Who are the most important & significant voices in the PlayStation community?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Nah mate Sony’s 1st Party games (except the Japanese games) are like movies. There is no need to discuss any lore. Sony’s 1st Party games had good lore in the PS1-PS3 era. The Hollywood blockbusters are boring af, never played one of them again after finishing the story.

So lack of story = Great Lore according to you.

I guess the Soulsborne games have great lore too because they lack story and people just make up shit on Youtube.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
So lack of story = Great Lore according to you.

I guess the Soulsborne games have great lore too because they lack story and people just make up shit on Youtube.
Lol no, there is no lack of story.
The focus lies on different aspects like gameplay. Story is being told through the exploration of the world .
The Souls games actually have. Storytelling through World building.

• haha

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Lol no, there is no lack of story.
The focus lies on different aspects like gameplay. Story is being told through the exploration of the world .
The Souls games actually have. Storytelling through World building.

Which is basically a figment of your imagination. Your brainchild.

That is NOT Lore.

Anyway let’s not derail this thread any further. We can discuss this is a new thread.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Which is basically a figment of your imagination. Your brainchild.

That is NOT Lore.

Anyway let’s not derail this thread any further. We can discuss this is a new thread.
Lol brain child you say. You can’t just comprehend the complexity of Nintendo games…
Sony games (the western ones) are boring Hollywood blockbusters. There is no rich lore. It’s just plain movie telling. It’s a fact Nintendo franchises have a more interesting lore in general.

• haha

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Lol brain child you say. You can’t just comprehend the complexity of Nintendo games…
Sony games (the western ones) are boring Hollywood blockbusters. There is no rich lore. It’s just plain movie telling. It’s a fact Nintendo franchises have a more interesting lore in general.

How old are you?

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Bro can’t take L is now trying to insult me on my age. 🥱
Sure dude Hollywood Blockbusters are so rich on lore. ☠️

Cause it shows.

I was probably playing Nintendo games before you were born.

Even as I child they were anything but complex with great lore.

You think making up shit to fill plot holes in games with average storylines equals lore.

Same goes for Souls games.

It’s not lore. It’s bullshit.

Go on create a thread with the great lore of Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Pokemon.

Fascinate us.

Embarrassing.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Cool it with the personal stuff guys, before it gets out of hand.

Let's stay on topic and be nicer/more tolerant of each other's opinions.

Be Nice Season 6 GIF by Better Call Saul

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Both forms of story telling are great.

Souls games are more than just peoples interpretations and the US games have plenty of lore and backstory, God of War comes to mind and TLOU has lots going on too

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You think making up shit to fill plot holes in games with average storylines equals lore.

Same goes for Souls games.

It’s not lore. It’s bullshit.
Im a bit confused because Souls Games have plenty of Lore.
Who cares if people have to put some of it together, alot of it is official through the items and characters and events, its not just random for people to fill in.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
It’s because Sony doesn’t have much franchises which do release on a consistent base. Nintendo is much longer developing games than Sony. The majority of Nintendo franchise have been created 40-50 years ago. Fire Emblem, Pokémon Zelda and Xenoblade have much more complex lore than Sony’s first party games. Only God of War has a somewhat complex lore because of its many games, but that’s it. Pokémon, Zelda and Fire Emblem have many games and also a mysterious lore mostly. So it’s not a surprise we see many fans on YouTube making stuff about Nintendo lore.

The closest thing we have is Ratchet,GOW and maybe killzone/uncharted if we are stretching it

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
The closest thing we have is Ratchet,GOW and maybe killzone/uncharted if we are stretching it
Ah yes and Wild Arms and bunch of other Japanese games of Sony. Wild Arms is Actually a legendary franchise but sadly with a bad localisation in the west, so many don’t know about this franchise. But it has a deep lore.

Reactions: Box
J

Joey Ravn

He takes on the same opinion as Era and post there a lot.

And what opinion may that be? I haven't seen Ryan make any outrageous, ResetEra-like take on anything.

I feel like saying "he posts on ResetEra therefore he's trash" is exactly the same mentality that ResetEra has, constantly passing everything through a purity filter that's always bound to fall short of what is considered "pure enough". We have people here who post on ResetEra, on GAF, on both and on other places. There are still people on ResetEra who are openly pro-PS, despite the constant push for Xbox narratives by the admins and mods.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Ah yes and Wild Arms and bunch of other Japanese games of Sony. Wild Arms is Actually a legendary franchise but sadly with a bad localisation in the west, so many don’t know about this franchise. But it has a deep lore.

I loved Wild Arms, Arc the Lad and Grandia. They are top tier JRPGS

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Eternal_Wings