When are we getting a 1st Party Playstation Showcase?

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
"Piss poor"? So are you saying the 1st 3 years of ps4 or ps3 gen are better than ps5 gen? Stop the cap 🤦‍♂️

How is 9 firsts party games in 3 years considered "piss poor"?

Insomniac - Miles Morales November 2020
Bluepoint - Demon's Souls November 2020
Housemarque - Returnal April 2021
Insomniac - Rift Apart June 2021
Guerilla - Horizon Forbidden West February 2022
Polyphony - Gran Turismo 7 March 2022
Santa Monica - GoW Ragnarok November 2022
Firesprite - Horizon Call of the Mountain February 2023
Insomniac - Spider-Man 2 October 2023

I like how half the games listed are from Insomniac, why can't the other studios be as efficient as them.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
"Piss poor"? So are you saying the 1st 3 years of ps4 or ps3 gen are better than ps5 gen? Stop the cap 🤦‍♂️

How is 9 firsts party games in 3 years considered "piss poor"?

Insomniac - Miles Morales November 2020
Bluepoint - Demon's Souls November 2020
Housemarque - Returnal April 2021
Insomniac - Rift Apart June 2021
Guerilla - Horizon Forbidden West February 2022
Polyphony - Gran Turismo 7 March 2022
Santa Monica - GoW Ragnarok November 2022
Firesprite - Horizon Call of the Mountain February 2023
Insomniac - Spider-Man 2 October 2023
Yes first 3 years of PS4 was better be for real and stop the cap.

You realize 4 of those games are also on PS4?

Then we have a PS3 remake on that list

Reactions: toadsage44

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They lost of billions of dollars, the PlayStation sold less (not sure what they were expecting since they had no big games)
Not true, they had profits and PlayStation sold more.

So what is Sony planning to do to win back the confidence of its fans and shareholders?
To continue breaking many gaming history records, as they did this quarter, when most metrrics were better than last year.

Their studios have mostly been silent since 2019/20,
Total lie. They released, announced and shown many games since them. This year they already released a couple and have a lot of releases planned for this year.

So what is Sony planning to do?
Same as always, will continue selling a lot of consoles, a lot of games for it, will continue breaking record revenue numbers in many areas and will continue announcing, showing and releasing games as always.

Are we actually going to get some sort of showcase or anything really?
They don't do showcases every year. When they do them, they are in May/June or in September.

We don't even know anything about concord which is supposedly coming out this year?
We know several thinks, most of them are in the PS blog post of the game announcement. They also released a teaser. Sony has a lot of important releases for this year, so obviously they will prioritize the games being released sooner.

As an example, Sony just released Helldivers 2 and FFVII Rebirth, and soon will release Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade after it.

Playstation devs also helped with the motion capture for Calliato protocol, is that also "first party" now according to you?
No. First party game means game published by the platform holder. Callisto Protocol is a 3rd party game because Sony didn't publish it, same case or other games where Sony did help/support them in some area (like Kena or FF XVI)

You'll get an E3 equivalent.
The E3 was made by the big publishers with presence in USA like Sony. They killed E3 because most big publishers like Sony were no longer supporting it because doesn't make sense anymore to throw there many millions per year, when nowadays is way more effective and profitable to publish videos globally instead.

There may continue having important State of Play/Showcase in late May/early June. But I highly doubt Sony would make a big presential event, even less in some very expensive city.

For them is better to post the stuff on Yotutube, their blog and social media.

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
My brother in christ, none of those are 1st parties. They are third party console exclusives.

Im talking about Sony Studios like Naughty Dog,Sucker Punch,Asobi,bend and etc

They lost of billions of dollars, the PlayStation sold less (not sure what they were expecting since they had no big games)

they sold less than expected not because they didn't had big games, but because their expectation was very bullish.

a competent company sees his internal roadmap and understands they are dry as fuck therefore they seek 2nd and 3rd party partnerships

Between 2 and 4 first-party games will be announced this year for sure.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The other studios I can understand but Naughty Dog no.

That blunder didn’t happen overnight. Did it take them 4 years to realise they will be unable to support a live service game?

Let alone make one.
Maybe what happened is that ND wanted to develop at the same time TLOU Online and a couple SP games at the same time, but that plan included to increase the TLOU Online staff for the final push and post launch.

Maybe they had planned to grow the sudio even more to achieve so, but were told that due to mostly unpredictable external factors in some months instead of growing they were going to have to fire a handful dozen guys.

Things change, and years ago they couldn't have predicted covid, its effects increasing hardware costs and shipments, mixed with economical crysis to the point of stopping the growth in gaming market for maybe the first time since 1983, bad currency exchange, big inflation and many investors shifting from gaming to AI. All these things and other more affected and will continue affecting their profitability, so have to cut some fat.

Sony (and ND) grew a ton in recent years, but for some time they now need to pause the growth and clean the house a bit before continuing growing probably next year.

ND could have continued with TLOU Online and temporally moving temporally enough people from their SP games to achieve so, delaying these SP games. But they prefered instead to kill TLOU Online and to make SP games only going forward.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Muddasar

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
PS4 first 3 years - console exclusive 1st party games

Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Infamous Second Son / First Light
The Last Guardian
Tear Away
Gravity Rush 2
Uncharted 4
Drive Club

PS5 still doesn't have an exclusive that is on the same level as Uncharted 4 and no Spiderman 2 ain't it...

And I didn't even include 2nd party stuff like

Bloodborne
Until Dawn
Ratchet
Order 1886

Nor the other 2017 exclusives that PS4 would have gotten in its 4th year.

Take off your bias blinders

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
For me personally, PlayStation 4 had more games through 38 months while PlayStation 5 has higher rated games. All completed.

- PlayStation 4
1. Knack - 6.5/10
2. Infamous First Light - 7.0/10
3. The Order: 1886 - 7.0/10
4. Until Dawn - 7.0/10
5. Ratchet & Clank - 8.5/10
6. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 8.5/10
7. Alienation - 8.5/10
8. Shadow of the Beast - 6.5/10
Overall: 7.4/10

- PlayStation 5
1. Marvel's Spider Man: Miles Morales - 9.0/10
2. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - 9.0/10
3. Horizon Forbidden West - 9.0/10
4. God of War Ragnarok - 9.5/10
5. Marvel's Spider Man 2 - 9.0/10
Overall: 9.1/10

If I include third party console exclusives which only applies to PlayStation 5 for me, they would be Kena: Bridge of Spirits and Final Fantasy XVI. Rated both an 8.5/10. All seven games would be an overall rating of 8.9/10 for me.

Either way, PlayStation 5 has been better for me when compared to PlayStation 4 in the same 38 month time frame.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Vertigo and DocRay

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Ratings is pointless in a discussion like this as that's all subjective. But it's just disingenuous to claim PS5 has a better start than PS4 first party wise launch aligned. Just straight up delulu

Don't see how games like

Miles Morales
Horizon Forbidden West
GT7
God of War: Ragnarok

Are being counted as PS5 Exclusive games in a discussion about first party support when you don't need a PS5 to play these games... 🥴

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
PS4 first 3 years - console exclusive 1st party games

Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Infamous Second Son / First Light
The Last Guardian
Tear Away
Gravity Rush 2
Uncharted 4
Drive Club

PS5 still doesn't have an exclusive that is on the same level as Uncharted 4 and no Spiderman 2 ain't it...

And I didn't even include 2nd party stuff like

Bloodborne
Until Dawn
Ratchet
Order 1886

Nor the other 2017 exclusives that PS4 would have gotten in its 4th year.

Take off your bias blinders
Ratings is pointless in a discussion like this as that's all subjective. But it's just disingenuous to claim PS5 has a better start than PS4 first party wise launch aligned. Just straight up delulu

Don't see how games like

Miles Morales
Horizon Forbidden West
GT7

Are being counted as PS5 Exclusive games in a discussion about first party support when you don't need a PS5 to play these games... 🥴

Don't see how games like

Miles Morales
Horizon Forbidden West
GT7

that’s 8, I posted 9 for ps5 🤔

Ps5 gen wins in both quality and quantity

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Sony just released Helldivers 2 and FFVII Rebirth, and soon will release Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade after it.

Sony didn't make those games, im specifically talking about playstation studio games not sure why you guys want to go to extreme mental gymnastics

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
that’s 8, I posted 9 for ps5 🤔

Ps5 gen wins in both quality and quantity
I wasn't aware cross gen games are now counted as PS5 only exclusives. Keep living in your delusional bubble to convince yourself you are right.

Demon Souls
Ratchet
Spiderman 2
Returnal

Only PS5 Exclusives.

I guess I'll throw them a bone and padd the list with

Horizon Call of The Mountain - tho hardly anyone played it

And Burning Shores

To be fair since I included: First Light

3 full fledged in-house console exclusive in 3 years... 2 made by Insomnic

And a PS3 remake

Congrats

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Sony didn't make those games, im specifically talking about playstation studio games not sure why you guys want to go to extreme mental gymnastics
Because then they'll have to admit you are right.

Reactions: Box
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I don't think we need any for at least a few months. The first few months of the year are packed with PS games.

Well we do need to know what's coming out in the end of the year unless they have NOTHING, they are not going to shadow drop Bloodborne 2,Last of Us 3 and Ghost of Tsushima 2

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
But they did make those games. They foot the bill. Without them, they don’t get made. Sony also co developed those games through X-Dev.