When are we getting a 1st Party Playstation Showcase?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You are trying to change the discussion here. Again, how are GT7, HFW, Miles Morales, Ragnarok... PS5 Exclusives?

A person getting into gaming could also buy a cheap PS4 and experience these same games without a drop in quality... So why are they listed as PS5 exclusives in here? Lol

So now we are doing hypothetical arguments? Okay!
Well, they are not in rival consoles. So they are exclusives.

Some may be ported to PC, or also be available in their previous console. But not in rival consoles.

AAA games are super expensive to be made, so need to be available to the biggest amount possible of players.

Unless they have some top IP like Spider-Man and a talented team that gives people confidence, so pretty much guarantee them a ton of sales, pretty much record selling ones, the PS5 userbase for many of them isn't enough.

On top of that, AAA games released nowadays require around 5-9 years to be made, the current gen is 4 years old and they had the specs and devkits around 5 years ago. And next gen engines still don't take full advantage of the hardware, need more time.

That means that we are are starting to see the first games designed for this hardware, and many of the current ones and the previous ones were designed and started to be developed for previous gen hardware with previous gen engines and tools.

So there wouldn't be any meaningful change between making a game exclusive or crossgen, to go next gen only would only mean to leave money in the table making it way less profitable, and probably even to lose many millions with the game.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
And my comment was about console exclusives and I stated at this stage we had more first party next gen only exclusives from PS out on PS4... It's literally a fact.

And why would I go cry? 💀
I played all these games on PS5... it's my main platform 🤡
And? We all know that. PS4 got games, PS5 getting games, even more and bigger from Playstation studios 😂

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
And? We all know that. PS4 got games, PS5 getting games, even more and bigger from Playstation studios 😂
So what exactly was your purpose of replying to my comment then if in the end you had nothing of substance to add? Lmao

Enjoy your day man.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
So what exactly was your purpose of replying to my comment then if in the end you had nothing of substance to add? Lmao

Enjoy your day man.
PS4 first 3 years was simply better when it comes to first party output and that's a fact.
you first tried to argue that PS4 got better First Party games, but that is a lie, PS5 has got way superior games.

then you tried to move goalpost trying to add road bumps and conditions to disallowed many games by trying justify your bullshit.

next time, make better points where you don't need move goalposts all over multiple comments. this time, take an L, move on and learn, because you starting to sound as petty little green rat.

24 Jun 2022
With the exception of Final Fantasy (exclusive moneyhatted by Sony, if not obviously wouldn't be exclusive, because unless paid enough for a 3rd party to make exclusive games is to leave money in the table) these Sony published games are funded, published, produced, localized and marketed by Sony.

And like in the PlayStation Studios games whose lead studio is a Sony owned studio, in the 2nd party games there are also multiple Sony internal support teams (plus several external outsourcing ones hired/paid by Sony) who help codevelop the game.

As an example, in Helldivers 2 worked different Sony PlayStation Creative Arts production, engineering, art, animation, music, sound, UI/UX, graphic design, support, film, cg & motion graphics, localization, voice over, operations, user research, quality assurance and more support teams from North America, Europe and Asia. There are way more developers from Sony who worked on this team than from Arrowhead.

In fact, normally the lead studio (Arrowhead in case of Helldivers 2) is typically only around 10% of the total amount of developers who work in a game like these.

And this isn't counting Sony people for publishing, marketing, IT, game analytics, online technology, tools (including help from Nixxes), finances, communications, legal and others, plus PS Studios and SIE management.

So yes, 2nd party games are games made by Sony even if Sony hired the lead development team. You can inform yourself double checking it in the game credits.

Sony helped with areas of development on FF VII Remake, Rebirth, and FF XVI. In fact FF VII Remake was initially being handled by another studio before requiring a shift, and Sony helped Square-Enix with that.

So calling them a "moneyhat" is reductive and actually just reinforces the talking points of people like Phil Spencer, who use similar lingo to belittle and downplay the business dynamic between Sony and Square-Enix. I'd describe the situation with mainline FF games on PlayStation with terms other than that one, considering its loaded connotations these days and inaccurate reflection of the actual dynamics.

Reactions: Umar

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sony helped with areas of development on FF VII Remake, Rebirth, and FF XVI. In fact FF VII Remake was initially being handled by another studio before requiring a shift, and Sony helped Square-Enix with that.

So calling them a "moneyhat" is reductive and actually just reinforces the talking points of people like Phil Spencer, who use similar lingo to belittle and downplay the business dynamic between Sony and Square-Enix. I'd describe the situation with mainline FF games on PlayStation with terms other than that one, considering its loaded connotations these days and inaccurate reflection of the actual dynamics.
By moneyhat I mean to pay a company mostly in exchange of getting an exclusive from them.

Things like providing some tech support or marketing could be part of the deal (even if it's something Sony and MS do with all major publishers), but the important part here would be paying a 3rd party publisher to make it console exclusive to avoid seeing it released in rival consoles at least during some time.

Paid 3rd party exclusives (what I call money hats) existed since the NES vs Master System era. It's something Nintendo, Sega, Sony or Microsoft always did.

They do it to differentiate their catalog from competing platforms with cool games and make their consoles more appealing.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Oct 2022
they sold less than expected not because they didn't had big games, but because their expectation was very bullish.

a competent company sees his internal roadmap and understands they are dry as fuck therefore they seek 2nd and 3rd party partnerships

Between 2 and 4 first-party games will be announced this year for sure.
They sold less because of hardware price increases.
Lets not forget PS+ also got a dramatically high price increase as well.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Oct 2022
With the exception of Final Fantasy (exclusive moneyhatted by Sony, if not obviously wouldn't be exclusive, because unless paid enough for a 3rd party to make exclusive games is to leave money in the table) these Sony published games are funded, published, produced, localized and marketed by Sony.

And like in the PlayStation Studios games whose lead studio is a Sony owned studio, in the 2nd party games there are also multiple Sony internal support teams (plus several external outsourcing ones hired/paid by Sony) who help codevelop the game.

As an example, in Helldivers 2 worked different Sony PlayStation Creative Arts production, engineering, art, animation, music, sound, UI/UX, graphic design, support, film, cg & motion graphics, localization, voice over, operations, user research, quality assurance and more support teams from North America, Europe and Asia. There are way more developers from Sony who worked on this team than from Arrowhead.

In fact, normally the lead studio (Arrowhead in case of Helldivers 2) is typically only around 10% of the total amount of developers who work in a game like these.

And this isn't counting Sony people for publishing, marketing, IT, game analytics, online technology, tools (including help from Nixxes), finances, communications, legal and others, plus PS Studios and SIE management.

So yes, 2nd party games are games made by Sony even if Sony hired the lead development team. You can inform yourself double checking it in the game credits.
It's not money hatting cause MS would outbid them.

They choose to work with the more popular and capable Sony.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
you first tried to argue that PS4 got better First Party games, but that is a lie, PS5 has got way superior games.

The irony of you claiming I am moving the goal post, when that's what you are attempting to do because you ended up having to agree with what I said in the end previously... So what do you now? You're using my words out of context.

So since you wanna keep arguing, let me indulge you one last time and end this dumb argument You're so scared to walk away from...

I never once in here stated PS4 had better games... In- fact I literally said it would be pointless to rate games since it's all subjective and so it's best to stick to just comparing the amount games released.

The way you think my previous comments in this thread suddenly disappears, because you're so desperate to rewrite things to grab some imagery "W" on a forum... how pathetic 💀

Ratings is pointless in a discussion like this as that's all subjective. But it's just disingenuous to claim PS5 has a better start than PS4 first party wise launch aligned. Just straight up delulu

Don't see how games like

Miles Morales
Horizon Forbidden West
GT7
God of War: Ragnarok

Are being counted as PS5 Exclusive games in a discussion about first party support when you don't need a PS5 to play these games... 🥴

NOTE: I said "better start" 🤡

then you tried to move goalpost trying to add road bumps and conditions to disallowed many games by trying justify your bullshit.

I didn't move any Goal posts. I was literally asked to state why I think the PS4 had a better start when it comes to first party exclusives when compared to the PS5 aligned ... And so I did and

PS4 first 3 years - console exclusive 1st party games

Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Infamous Second Son / First Light
The Last Guardian
Tear Away
Gravity Rush 2
Uncharted 4
Drive Club

PS5 still doesn't have an exclusive that is on the same level as Uncharted 4 and no Spiderman 2 ain't it...

And I didn't even include 2nd party stuff like

Bloodborne
Until Dawn
Ratchet
Order 1886

Nor the other 2017 exclusives that PS4 would have gotten in its 4th year.

Take off your bias blinders

I wasn't aware cross gen games are now counted as PS5 only exclusives. Keep living in your delusional bubble to convince yourself you are right.

Demon Souls
Ratchet
Spiderman 2
Returnal

Only PS5 Exclusives.

I guess I'll throw them a bone and padd the list with

Horizon Call of The Mountain - tho hardly anyone played it

And Burning Shores

To be fair since I included: First Light

3 full fledged in-house console exclusive in 3 years... 2 made by Insomnic

And a PS3 remake

Congrats

next time, make better points where you don't need move goalposts all over multiple comments. this time, take an L, move on and learn, because you starting to sound as petty little green rat.

So next time try to follow the chain of dialogue before you come at me claiming I'm moving goal posts because your little fragile ego can't allow you to admit you were wrong and or the fact your argument held no weight from the get go...

I ain't taking no L since my comment literally dispells your weak ass bullshit argument You're attempting, yet again.

And I don't give a shit what you THINK I'm starting to sound like. I don't even own an Xbox nor give a shit to talk about that garbage brand... So maybe you need to get that mind of yours evaluated if you're developing such deep delusions 🤣

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Well we do need to know what's coming out in the end of the year unless they have NOTHING, they are not going to shadow drop Bloodborne 2,Last of Us 3 and Ghost of Tsushima 2
They will have Concord for, most likely, Q3, which can be detailed in a State of Play. Sony rarely releases big first-party games in Q4 anyway.

Most of their games are front-loaded in the year, e.g., Horizon Forbidden West, Rift Apart, Returnal, Ronin, Helldivers 2, TLOU 2 Remastered, Stellar Blade, GT 7, etc.