When Xbox consoles stop being made, how high will PlayStation sales go?

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
That is true. Dreamcast got a game a year after its death. xbox can still make everything they make for the others, for maybe 3 years or 5 years since dev time is longer now.
They’ve stuffed retail channels with twenty years worth of stock at the rate they’re selling hardware.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I think they'll stay in the industry as publishers and we'll see major changes to how gamepass works, the worst decision they could make was bringing it to PC. As someone with limited income that chose to buy a playstation 5 (specially since pretty much all my library came from the ps4) I have no reason whatsoever to buy an Xbox. The only reason was GamePass, no need to buy new games if they come to the service right? but since its also on PC (although in a limited form) why would I buy a console when I can have the better versions of their games on a much much better machine?
They’re OBVIOUSLY staying in as a game publisher, publishing software is the only profitable thing MS does.

Also, buying Activision would be a million times as retarded as it already was if they were to bail on games entirely.

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
They’ve stuffed retail channels with twenty years worth of stock at the rate they’re selling hardware.
That is getting sent to the E.T. landfill in Las Vegas. The reason we are getting their games on ps5 is cause no one wants that.

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Also, buying Activision would be a million times as retarded as it already was if they were to bail on games entirely.
To be honest I dont think they will drop console spaces at all. Xbox doesnt need to be profitable, MS has a fuckton of money and can just throw it at a failing product like the current gen consoles solely to stay relevant. When next gen comes, hell maybe even after the mid gen updates them making a comeback, like the ps3 did, is entirely possible.

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
To be honest I dont think they will drop console spaces at all. Xbox doesnt need to be profitable, MS has a fuckton of money and can just throw it at a failing product like the current gen consoles solely to stay relevant. When next gen comes, hell maybe even after the mid gen updates them making a comeback, like the ps3 did, is entirely possible.
Who used you for experimental drugs?

• noneofmybizz

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I do wonder if, should they leave the console space, will they port their shit to ps5 or just leave it as is

Reactions: Bryank75

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Xbots have been waiting for this comeback for 11 years. Won't happen, I can also promise you that the higher ups at MS won't tolerate Xbox being a money sink forever. Especially when they have ABK, I can see them doing what actually brings money in and focus less on consoles.

• they're_right_you_know

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
1 - It's been 10 years for the ps3 comeback, it ain't happening.
2 - Did you not see Mixer have an influx of income from MS /spending 100 million on 2 big streamers for 1 year only on Mixer/ to have it shut down in 6 months and move everyone to facebook. Not even twitch.

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Who used you for experimental drugs?
what do you mean? Xbox is being outsold 5 to 1 by sony. kinda like the 360 and the ps3 at first.
I dont think its remotelly possible for MS to revert that however.
Xbots have been waiting for this comeback for 11 years. Won't happen
What I mean by a comeback is making so that the series X is no longer irrelevant.

Also, sorry if my english is broken, not my native language.

• Shake
Reactions: voke

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I think they'll stay in the industry as publishers and we'll see major changes to how gamepass works, the worst decision they could make was bringing it to PC.

Stopping manufacturing Xbox hardware isn't quiting gaming. Of course they will stay in gaming for a long time, but for quite a while Xbox Series hardware is a huge money pit for gaming segment at MS. Much more than Xbone was

• they're_right_you_know

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
2 - Did you not see Mixer have an influx of income from MS /spending 100 million on 2 big streamers for 1 year only on Mixer/ to have it shut down in 6 months and move everyone to facebook. Not even twitch.
Proof that they are stupid enough to drop even publishing after aquiring Activision.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
MS has a fuckton of money and can just throw it at a failing product like the current gen consoles solely to stay relevant.

If you think that MS love hardware that are money pit for them and unsuccessful and throw a money into it, think twice

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Like I said before, I have 0 reason to buy an Xbox and thats the current reality for the vast majority of gamers.
BUT (and I'm playing devil's advocate) i'll return to the ps3 as an example, it was selling at a loss for its entire lifespam and sony still threw money at it and made it the biggest comeback in gaming history. by the end of its life ps3 was only outsold that gen by the wii (which was bought by every granny in the world)
i'm not saying that WILL happen, what i'm saying is that even if its failing there is still interest for MS in seling consoles.

• Informative
Reactions: Bryank75

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
Staff member
1 Jul 2022
henry fonda cigar GIF

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I’d be shocked if MS hasn’t already stopped manufacturing, with how they overstuffed the channel.

Most likely, they’re waiting for a certain amount of standing stock at retailers to be sold off so they can formally announce the discontinuation of Xbox hardware.

Remember, they can keep selling games for the rest of the generation even if they’ve killed off the hardware, and they’re dropping physical media at a few retailers already.

Xbox dying off officially will be the quietest death of a console ever, since it’s already 90% done.
Some real delusions on this site if y'all think they will discontinue the Series console line.

• haha