first party" now according to you?
They loaned the studio and showed how it works.

it is a little different when Xdev JP team working on game, producer too. they working on it for 7 years. unless you can produce the numbers, i am inclined to trust Xdev team's producer's words and Team Ninja Producer's words.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
They dont own the ip though. Team Ninja does

Yep but not the same as Callisto protocol.

Stellar Blade is the same.

We are getting exclusive games but no denying that Playstation studios output this gen has been piss poor.

Naughty Dog have released a grand total of 0 new games this generation. I doubt they will release any game this generation from the looks of things.

They are yet to announce a game. Go figure.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko and Box

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
You'll get an E3 equivalent. And maybe a seperate announcement for the Pro.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I think your better off asking for when PS studio games will announce stuff otherwise people get all super defensive about 1/2/3rd party.

Yeah in hindsight I should have changed the title of this thread

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Yep but not the same as Callisto protocol.

Stellar Blade is the same.

We are getting exclusive games but no denying that Playstation studios output this gen has been piss poor.

Naughty Dog have released a grand total of 0 new games this generation. I doubt they will release any game this generation from the looks of things.

They are yet to announce a game. Go figure.
a lot of studios released their game right before Gen started or soon after. of course it will take some time. especially with misdirection. people just forgets that they made one of the biggest blunders in PS history? and somehow expects new game announcements? like, man. wtf..

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Without second party Nintendo doesn't have Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, Bayonetta, Metroid Dread, Earthbound, Kirby... Do I keep going.
Minor nit-pick, Nintendo does Mario Kart internally.