When are we getting a 1st Party Playstation Showcase?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
For me personally, PlayStation 4 had more games through 38 months while PlayStation 5 has higher rated games. All completed.

- PlayStation 4
1. Knack - 6.5/10
2. Infamous First Light - 7.0/10
3. The Order: 1886 - 7.0/10
4. Until Dawn - 7.0/10
5. Ratchet & Clank - 8.5/10
6. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 8.5/10
7. Alienation - 8.5/10
8. Shadow of the Beast - 6.5/10
Overall: 7.4/10

- PlayStation 5
1. Marvel's Spider Man: Miles Morales - 9.0/10
2. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - 9.0/10
3. Horizon Forbidden West - 9.0/10
4. God of War Ragnarok - 9.5/10
5. Marvel's Spider Man 2 - 9.0/10
Overall: 9.1/10

If I include third party console exclusives which only applies to PlayStation 5 for me, they would be Kena: Bridge of Spirits and Final Fantasy XVI. Rated both an 8.5/10. All seven games would be an overall rating of 8.9/10 for me.

Either way, PlayStation 5 has been better for me when compared to PlayStation 4 in the same 38 month time frame.

The same years in kinda agree. But I weigh the rest of the industry’s presence just as importantly. Only difference that when it comes to bloodborne and witcher vs Elden ring and cyberpunk… I prefer the former and they just hit way harder for me. I’ve also fallen behind on the quality stuff I want to play like Armored Core and Baldur’s Gate, there’s variety from the one and done popcorn bs etc… I don’t care about the first party exclusive list fanboy nutjub nonsense. This gen has still been fantastic so far and the ps5 a better console because of it.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
In regards to the showcase… wouldn’t you just expect it to coincide with previous ones?

No major PlayStation sequels doesn’t mean nothing at all. But a bunch seems to have been jumbled from those translations so I don’t remember the accurate statement….

Industry is ripe for new stuff and there’s a bunch of new faces storming into 2024 already with Helldivers, Palworld (debatable because it’s plagiarism) and Granblue and more coming with Stellar Blade and Ronin.

Internally developed is whatever. I don’t remember Sony as Nintendo. You honestly kinda didn’t give a shit about their internal stuff aside from GT and Wipeout until the end of ps3 and ps4 era (and I kinda still don’t outside Santa Monica but whatever). These were platforms driven by third party exclusives due to whatever consequence, from a better storage medium vs the n64 to now… where is Xbox is a dead platform for third party game sales and ps5 is the only home console.

Third party deals gave you Bloodborne. I will take the next bloodborne (I don’t mean a sequel but something that hits as hard as it did for me) over any PlayStation studio developed game if it comes thru fostering partnerships. That’s all good.

And to be honest… Sony has been historically excellent with its exclusive picks. From From Sofrware to friggin Fortnite launching exclusively on ps4 😂

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I wasn't aware cross gen games are now counted as PS5 only exclusives. Keep living in your delusional bubble to convince yourself you are right.
Foolish little kid, look at what I was replying to before you embarrass yourself! Well, you embarrass yourself on a daily basis 😂 so I can’t say I’m surprised.

No denying that Playstation studios output this gen has been piss poor.
I know reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit, but this clearly says “PlayStation studios output”. Not “PS5 only games” 🤦‍♂️

Damn this is the 33rd L I’ve served you just this week alone, you don’t get tired of being destroyed by my over and over and over? 😂😂

Will you finally learn your lesson and stop trying me? I doubt it, it’s now officially confirmed that you have a humiliation kink.

I don't mind them either, but you must have some sort of humiliation kink, everytime you come for me, it never ends well for you 😂 Well, it never ends well for anyone, I'm undefeated on this forum 😎

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sony didn't make those games, im specifically talking about playstation studio games not sure why you guys want to go to extreme mental gymnastics
With the exception of Final Fantasy (exclusive moneyhatted by Sony, if not obviously wouldn't be exclusive, because unless paid enough for a 3rd party to make exclusive games is to leave money in the table) these Sony published games are funded, published, produced, localized and marketed by Sony.

And like in the PlayStation Studios games whose lead studio is a Sony owned studio, in the 2nd party games there are also multiple Sony internal support teams (plus several external outsourcing ones hired/paid by Sony) who help codevelop the game.

As an example, in Helldivers 2 worked different Sony PlayStation Creative Arts production, engineering, art, animation, music, sound, UI/UX, graphic design, support, film, cg & motion graphics, localization, voice over, operations, user research, quality assurance and more support teams from North America, Europe and Asia. There are way more developers from Sony who worked on this team than from Arrowhead.

In fact, normally the lead studio (Arrowhead in case of Helldivers 2) is typically only around 10% of the total amount of developers who work in a game like these.

And this isn't counting Sony people for publishing, marketing, IT, game analytics, online technology, tools (including help from Nixxes), finances, communications, legal and others, plus PS Studios and SIE management.

So yes, 2nd party games are games made by Sony even if Sony hired the lead development team. You can inform yourself double checking it in the game credits.

Reactions: Box

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Foolish little kid, look at what I was replying to before you embarrass yourself! Well, you embarrass yourself on a daily basis 😂 so I can’t say I’m surprised.

I know reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit, but this clearly says “PlayStation studios output”. Not “PS5 only games” 🤦‍♂️

Damn this is the 33rd L I’ve served you just this week alone, you don’t get tired of being destroyed by my over and over and over? 😂😂

Will you finally learn your lesson and stop trying me? I doubt it, it’s now officially confirmed that you have a humiliation kink.
Let me know when you actually reply actually refuting a point instead of coming back with the recycled kindergarten self proclaiming/ gloating about your imaginary victor(ies) on a forum... 🤕

You listing cross gen games as a way to pad PS5 games is pathetic and the fact you still can't refute what I said, you're back here claiming you served "L's"

Not you having the nerve to call me Foolish Little Kid meanwhile you constantly type like a 14 year old who's just learning internet slangs.

PS4 first 3 years was simply better when it comes to first party output and that's a fact.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Let me know when you actually reply actually refuting a point instead of coming back with the recycled kindergarten self proclaiming/ gloating about your imaginary victor(ies) on a forum... 🤕

You listing cross gen games as a way to pad PS5 games is pathetic and the fact you still can't refute what I said, you're back here claiming you served "L's"

Not you having the nerve to call me Foolish Little Kid meanwhile you constantly type like a 14 year old who's just learning internet slangs.

PS4 first 3 years was simply better when it comes to first party output and that's a fact.
😂😂😂 As usual, instead of admitting you were wrong and apologizing to your master, you start senselessly ranting 🤣

Cry all you want, the discussion was “PlayStation studios output”, not “PS5 only games”. But of course you’ll conveniently ignore that because you know you look silly 😂

Hold your L and run along, or do what you always do and continue to embarrass yourself 😂 I’ll go enjoy this beautiful Sunday morning, take care.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
😂😂😂 As usual, instead of admitting you were wrong and apologizing to your master, you start senselessly ranting 🤣

Cry all you want, the discussion was “PlayStation studios output”, not “PS5 only games”. But of course you’ll conveniently ignore that because you know you look silly 😂

Hold your L and run along, or do what you always do and continue to embarrass yourself 😂 I’ll go enjoy this beautiful Sunday morning, take care.
I didn't ignore anything, you are simply using bad faith semantics to justify poor first party PS5 support.

Because if we take away the PS5 we would still have games like:

Miles Morales
Gran Turismo 7
God of War: Ragnarok
Horizon Forbidden West

And the quality wouldn't have suffered as all these games play and look amazing on PS4 / Pro

We already played Demons Souls on PS3 so it's not like it's a brand new experience

That leaves us with

Returnal
Ratchet
Spiderman 2
Call of The Mountain
Burning Shores

Absolutely pitiful performance 4 years into a generation.

And you go enjoy the day!

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I didn't ignore anything, you are simply using bad faith semantics to justify poor first party PS5 support.

Because if we take away the PS5 we would still have games like:

Miles Morales
Gran Turismo 7
God of War: Ragnarok
Horizon Forbidden West

And the quality wouldn't have suffered as all these games play and look amazing on PS4 / Pro

We already played Demons Souls on PS3 so it's not like it's a brand new experience

That leaves us with

Returnal
Ratchet
Spiderman 2
Call of The Mountain
Burning Shores

Absolutely pitiful performance 4 years into a generation.

And you go enjoy the day!
what if people's first console is PS5? do i care what came on PS4/PS4Pro? of course not.

i only care what games came to PS5.

''We already played Demons Souls on PS3 so it's not like it's a brand new experience''

maybe you did, i didn't. did you play Demon's Souls in 4K, 60fps? so it is new experience.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
In regards to the showcase… wouldn’t you just expect it to coincide with previous ones?

No major PlayStation sequels doesn’t mean nothing at all. But a bunch seems to have been jumbled from those translations so I don’t remember the accurate statement….
In the past Sony made their showcases typically around early June orr late May due to E3, and some year in September instead maybe because some teams had delays for the trailers or needed more time.

This year E3 no longer exist, so there's less pressure to make it there. But it worked for them, and I assume they'll continue having a big summer State of Play or Showcase to highlight the main games coming to PS mostly during H2 2024 and H1 2025.

As always, it would have a mixture of first party games, maybe some 3rd party exclusives, some big top seller multiplatform games with marketing deal for that season and maybe a handhul cool indies with potential.

From the first party side I think we could get there gameplay reveals and maybe release date of Concord, Until Dawn remake, Marathon, Death Stranding 2 and maybe the announcement of Cory's new IP, Horizon Online or the next Team Asobi game. We could also see there some China or India Hero Projects like Convallaria or Lost Soul Aside, but I'd move them to a separate event.

Internally developed is whatever. I don’t remember Sony as Nintendo. You honestly kinda didn’t give a shit about their internal stuff aside from GT and Wipeout until the end of ps3 and ps4 era (and I kinda still don’t outside Santa Monica but whatever). These were platforms driven by third party exclusives due to whatever consequence, from a better storage medium vs the n64 to now… where is Xbox is a dead platform for third party game sales and ps5 is the only home console.
Yes, outside recent Nintendo platforms, most games sold always have been 3rd party, and most of the top sellers always have been 3rd party.

Third party deals gave you Bloodborne. I will take the next bloodborne (I don’t mean a sequel but something that hits as hard as it did for me) over any PlayStation studio developed game if it comes thru fostering partnerships. That’s all good.
I know what you mean, but Bloodborne is a first party game because it's a game published by Sony (plus Sony owns the brand and codeveloped it), even if the lead development team, FromSoft wasn't owned by Sony. Which makes it a 2nd party game in addition to a fist party game.

3rd party deals are for games published by companies not owned by Sony. A few examples: a marketing deal for Elden Ring, published by Bandai Namco. Or an exclusivity deal for a Final Fantasy game with Square Enix. Or a VR exclusivity deal for Resident Evil games with Capcom, or to agree with them to release Street Fighter 6 and RE4 Remake in PS4 but not in Xbox One.

what if people's first console is PS5? do i care what came on PS4/PS4Pro? of course not.

''We already played Demons Souls on PS3 so it's not like it's a brand new experience''

maybe you did, i didn't. did you play Demon's Souls in 4K, 60fps? so it is new experience.
I only played a few hours of both versions in the same Full HD tv, but for me Demon's Souls in PS5 felt a very different experience in PS5 specially because of the highly changed and improved visuals and artstyle, plus the contoller stuff.

Instead, TLOUP1 for me felt the same game and experience I played in PS3. Yes, maybe since then the visuals were improved in the remaster and later in the remake, but since the artstyle was basically the same the game felt the same to me.

I assume the idea of the remasters and remakes, in addition to update them for the newer platforms is to keep them fresh and more appealing for a new audience, people who originally didn't play them.

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

Yeah because majority of buyers of a brand new PlayStation 5 will be users who never owned a console before ... GREAT LOGIC

What does that change that you still didn't need a PS5 to play it's so called exclusives someone here listed?

Great if YOU care about what games that comes to PS5, that's not the basis of the discussion, so should it really matter?

And if you didn't play Demon Souls it was a personal choice.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They do own the IP. They’re publishing it. Sony doesn't publish unless they own the IP.
Pretty sure I read its one of those times they dont own the ip. Could be wrong

Not sure how solid this is

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Yeah because majority of buyers of a brand new PlayStation 5 will be users who never owned a console before ... GREAT LOGIC

What does that change that you still didn't need a PS5 to play it's so called exclusives someone here listed?

Great if YOU care about what games that comes to PS5, that's not the basis of the discussion, so should it really matter?

And if you didn't play Demon Souls it was a personal choice.
30% are new users, not majority, still pretty big part. Plus, plenty of users traded, sold their PS4, so what they should do? Don't buy the games, rebuy PS4? They don't care what is and isn't on PS4, those games still Playstation studios's games.

What if i was 5 or 7 years old when Demon's Souls came? Yes, it was their personal choice don't buy 😂

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
30% are new users, not majority, still pretty big part. Plus, plenty of users traded, sold their PS4, so what they should do? Don't buy the games, rebuy PS4? They don't care what is and isn't on PS4, those games still Playstation studios's games.

What if i was 5 or 7 years old when Demon's Souls came? Yes, it was their personal choice don't buy 😂
You are trying to change the discussion here. Again, how are GT7, HFW, Miles Morales, Ragnarok... PS5 Exclusives?

A person getting into gaming could also buy a cheap PS4 and experience these same games without a drop in quality... So why are they listed as PS5 exclusives in here? Lol

So now we are doing hypothetical arguments? Okay!

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
According to the leaked Insomniac games, the most newest data they had was from a year ago, and said 50% of PS5 users were new to PS.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You are trying to change the discussion here. Again, how are GT7, HFW, Miles Morales, Ragnarok... PS5 Exclusives?

A person getting into gaming could also buy a cheap PS4 and experience these same games without a drop in quality... So why are they listed as PS5 exclusives in here? Lol

So now we are doing hypothetical arguments? Okay!
It is Playstation studios's games. Read the fucking thread name and first comment.

He could also buy PS2, or PS3, xbox, or switch, stop mumbling nonsense.

PS5 owners don't care what PS4 getting unless PS5 is skipped, and still PS5 would get it through BC 😂

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
The same years in kinda agree. But I weigh the rest of the industry’s presence just as importantly. Only difference that when it comes to bloodborne and witcher vs Elden ring and cyberpunk… I prefer the former and they just hit way harder for me. I’ve also fallen behind on the quality stuff I want to play like Armored Core and Baldur’s Gate, there’s variety from the one and done popcorn bs etc… I don’t care about the first party exclusive list fanboy nutjub nonsense. This gen has still been fantastic so far and the ps5 a better console because of it.

I agree in regards to in general including third party games. I didn't add any of that because the topic says first party. lol

I go overall once the generation ends to see how it all shapes up and whatnot. The Witcher 3 was my PS4/XBO game of the generation which was 2015. For this generation, it's Starfield but unlike The Witcher 3 which is set in stone, Starfield isn't since we still have a few more years left. I have no interest in Elden Ring or Baldur's Gate 3 as they're not my type of games but watching a few videos of Baldur's Gate 3, this probably is the game of the generation in general. Still haven't played Cyberpunk 2077 yet. lol

PlayStation 5 overall has definitely been better thus far. Exclusives, multi-platform games, indies, JRPG's, etc. List goes on and on.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It is Playstation studios's games. Read the fucking thread name and first comment.

He could also buy PS2, or PS3, xbox, or switch, stop mumbling nonsense.

PS5 owners don't care what PS4 getting unless PS5 is skipped, and still PS5 would get it through BC 😂
Why would I read the thread name and first comment when my comment was never replying to the first comment? You literally hop in here and replied to my comment and I was replying to a comment, acting like you dunno how forum threads work at your big age. Like you're making no sense other than to play semantics to attempt to discredit my opinion... Which you are doing a piss poor job at, just like PlayStation's current internal first party output.

And it's not nonsense... HFW, GT7, Ragnarok, Miles Morales are Cross Gen games... Your stupid analogy about past consoles is the mumbling nonsense here. Since cross gen was never really a thing until PS4 era.

So you basically agreed the games are not PS5 exclusives then... All that beating around the bush just to covertly admit that. 🤣

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Why would I read the thread name and first comment when my comment was never replying to the first comment? You literally hop in here and replied to my comment and I was replying to a comment, acting like you dunno how forum threads work at your big age. Like you're making no sense other than to play semantics to attempt to discredit my opinion... Which you are doing a piss poor job at, just like PlayStation's current internal first party output.

And it's not nonsense... HFW, GT7, Ragnarok, Miles Morales are Cross Gen games... Your stupid analogy about past consoles is the mumbling nonsense here. Since cross gen was never really a thing until PS4 era.

So you basically agreed the games are not PS5 exclusives then... All that beating around the bush just to covertly admit that. 🤣
I am basically saying it is still Playstation studios's games. Still playing superior versions, especially loadings. So still cry, PS5 still getting all games in superior class.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I am basically saying it is still Playstation studios's games. Still playing superior versions, especially loadings. So still cry, PS5 still getting all games in superior class.
And my comment was about console exclusives and I stated at this stage we had more first party next gen only exclusives from PS out on PS4... It's literally a fact.

And why would I go cry? 💀
I played all these games on PS5... it's my main platform 🤡