Why hasn’t Sony been able to create anything approaching the quality of a Zelda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
c8tequk3v6k61.jpg
Oh a magazine said it, must be true then! 😂

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: TubzGaming

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I dont think they have tried really and Zelda is a very special franchise. Just like Mario, God of War, MGS etc

Reactions: Cragarmi

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I don’t care about sales numbers.. I’m talking quality. Objectively, nothing touches Zelda and it’s sad that Sony hasn’t been able to sniff its tunic.
What quality you are talking about here?
The shitty graphics?
The shitty framerate?
The terrible combat?

What is it?

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Are you referring to Horizon or its quickly forgotten sequel?
I see you are trying to troll but you are doing a horrible job at it.
If you are going to poke fun at game/s you dont like or care about why talk about them?
Both Zelda and Horizon have both sold well and scored well and both have big fan bases.
Comparing games that only you seem to want to compare does not mean you are right or wrong as that is your opinion and people are aloud to not agree with you.
At the end of the day sales do matter and so does quality, Both of which Horizon has.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I established the goalposts in the thread title. It doesn’t surprise me someone with your tastes is incapable of reading.
Seriously guys, they’ve had 25 years and 127 “Zelda killers” later, they can’t seem to create anything even remotely close. From Dark Cloud to Horizon, it’s been fail after fail. It’s frankly pathetic at this point. Maybe it’s for the best they’re pretty much pulling out of Japan or else they’d be forced to commit ritual suicide.

Horizon received good reviews and outsold every Zelda except BOTW. That includes Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

It reviewed well and sold 20 million copies.

What are even arguing about then?

Maybe I'm incapable of reading but did you just say 127 Zelda killers? Could you name them please.

OP
OP
Swanson

Swanson

24 Jun 2022
Thank you all for all the DM support. I’d prefer you guys actually post your support in the thread, though. We all know what I’ve said is true, but you’ve devoted so much of your life slathering Sonys taint, that you’ve been blinded to the truth. It’s time that people like me speak out.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I established the goalposts in the thread title. It doesn’t surprise me someone with your tastes is incapable of reading.

Good to have a passionate Nintendo fan here, would love you to make a thread on most anticipated Switch games.... a lot of us have Switches too.

I made a Pokemon thread a while back, that is my most anticipated game on Switch ATM.

Hope you'll stick around!

• thisistheway
Reactions: PropellerEar

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Thank you all for all the DM support. I’d prefer you guys actually post your support in the thread, though. We all know what I’ve said is true, but you’ve devoted so much of your life slathering Sonys taint, that you’ve been blinded to the truth. It’s time that people like me speak out.
will ferrell elf GIF by Sunergos Coffee

Slathering taint is no good, be it Sony or Nintendo.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
This is spicy 😍 maybe we need that here it's fun 😁

Poor Horizon always getting compared to BOTW and now Elden Ring. Guerilla were never trying to compete with these games. That was just the unfortunate release dates 😿

I love my Nintendo Switch. PS games are not competing with Nintendo. They can both coexist no problem 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.